• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blues_demitra38

Rick Nash destroyed

Rate this topic

Great hit by Oshie... I already like him a lot. I could consider it a bit of a charge but he looks like he's racing to get in the play and then it just happens to get thrown to Nash, so I thought it was clean.

the blue jackets announcers have got to be the worst around maybe tied with nashviles guys

i live in columbus so unfourtunetly its blacked out on center ice when red wings play the jackets

they are terrible homers tho

they were telling a story and the red wings scored a goal and they didnt even stop to say "red wigns score" they continued the story and ignored the goal

least ken would aknowledge the other teams goal and comment on it

or something

Well, the hit itself was just fine. The only thing I could see them have ANY question about is whether it was a late hit or not. Watch closely, he shoots the p uck around the boards and it gets all the way around to the other faceoff circle before Oshie hits him. I still say clean hit because it looked as if Oshie was just finishing his hit he started before Nash dumped the puck off. Wah wah wah, said the Colombus announcers lol

Great hit by Oshie... I already like him a lot. I could consider it a bit of a charge but he looks like he's racing to get in the play and then it just happens to get thrown to Nash, so I thought it was clean.

Nah, no charge really. He took one , maybe 2 strides and glided into nash

Looked like an OK hit to me, not dirty. This is the kind of play Mickey is always complaining about, players getting mad over clean hits that are just part of the game. Although it was their captain, so we've all had that debate before ;)

It looks like somewhat of a charge to me. He took a four strides, coasted, then a couple of more strides and coasted into Nash. It also looks like he got his arms and stick up.

From NHL Rule Book:

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A "Charge" may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

1. A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

2. When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed, and an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100).

3. A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease.

(NOTE) A goalkeeper is NOT "fair game" just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the Referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

Although goalkeepers are provided with additional protection under Rule 78 -- Protection of the Goalkeeper, they are still subject to penalties for infractions of the rules that they commit in or out of the goal crease. Particular attention will be made by the Referees to goalkeepers that embellish the contact in an attempt to draw a penalty.

Edited by CenterIce

Ehh, i still say it was more of a late hit than a charge...

Oh wait, i juts watched again and noticed the 3-4 strides he took before gliding, then striding twice more....i dont know if that is a charge though because he glided for a bit then started again....would that be a charge then ?

Ehh, i still say it was more of a late hit than a charge...

Oh wait, i juts watched again and noticed the 3-4 strides he took before gliding, then striding twice more....i dont know if that is a charge though because he glided for a bit then started again....would that be a charge then ?

To me, it is one fluid motion. At least, it slowed him down a bit before he hit Nash.

Looked like a charge to me, he took a bee-line towards nash who was near the corner while he was out between the top of the circles and the blue line. The only argument is that he was racing towards Nash because that is where the puck was headed at the time, but it didn't look like he had any interest in the puck, especially since the puck was long gone.

To me, it is one fluid motion. At least, it slowed him down a bit before he hit Nash.

It's not that he slowed down, he started to coast because that's what you do to set yourself up for a hit, it's pretty tough to hit a guy without coasting in to him.

Forgot, why "that can't happen", meaning the Blue Jackets can't let Nash get hit like that. Maybe I'm reading the comments wrong though. Even if they were saying it was bad and shouldn't happen from a rules stand point, I still wouldn't have a big problem with it since they weren't yelling and screaming about it. That said, I do think they are pretty bad announcers based on the rare CBJ games I have watched, but I find a lot of announcers pretty bad.

Forgot, why "that can't happen", meaning the Blue Jackets can't let Nash get hit like that. Maybe I'm reading the comments wrong though. Even if they were saying it was bad and shouldn't happen from a rules stand point, I still wouldn't have a big problem with it since they weren't yelling and screaming about it. That said, I do think they are pretty bad announcers based on the rare CBJ games I have watched, but I find a lot of announcers pretty bad.

That's how I interpreted it as well; I think they were saying the Jackets have to defend their captain, not that it was a dirty hit.

Guest Four
That's how I interpreted it as well; I think they were saying the Jackets have to defend their captain, not that it was a dirty hit.

Also what I interpreted. If the clip was longer we would be able to tell.

I think if I were Nash and saw Oshie, I'd have lowered my center of gravity significantly and gave it to Oshie. I think he was late enough that Nash could have defended himself (but may not have expected to get it like he did).

Whoa, it did definitely look like Oshie had Nash lined up way back at the blue line. I'd have to call that a charge, not a particularly dirty hit as it did look like he slowed down as he approached Nash.

As someone who has refereed quite a few games...this is absolutely a charge.

Oshie starts skating full speed towards Nash from the blue line. Now whether he is skating after the puck initially or not doesn't matter because of the fact that he hit Nash full on well after the puck left the area without any indication he was thinking of turning to follow the puck.

So definitely a it's a charge.