• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/27 GDT: Islanders 2 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

My friend, who isn't much of a hockey fan, is going to be at the game. Wings win it 6-0 with a Datsyuk hat trick, two goals from Hank, and one from Filppula. On Monday, my friend comes back to school loving the Wings almost as much as me. :lol:

Line 3 look really weird. Hudler centering a line, i no he has done it before in the juniors and i think a little in the AHL but with Malts and Sammy thats weird. And Cleary on line 4 is weird to

This is a must win game. No matter what happens, if the Wings lose this game against the worst team in the league, they have to feel shameful. Same with Osgood. If he allows some weak goals against the WORST TEAM, THE ISLES!!, he should feel shameful.

Nothings guaranteed these cellar dwellers beat the Devils 7-3 / 2 weeks ago punished the Canadiens and other teams. They have goaltending and a lot young upstarts, we can't take them for granted especially if our goaltending falters. Maybe 4-3 Wings.

This will be an interesting game to watch. If the lowly Isles get more than 8 scoring chances in the 1st period, then pull Ozzie than, sit him for the rest of the season and start Conklin in the playoffs. Cause a couple nights ago against Calgary, after allowing 12 scoring opportunities on 8 shots on goal, it occurred to me that they play just fine in front of Conklin. This points towards a locker room issue, and regardless of the reason you cannot side with an individual over the rest of the team. As for a trade, I doubt he is worth much, and K. Holland isn't like every other team in DET. He wouldn't trade something for nothing. I'm not sure of the new rules or if the waiver draft is still used. But if it is, then you can bet TBL, PHX, ATL, and LAK can all use a play-off run next year.

On another note, this team could very well be in our conference next year. Show them why they should stay in New York.

Also I remember last year when we took the President's trophy last year, a bunch of naysayers said it was because of how weak the central is. Well this year it looks like all 5 central teams have a decent shot of making it to the play-offs. I am sure an entire division has done it before, but not since expanding to 5 teams per div.

This will be an interesting game to watch. If the lowly Isles get more than 8 scoring chances in the 1st period, then pull Ozzie than, sit him for the rest of the season and start Conklin in the playoffs. Cause a couple nights ago against Calgary, after allowing 12 scoring opportunities on 8 shots on goal, it occurred to me that they play just fine in front of Conklin. This points towards a locker room issue, and regardless of the reason you cannot side with an individual over the rest of the team. As for a trade, I doubt he is worth much, and K. Holland isn't like every other team in DET. He wouldn't trade something for nothing. I'm not sure of the new rules or if the waiver draft is still used. But if it is, then you can bet TBL, PHX, ATL, and LAK can all use a play-off run next year.

On another note, this team could very well be in our conference next year. Show them why they should stay in New York.

Also I remember last year when we took the President's trophy last year, a bunch of naysayers said it was because of how weak the central is. Well this year it looks like all 5 central teams have a decent shot of making it to the play-offs. I am sure an entire division has done it before, but not since expanding to 5 teams per div.

this post is like a culmination of 10 threads seen recently. amazing!

Lol, Babcock when talking about taking the Islanders seriously:

"They're gonna be excited. They're coming in here to play the Detroit Red Wings, the team they've been hearing all their lives, and our guys don't know who they are, I guarantee you."

Edited by Pasha13