• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EuroMan

Posted this on the Sharks forum

Rate this topic

Think about this for a second, please.

How much do we hate it when members of other boards come on LGW just to troll? I imagine the same thing applies for them on their boards. Plus, things like that tend to lead them to find Red Wings forums (like LGW for instance?) to start little flame wars of their own.

Give them a break. They just watched their team fold up shop in the first round, when they had such high hopes for the season. Don't make it any worse for them. Remember our first round disappointments by the Ducks in '03, or the Oilers in '06? Not even the vaunted Red Wings are immune to it either...

Oh, and BTW, trolling on another team's boards is an LGW no-no. It can lead to suspensions here... Food for thought.

thank you. don't kick someone when they're down.

So did I. :(

Second what puckloo said...I've liked the Sharks from when they had their AHL team here (Cleveland), and even though it's been a couple years since they moved to Worcester, a lot of guys that I watched play here like Cheechoo, Clowe, Ehrhoff and Goc are still there. Even Nabokov played for the IHL Lumberjacks briefly. Assuming we couldn't win, I wouldn't have minded seeing the Sharks break through at all.

So welcome, feel free to hang out, hopefully we can off the Ducks for you guys.

I know. Some of us understand. It's very disappointing. Consider joining us here, and rooting for the Wings to stomp the Quacks, OK? :thumbup:

I could never go against my team. I will forever be a Sharks fan no matter how many more times they fail. With that being said, I want the Wings to DISMANTLE the Ducks so just this once, I'll be cheering for the Wings. ;)

Second what puckloo said...I've liked the Sharks from when they had their AHL team here (Cleveland), and even though it's been a couple years since they moved to Worcester, a lot of guys that I watched play here like Cheechoo, Clowe, Ehrhoff and Goc are still there. Even Nabokov played for the IHL Lumberjacks briefly. Assuming we couldn't win, I wouldn't have minded seeing the Sharks break through at all.

So welcome, feel free to hang out, hopefully we can off the Ducks for you guys.

Well I'm sure you won't see a couple of those players back on the team next year, unfortunately. I love my team the way it is, it'll be really hard to see any of these players leave, but it has to be done.

And yes, please do it for us! I would love to see the Ducks fans eat their own s***.

I don't like it to be honest. I think it's clever and all, but maybe just share it with Red Wings fans. San Jose just lost after having an amazing season. When the Oilers beat the Wings nothing ticked me off more than the fans of OTHER teams chirping me. Just my two cents.

Looks like you've met Orangef***? He was one of the more lively ones over in the Sharks forum. Have you all met ToeBlake? Enjoy him, he's a piece of work!

You guys will get a kick out of the Ducks trolls. Enjoy! :P

Yeah, we had our fill of them in the 06-07 WCF... I can't believe I have to endure them again. <_<

At least it's for a good cause :lol:

No doubt. I am sure everyone laughs a little at the prescription thing that was made and posted. But I would think it should have been posted somewhere besides the actual fan forums of the sharks.

I could never go against my team. I will forever be a Sharks fan no matter how many more times they fail. With that being said, I want the Wings to DISMANTLE the Ducks so just this once, I'll be cheering for the Wings. ;)

Yay!

I've actually always had a soft spot for the Sharks. I've always liked them as a team and their fans have always been respectful from what I have known and who I've talked to. I wanted them to win their series, but I guess it happens, right?

Glad to have you on the side of the Wings, at least for this series! Looking forward to your posts :)

No doubt. I am sure everyone laughs a little at the prescription thing that was made and posted. But I would think it should have been posted somewhere besides the actual fan forums of the sharks.

You're forgetting that it was labeled as an advertisement, thus their fans had to be the target audience.

I thought it was hilarious. :lol:

While I think it was pretty funny, I dont think it was appropriate to put on a Sharks board. As someone else said, we have been their many times ourselves. It really sucks. While we may like different teams we are all Hockey fans. At least have a little respect for other peoples team. Karma is a *****, lets hope we don't have the same thing happen to us this coming series.

