• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hillbillywingsfan

Kesler and Burrows talking trash about Backes' wife

Rate this topic

So... if Avery said it on national TV and was thrown out of his club (and nearly thrown out of the league), when is the hammer gonna drop on these two?

Of course... every altercation is a unique snowflake, as Gary Bettman loves to say...

Miserable. These two (most likely) won't face any charges and Avery had to sit out half a season. Parity and equality, eh? Suuuuuuuuuure. Word-of-mouth is tough to condemn a guy for, but you can't argue if your hand is caught in the cookie jar.

Guest Four

Oh boohoo, they are trash talking on the ice.

Seriously, this happens in every game -- what do you think they say when they get in to scrums, "Im going to beat you on the scoreboard you jerk!!"? No, it's trash talking for a reason. Even the Red Wings do it. It may not be as bad as Kesler and Burrows, but it happens.

I think when they suspended Avery they said it was because it was a pre-planned off-ice event. Anything that happens on the ice minus some racial stuff stays there. Iginla is gettin real bad from all the Hawks players right now, too.

I think when they suspended Avery they said it was because it was a pre-planned off-ice event. Anything that happens on the ice minus some racial stuff stays there. Iginla is gettin real bad from all the Hawks players right now, too.

Yeah I was watching the Hawks game the other day and Pierre was talking about some kind of disrespect to Iginla that wasn't needed. He made it sound like it was some kind of racial remarks.

Guest Shoreline
So... if Avery said it on national TV and was thrown out of his club (and nearly thrown out of the league), when is the hammer gonna drop on these two?

Probably when they take it to the media in the locker room the way Avery did, rather than on the ice where trash talk of that nature belongs. Sensibility sucks doesn't it?

Of course... every altercation is a unique snowflake, as Gary Bettman loves to say...

Miserable. These two (most likely) won't face any charges and Avery had to sit out half a season. Parity and equality, eh? Suuuuuuuuuure. Word-of-mouth is tough to condemn a guy for, but you can't argue if your hand is caught in the cookie jar.

I don't in any way condone what Kesler or Burrows said - I think it is silly and sad that grown men have to result to such pathetic, juvenile and crass statements especially about another player's wife. Kelly Backes looks like a nice lady and for those guys to have to resort to what they did is pathetic. It is sad that they are so uncouth about her:

Kelly_Backes____Bear.jpg

She looks like a nice lady and deserves more respect than they showed her.

However, there is a vast difference between what Kesler/Burrows did and what Avery did. Kesler/Burrows were in the game where trash talking occurs all the time and is expected. They were not miked up and their statements were not intended for the media to pick up and run with but rather were inadvertently picked up by the audio equipment. Avery on the other hand went up to the cameras, away from the game, and gave the media (not the other player) a statement intended to incite a media storm (as opposed to privately getting under his skin during the game). It did not happen in the context of the game, was not in game trash talking, and was said specifically (probably - you can never know the true intent) to cause controversy, shock value, and to make himself the center of attention. To equate the setting of the two incidents as similar is the only way to arrive at that very incorrect comparison.

Edit* You beat me to the point Shoreline - but you made the point in a much more succinct and less convoluted statement. :blush:

Edited by Frozen-Man

This kind of "stuff" happened in the last Chicago - Calgary game. The game was on TSN and Pierre McGuire said he had never, ever heard a star player get the verbal abuse that Jarome Iginla received in that game. What went on in that game got the attention of the League, namely Colin Campbell.

Adam Burish may be out of the next game, due to a bruised image:

"It's the same stuff that people say to me," Burish said. " 'You suck. You're terrible. I'm going to kill you. I'm going to hurt you. I'm going to beat you up.'

"I hear that every game. It's nothing that bothers me."

The only problem is that he's one of the "gang" who's dishing it out.

Yeah I was watching the Hawks game the other day and Pierre was talking about some kind of disrespect to Iginla that wasn't needed. He made it sound like it was some kind of racial remarks.

Im not sure if it's racial cause after the game they were talking about all the flames saying its part of the game. And Keenan mentioned that it is part of the game too as long as they don't get racial. You can't forget that Byfuglien from the Hawks is black(kinda) too.

I love what Avery did because I hate Phaneuf and he such an arrogant ******* he deserved it, in my opinion anyways. hahaha

What?!?!?!? Is that all you have to say to a player? Are they not smart enough to come up with anything else other than a dig on a wife?

It's pathetic IMO

Seriouslly, its to get under the skin of other player they do to throw off there game. I'm sure being polite and telling Backes that he skate like a girl is really gonna piss him off. come on.

Seriouslly, its to get under the skin of other player they do to throw off there game. I'm sure being polite and telling Backes that he skate like a girl is really gonna piss him off. come on.

there are other ways of getting to someone..... leave a personal life out of it!!!! They dont come over and play XBOX 360 after the game,they are not part of his everyday life like buddies or friends

so they should either keep their mouths shut ...or stop showing that they are envious of his wife!!!! makes them look 10 yrs old

And thats all im gonna say about it YOUR WRONG period

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

I love a good trash-talking session, but show some class and leave peoples' wives/children out of the scrum. Now if Kelly Backes started the trash-talking, then she's fair game. But seeing as I don't think that is what happened, it was pretty tacky to bring her up.

Can't you be competitive without turning into a ******?

Edited by Electrophile

Happens all the time. Probably not from class players such as Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidström and so forth but I'm pretty sure every team has it's "trash talkers".

there are other ways of getting to someone..... leave a personal life out of it!!!! They dont come over and play XBOX 360 after the game,they are not part of his everyday life like buddies or friends

so they should either keep their mouths shut ...or stop showing that they are envious of his wife!!!! makes them look 10 yrs old

And thats all im gonna say about it YOUR WRONG period

How do you know theres no history there? How do you they don't know each other outside of playing hockey? How do you know that Backes wasn't yelling something back at them that was worse that the mics didn't catch? That's the way i grew up playing hockey. I'm sure it's not random comments. Even it is who cares., like you have never insulted someone like that before.