• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetterling

The Lilja Injury

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...eck_and_ba.html

Lilja's concussion sounds pretty bad. This could be not good come playoff time. He played really good this season and he's a solid #5 or #6 defenseman with lots of playoff experience. Will Ericsson or Meech be able to fill in for this guy? In my opinion, Meech sucks pretty bad and Ericsson is an unknown with little playoff experience. Lebda sucks often too. Who will be the starting #5 and #6 defense men in the first round?

Perhaps Chelios will have to speed it up!

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Chelios/Lebda-Ericsson?

(Meech/dumbfounded Lilja)

i really would like lillypads in the lineup this postseason, but if somehow he can't make it, i THINK we should be okay. but the way he's played this year, i think we'd really miss his presence on the PK.

c'mon lils!

Wow, did anyone ever picture the day when we'd be praying for Lilja to be in a playoff lineup?

I gotta say, I really like Lilja this year, and even when I criticized him I always liked him. Hope he's okay and gets better soon.

I don't see anything from that article that would infer that Lilja will be out for an extended period of time.

Anyways, one of Lilja's greatest assets is his ability to block shots, and that role I would be very comfortable with giving to Ericcson, as blocking shots was one thing that I noticed him do pretty frequently and regularly.

i really would like lillypads in the lineup this postseason, but if somehow he can't make it, i THINK we should be okay. but the way he's played this year, i think we'd really miss his presence on the PK.

c'mon lils!

Especially in a year when the Wings PK has been so sub-par. Get better Lils

Did this happen when he "fought" Weber?

Lilja was one of my more liked Wings, but his stock went down when he facepalmed Shea to the ice ;)

Hopefully he and Hossa heal quickly.

Good thing Shea Weber has never been hurt in a fight...............oh wait, nevermind. :hehe:

Guest Shoreline
Good thing Shea Weber has never been hurt in a fight...............oh wait, nevermind. :hehe:

Yeah.. nevermind.

Five-six weeks until playoff time. It doesn't sound like it's on the scale of Patrice Bergeron's (thank god). No reason for concern just yet I don't think.

Yeah I'm not worried yet. Concussions are tricky. You've got almost 20 games left so there is plenty of time for him to heal. If he doesn't right away they've got Cheli, Meech and Ericsson who can all step in.

Did this happen when he "fought" Weber?

Lilja was one of my more liked Wings, but his stock went down when he facepalmed Shea to the ice ;)

Hopefully he and Hossa heal quickly.

He really should have been more gentle on the guy who had just elbowed him in the face. That was an ugly bit of hockey from both players.

I will say Weber should have gotten a penalty for the elbow and for instigator from what I saw.

Guest Shoreline

I doubt many here will say that was a smart fight by Lilja. Dunno what the f*** he was thinking. Maybe testing his face's resistance to knuckles.

Yeah, he should be better by the playoffs though concussions can mess you up. Lilja has been playing pretty good this year. Pain Train and Big Hut for the 3rd pairing would be good.

Update:

Lilja has persistent headaches

Defenseman Andreas Lilja is experiencing constant headaches because of the concussion he sustained after being punched by Nashville's Shea Weber last Saturday.

"When the headaches are over, then I can probably start playing,'' Lilja said. "I've had concussions before, but never had these symptoms afterward. Usually, you wait 10 days and you're good to go. Never had headaches all the time. It's just weird.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...sa_remains.html

I doubt many here will say that was a smart fight by Lilja. Dunno what the f*** he was thinking. Maybe testing his face's resistance to knuckles.

Yeah, thanks for the honesty I wasn't even cheering during that fight I just watched it with my mouth open like WTF is Lilja doing, trying to get a tattoo of Weber's fist? :scared:

I didn't really see the elbow on the YouTube clip, can someone point out the timestamp of that?

At any rate, hopefully Lilja recovers quickly. One of our fan favorites, Scott Nichol, got concussed on 12/9 and is still out. <_<

I've been concussed before playing sports myself and it is not a pleasant experience at all.

He really should have been more gentle on the guy who had just elbowed him in the face. That was an ugly bit of hockey from both players.

I will say Weber should have gotten a penalty for the elbow and for instigator from what I saw.

You really think WEBER should have gotten the instigator after that piece of facepalm tackling/horse collaring bit by Lilja? Hm.

WTF are you talking about?

Lilja did more than well against Neil, Souray and Boll, all of whom are better fighters than Weber in my book. You make it sound like Hudler decided to all of a sudden drop the gloves with Boogaard.

Either you don't like Lilja, or you think Weber is some kind of enforcing god, who is way better than any of Lilja's other opponents. Anything can happen when those gloves come off.

He will be fine -- there is absolutely no reason to get all up in arms and start panicked threads over. This is his first concussion.

I can tell you it isn't serious enough to keep him out of the playoffs by looking at the tape of the fight that caused it -- anyone who has seen concussions and/or experienced one could.