A little late on the bus here, but I thought it was very funny in an obvious tongue-in-cheek sort of way. I think most level headed Shark fans would enjoy it for a cheap laugh as well. Of course considering the way I felt when Detroit lost to Babcock's Duckies in round 1, not a lot could make me laugh so I could see how a more sensitive fan might view it as taunting.

Tired of long summers? Nothing to do during first round draft?

Not to worry! Introducing… the new and improved

Redwingsophen ( no Rx required )

Your trial period starts on Friday. Take one dose at a time up to 4 times per 7 game series.

Try it for free and re-fill if you like!

Active ingredients: Franzenlin, Datsyken and Hossatrin

Thronton-free for best taste of victory!

Please avoid this product if you are allergic to one or more of the following:

victory, success, celebration, skilled hockey, brooms

It's O-SO-GOOD HOSSALISIOUS – it's CLEARY amazing!

Side effects may include:

Dry eyes, sudden urges to smile, redness of your wardrobe, cramping of both hands into a vertical position,

shortness of summer, loss of appetite for fish based products, prolonged erections

<div align="center">
Watch this free video of amazing product results:
</div>

Call 1-800-FIRE-MY-GM to order!

Its funny, but I just don't get why you would post this on a Sharks forum when they just lost to the Ducks. I would understand if the Wings just eliminated the Sharks, but, just not getting the relevance. Post it on a Blue Jackets forum or Ducks after this round. I just don't get it, but maybe I was sidetraceked a little bit. :lol:

I am going with the..

"I know you meant to be funny but I think you blew it."

Having grown up when the wings sucked, only to have them destroy me more

in the early 90s when they were great but couldnt get past round one or two.

Then to lose to Colorado when I was stuck living there for 6 months.

Then glorious success, and the tragedy of Vladdy.

To the much mentioned disappointments in recent years.

I have to say while joke intended, bad hockey etiquette, bad forum ettiquette.

When its all ove the players shake hands cause when its over they are all hockey players, and

we are all hockey fans in a country dominated by baseball fans. I feel the pain of my Sharks fan

friends, and tonight my Ranger Fan friends. Even though all year I give them hell and bust

their balls. Today they are feeling a pain I know all too well, as done any fan who has been

following the game and loving their team for any length of time. Cause no team wins it every year.

Frankly I would rather see the Sharks succeed then the Ducks. The Sharks are a classy orginization

that takes great care of its players and staff, much in the mold of the Wings. A Sharks/ Wings WCF

would have been awesome!

So I appreciate the attempt at humor but to me the timing sucked

I think it's a funny concept that is funny posted HERE.

To post it on their forum is bad taste at best/trolling at worst.

Also, it only encourages them to do something similar if and/or when the Wings get beat.

Thusly, unnecessary forum wars start.

Edited by FireCaptain

I'm suprised at how sensitive and thin skinned a lot of people are in their replies. Fans are spouting off about how their team is great and our team sucks. Well, if they can dish it out, then they need to eat it too when its their turn. ANd its not our fault that its the Sharks fans turn again! He was teasing them because their hockey team lost, not because their father committed suicide. Not that big of a deal.

Its humorous, clever, and yeah, has some sting to it. Nicely done. :thumbup:

Edited by T.Low

Wow, guys - you're being bigger babies than the people on the Sharks forum. Here's the bottom line: if you have a sense of humor - you'd know that it was meant to be funny, and if you have a life - you're not REALLY that upset where something like this would push you overboard. So, relax.

And please stop feeling sorry for the Sharks fans. They didn't seem to feel sorry for me coming to the Shark Tank wearing the Wings jersey for all these years.

seemms that some forumites are totally lacking sense of humour - I found it to be pretty good.

Also some forumites here are too sensitive to various media outlets - too much "OMG I hate this commentator/writer he did not pick RW as a winner"

I think it's funny. F peoples feelings.. Jesus christ lighten up. It seems like the lack of bloody fights on our ice has pussified some of our fans... Bring back McCarty and Downey! Maybe that would put some of that "bite" back into you "love everyone" hippies.