• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheCaptain19

The Ducks

Rate this topic

Anyone else thinkin what I'm thinkin? It seems we really lucked out for once. No east to west travel.. But also the way the Ducks are playing against the Sharks right now. Are the Sharks just choking again, or are the Ducks the team to beat? Either way, I'm glad we got the BJs right now. I'm not saying our series is locked up either, but I'm thinking it's looking pretty good.

well just to tell you sth, if the ducks win, and the wings win, they play them next, should the wings keep playing the way they do, and every other team plays the way they are, our next series will be on the west coast against the ducks or nucks.

Its both the Ducks massive experience AND the Sharks massive choking ability. Throw in some Hiller playing out of his mind.

Fortunately for the rest of the west, their scoring isn't at the same level it was at in 06/07.

I am loving Hiller... Getting Hiller with it!! lol ^^ I like how shark fans where already buying their round 2. tickets when they found out they would be playing the ducks... HERE IS TO A HOME ICE WIN ON TUESDAY (which I will be attending!! cant wait) oh and also loving the sharks 0 for 12 i think it is on the PP for this series so far.

Edited by Duck Guy

As a Wings fan, I want that series to go 7. The more they can beat the crap out of each other the better. Also, I want Hiller's confidence to be rattled real good. Then, I want the Ducks to win.

Edited by Turretin

Based upon the performance of our grinders particularly in game one, I feel much more confident about a potential match-up with the Ducks; a team that has seemed able to out monkey the wings on the ice. The dump and chase doesn't bother me so much, but against teams that seem to systematically use it to injure opponents scares me. I am far less worried about the Sharks now, ironically enough, because they are a much better team now that they try to play a puck possession (a la Redwing offense) San Jose now tries to out play their opponents. They are hard to beat, but you don't have to worry about being out gooned in the process.

I am not convinced that the Ducks are any more respectful now than they were a couple of years ago, and I don't think I will ever feel safe as long as Pronger is taking liberties on the ice.

I think the Ducks are very underrated this season. They've got a blueline studded with Pronger, Neidermayer, Beauchemin, Whitney, and Wishneiski; that's definitely comparable to the Red Wings' defense corps. Add a hot goaltender into the mix, and they're a legitimate threat to any team in the playoffs.

The Sharks on the other hand have been riding a hot powerplay for the entire second half of the season; they've got just over 50 even strength goals since the ASG. And taking away Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau (rumored injury) from an already slumping team with a reputation of choking when it counts definitely hurts their chances at success.

I am not convinced that the Ducks are any more respectful now than they were a couple of years ago, and I don't think I will ever feel safe as long as Pronger is taking liberties on the ice.

Puck Fronger.

I want the Ducks. I was a little pissed last year that the Wings didn't get to beat them on the way to the cup. There is one team that hasn't "upset" the Wings in the playoffs, but rather just beat them: the Anaheim Ducks. It's Detroit's turn to take it to them in a series. That would be such sweet revenge.

Guest Shoreline

I know we're looking a bit ahead of ourselves but the way things are headed the Wings might be facing the Ducks mid-late next week. No doubt I'm cautious if this is the case, but I also agree with the sentiments some others here said with their "face your demons" sort of attitude. The Ducks have had the Wings number in the playoffs in recent years, and I'm sure it would feel very good for the Wings to exact revenge of sorts. However, me wanting the cup more than revenge on the Ducks, I am still cautious and would like to avoid that scenario.

On a side note, I'm sure many agreed with me back in 2007 that seeing Pronger hoist that cup over his head was such a disgraceful/sour feeling.

Edited by Shoreline

In no way shape or form should we be worried about the Ducks. The Ducks are a one line team with a great defensive corps, comparible to are's. Right now their goalie is hot, but that can easily change. For anyone who has watched the first two Duck games, those games could have gone either way - the Sharks have even outplayed them, especially in Game 2, just couldn't capitalize.

Next round we either get the Ducks or 'Nucks. I'll take my chances with the one line team and rookie goaltending. Then a team that has been just as hot as the Ducks, with more depth, and the best goaltender in the world.

If the Sharks are out of the picture, no other team in the West is in our league if we playthe way we have been so far in the playoffs.

