• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakChamber

2009 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

The team that these lower conferences need to lose is Texas. Alabama and Florida are on a collison course for the SEC championship game, which might be the biggest conference championship game ever.

The question comes up to say USC, Cincy, Iowa, Boise State, and TCU all run the table..then who gets in. Is the Big East better than the Mountain West or the WAC confefrence? Is the Big Ten better than the Pac-10??

I think its safe to say that the SEC Champion will be in the title game...the question is who will be there next to them.

Unless Florida and Alabama implode, Boise St. and TCU won't play for a championship in all likelihood assuming one/both are undefeated still. Which honestly I'm fine with. The BCS is an f'ed about system regardless of if you're in a "big" conference or not (OU/Nebraska getting into title games without winning the Big 12, Auburn going undefeated a few years ago but not playing for a National Championship, etc.) that there's little point to me in bitching or getting on a soapbox about it anymore. It's been messed up and unfair for years.

I'd go with Texas, then an undefeated Cincinnati team then Iowa undefeated team then a 1-loss USC team.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Unless Florida and Alabama implode, Boise St. and TCU won't play for a championship in all likelihood assuming one/both are undefeated still. Which honestly I'm fine with. The BCS is an f'ed about system regardless of if you're in a "big" conference or not (OU/Nebraska getting into title games without winning the Big 12, Auburn going undefeated a few years ago but not playing for a National Championship, etc.) that there's little point to me in bitching or getting on a soapbox about it anymore. It's been messed up and unfair for years.

and thats what is wrong with the BCS. You know how your school can get to the title game?? Join the Big 12. Cant do that with the conference their in right now.

and thats what is wrong with the BCS. You know how your school can get to the title game?? Join the Big 12. Cant do that with the conference their in right now.

Well, that's not happening anytime soon for better/worse so I'm not going to cry over spilled milk about it.

Worst day ever for most of us here :thumbdown:

Penn State and Michigan werent even on the same field.

Iowa and MSU game could have gone either way and after the hook n' ladder, the td pass to white...it looked like things were going MSU's way. Then Stanzi took over and led his team down the field. Nothing can be done or said...Iowa just came up big at the end.

MSU wins out and they are probably in the Capital One or Outback bowl which I will take after the way this season started. IMO, michigan needs to beat Illinois next week or they wont go to a bowl.

Iowa and MSU game could have gone either way and after the hook n' ladder, the td pass to white...it looked like things were going MSU's way. Then Stanzi took over and led his team down the field. Nothing can be done or said...Iowa just came up big at the end.

Sparty, NOOOO! :P

MSU wins out and they are probably in the Capital One or Outback bowl which I will take after the way this season started. IMO, michigan needs to beat Illinois next week or they wont go to a bowl.

I'll say Michigan gets 2 of 3 against Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin. I also predict the season will end in a predictable way. :lol:

Penn State and Michigan werent even on the same field.

There is no difference between "not being on the same field", and a "game that could have gone either way". A lose is a lose. You don't get bonus points for keeping it close, and you still feel the same way afterwards so I don't see your point. I also don't know why U-M needs to win Saturday in order to go bowling. They need one win, and have what four games left?

There is no difference between "not being on the same field", and a "game that could have gone either way". A lose is a lose. You don't get bonus points for keeping it close, and you still feel the same way afterwards so I don't see your point. I also don't know why U-M needs to win Saturday in order to go bowling. They need one win, and have what four games left?

true but I personally would rather get blown out then lose a tough game like last night.

If Michigan cant get past Illinois, do you really think they are gonna get past Purdue, Wisconsin or Ohio State? IMO, Michigan will finish 6-6 with a win next against Illinois.

true but I personally would rather get blown out then lose a tough game like last night.

If Michigan cant get past Illinois, do you really think they are gonna get past Purdue, Wisconsin or Ohio State? IMO, Michigan will finish 6-6 with a win next against Illinois.

