• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman191

How do you fix this team's defensive problems?

Rate this topic

How to fix the Red Wings defense-

-Somebody yell at Brad McCrimmon and ask him what the F*CK he is doing...

-Yell at Lidstrom and the rest of the defense clowns to stop throwing the puck up the boards and skate it out of the zone.

Btw defensemen aren't the only people that matter in the defensive zone. Leino failed to be strong on the boards and couldn't clear the zone, Helm failed to cover a player in front of the net. Now those are just two examples and a lot of our forwards aren't putting the effort into the defensive zone.

But with that said, I can't be 100% confident in our defensive pairings. I would feel confortable if we didn't have to play Lebda/Meech, over lets say a Havelid, or another defensive oriented defenseman.

Btw defensemen aren't the only people that matter in the defensive zone. Leino failed to be strong on the boards and couldn't clear the zone, Helm failed to cover a player in front of the net. Now those are just two examples and a lot of our forwards aren't putting the effort into the defensive zone.

But with that said, I can't be 100% confident in our defensive pairings. I would feel confortable if we didn't have to play Lebda/Meech, over lets say a Havelid, or another defensive oriented defenseman.

Like, say, Chelios?

Chelios has badly outplayed Lebda in the games I've seen.

Hmm...anyone think McCrimmon is in good enough shape to put the pads on? Chelios can help out there.

Solve two problems there. Dump Lebda for whatever pick or prospect he'll bring in, sign McCrimmon for the pro-rated league minimum to take his place. Put someone else in charge of the PK and Defense. Our defense can look like this:

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Lilja/Chelios

Meech/McCrimmon

How's that work out for everyone?

Edited by eva unit zero

Hmmmm.....

"How do you fix this team's defensive problems?"

Well.....

A good start would be to STOP saying that "the goaltending just needs to be better." That has been Babcock's mantra all Season long.

And it has let the rest of the Team off the hook, enabling them to continue with their sloppy, irresponsible play. Some nights they're better than others, but overall, there have been very few games where the Wings have played "Red Wings Hockey" this Season.

Perhaps if the Defense was better, the goaltending wouldn't look so bad.

The Defense has been a Clutterbuck all year. Last night, it came to a head.

I don't think Babcock's blamed the goalies all year. He's said Osgood needs to be better, which he does, but he's called out the D enough and Lidstroms called out the D on numerous occasions. It doesn't get the headlines like the goalie thing because the press knows all the masses eat that crap up, but they know D is a problem.

I think Lids is more injured than he's letting on. He'll be Lids in the playoffs though.

Rafs will be fine in the playoffs.

Stuart/Kronwall - anyone's guess here. I'm surprised this one has been as rough as it's been and that it hasn't improved. Kronwall especially has been so troubling all season with the stupid plays.

Lilja-6 - bringing in another guy who can compete for the spot will hopefully get this pairing steady in the playoffs. I think Lilja will turn it on again when it counts.

I think our defenses have been pretty good lately. I am suggesting this opinion with the exception of the back to back games.

I think Nick seems to be back on his track with Rafalski and Kronwall and Stuart have to work on little mistakes and Lilja has been impressive.

The only thing was that we got raped by the Preds yesterday and Stuart and Kronwall were horrible doubtlessly but we can fix that. Games left for us are easier than before I think because the only strong team we have to compete in the regular season is Flames and Hawks and other teams are lower than average.

If we can win many of games left for us then we can build up the confidence for our defenses.

Trade Lilja, Chelios, Lebda, Meech, Rafalski, Stuart, and Kronwall, for Pronger, Chara, Phaneuf, Green, Niedermayer, and Markov. Then this team may have a slight chance at appeasing a few panicking fans who need to panic and want to dump players after every loss.

Well said. However slight it may be, it is still a chance.

Laughing my ass off on the outside...crying a little bit on the inside.

How to fix the Wings D...

FIRE Brad McCrimmon.

Think about it, can you honestly remember anybody saying that the Atlanta Thrashers defense was good while he was there.

Guest Four

FIRE Brad McCrimmon.

Think about it, can you honestly remember anybody saying that the Atlanta Thrashers defense was good while he was there.

He'll be gone in the offseason.

FIRE Brad McCrimmon.

TA-DA! Kick his ass out, problem solved.