In no way shape or form should we be worried about the Ducks. The Ducks are a one line team with a great defensive corps, comparible to are's. Right now their goalie is hot, but that can easily change. For anyone who has watched the first two Duck games, those games could have gone either way - the Sharks have even outplayed them, especially in Game 2, just couldn't capitalize.

Next round we either get the Ducks or 'Nucks. I'll take my chances with the one line team and rookie goaltending. Then a team that has been just as hot as the Ducks, with more depth, and the best goaltender in the world.

If the Sharks are out of the picture, no other team in the West is in our league if we playthe way we have been so far in the playoffs.

I think most wing fans are scared of the ducks because they are a more physical team. And not to mention the past history the wings have had vs. the ducks in the playoffs. The ducks are not a one line team. Sure the Getz, Perry, and Bobby line are the top contributors to their scoring like any 1st line would be to any team. Ducks have Ebbet, Mller, teemu, who have been known to contribute.. And their PK is yet to let in 1 goal of 12 shark chances this series. I think you are underestimating the ducks a little (seems to be the trend) Either way the ducks-sjs series is not yet over !!! nor is the wings-BJs

Edited by Duck Guy

I think most wing fans are scared of the ducks because they are a more physical team. And not to mention the past history the wings have had vs. the ducks in the playoffs. The ducks are not a one line team. Sure the Getz, Perry, and Bobby line are the top contributors to their scoring like any 1st line would be to any team. Ducks have Ebbet, Mller, teemu, Nokel, and christensen who have been known to contribute.. And their PK is yet to let in 1 goal of 12 shark chances this series. I think you are underestimating the ducks a little (seems to be the trend) Either way the ducks-sjs series is not yet over !!! nor is the wings-BJs

Naw, i know the Ducks arn't a true #8 seed. But i'm not underestimating them at all. They have four forwards. Don't humour me with Ebbet, and whoever else is on the second line. The Sharks can still come back, and I guess a miracle could happen and the Bj's could. People on here like to look forward. Shots don't tell the hole story, but if you give me a series with the Ducks where they want to be undisciplined and be outshot 2-1 every game, the Wings will win it.

Naw, i know the Ducks arn't a true #8 seed. But i'm not underestimating them at all. They have four forwards. Don't humour me with Ebbet, and whoever else is on the second line. The Sharks can still come back, and I guess a miracle could happen and the Bj's could. People on here like to look forward. Shots don't tell the hole story, but if you give me a series with the Ducks where they want to be undisciplined and be outshot 2-1 every game, the Wings will win it.

I agree If the ducks want to play lets commit 6 penalties per game vs the wings they will lose.

We were down 2-0 in the 1st round series in 02 and Carolina in 06 and both the Wings and the Canes won the Cup those years.

I still say Sharks take the series in 7 and Hiller comes down to earth in the next few rounds.

But, if Hiller keeps playing at the same level, Sharks are done in 5.

Guest DetroitBoy313
But, if Hiller keeps playing at the same level, Sharks are done in 5.

Yeah,and so are we.

I still say Sharks take the series in 7 and Hiller comes down to earth in the next few rounds.

"The next few rounds".....well that's encouraging, I certainly hope he doesn't take more than four or five rounds to get off his cloud.

Then again, there won't be a "next few rounds" for Hiller if the Sharks take it in 7, will there ;)

I assumed the Sharks would eventually collapse but I thought that would be if we wound up playing them.

If I had to pick I would rather the Wings face the Sharks than the Ducks, the Ducks for some reason just seem to be in the Wings heads and give them a hard time.

The fat lady hasn't sung for them yet but game 3 is real crucial for the Sharks. They win this and it could be a series, if not, then wow.

Not getting ahead of myself here, I'm just talking about possibilities.

A week before the regular season ended I thought it would be Wings vs. Ducks in the first round. That had me worried.

I like our chances more now considering how the Wings have played in the past two games. Especially if the refs are calling penalties for reckless play like the Lucic incident. I believe we can beat anyone if the gooning it up is kept to a minimum.

I'm never real confident about playing any team until we've eliminated them. (Dallas last year) but I like our chances this year.