That is true they could end up 0-4, or maybe even 4-0 but I'm sure it will end up in the middle. It's too hard to tell with this team. It depends how you view them. If you really like this team you could say they could be 7-1. If you are skeptical like me you could say they could be easily 4-4 or worse.

That is true they could end up 0-4, or maybe even 4-0 but I'm sure it will end up in the middle. It's too hard to tell with this team. It depends how you view them. If you really like this team you could say they could be 7-1. If you are skeptical like me you could say they could be easily 4-4 or worse.

Lets say this team finishes 7-5 and goes to the Pizza Pizza bowl or champs sports bowl....is that enough for Michigan fans? will rich rod be under the hot seat in 2010?? michigan invested so much money in him that i would think so. 3-9 to 7-5 would be a nice turnaround but what would be expected in 2010?? 9-3????

For me MSU has young studs and 2010 has to be the breakthrough year for Dantonio. Like many MSU fans..i thought it was this year (and nearly was). I don't see MSU finishing in the top 3 of the big ten this year and IMO, next year the team has to. I WANT A BIG TEN TITLE!!!

Lets say this team finishes 7-5 and goes to the Pizza Pizza bowl or champs sports bowl....is that enough for Michigan fans? will rich rod be under the hot seat in 2010?? michigan invested so much money in him that i would think so. 3-9 to 7-5 would be a nice turnaround but what would be expected in 2010?? 9-3????

For me MSU has young studs and 2010 has to be the breakthrough year for Dantonio. Like many MSU fans..i thought it was this year (and nearly was). I don't see MSU finishing in the top 3 of the big ten this year and IMO, next year the team has to. I WANT A BIG TEN TITLE!!!

Hmmm...thats a hard one. I'm leaning towards yes, but before the year I thought 8-4. If 7-5 includes beating OSU then it's a big time yes, because that will set up some big time momentum. Either one though is way better then 3-9. Plus this team loses only 6 starters total (7 if Warren goes pro). 85 players are sophomores or younger so there is a lot to be learned still.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Hmmm...thats a hard one. I'm leaning towards yes, but before the year I thought 8-4. If 7-5 includes beating OSU then it's a big time yes, because that will set up some big time momentum. Either one though is way better then 3-9. Plus this team loses only 6 starters total (7 if Warren goes pro). 85 players are sophomores or younger so there is a lot to be learned still.

You counting Brandon Graham gone?? I think he still could play one more year. Losing him would take a huge blow to the line. I am curious to know what the defense is gonna look like once Carr's players are gone. Rich Rod has a reputation of neglecting the defense when it comes to recruiting talent.

For MSU, their line is gonna get hit hard. Trevor Anderson leaves and that is a good thing because that kid cant shut his mouth up. Swenson will be gone and sadly so will Blair White. I will miss both those players the most. Cunningham, Martin and Dell are the WRs next year which means that Dell better step his game up and stop dropping passes. Question is what becomes of Nichol. All that talent cant be wasted.

You counting Brandon Graham gone?? I think he still could play one more year. Losing him would take a huge blow to the line. I am curious to know what the defense is gonna look like once Carr's players are gone. Rich Rod has a reputation of neglecting the defense when it comes to recruiting talent.

For MSU, their line is gonna get hit hard. Trevor Anderson leaves and that is a good thing because that kid cant shut his mouth up. Swenson will be gone and sadly so will Blair White. I will miss both those players the most. Cunningham, Martin and Dell are the WRs next year which means that Dell better step his game up and stop dropping passes. Question is what becomes of Nichol. All that talent cant be wasted.

Brandon Graham is a senior. Can't argue about how RR views his defense. I think it's obvious he cares about it, or else he would have not made changes already, but I think he's pretty hands off about it. Don't know if thats the way to go, but we will find out sometime in the future. It will be a while because that D is awful, and I really believe a lot of the problems have nothing to do with coaching (besides the defensive backs). Robinson uses hybrid players, and we had none when he came. Plus there is zero depth. There are 4 walk ons who are 2 deep.

MSU also has Fred Smith who could step up. He was all world in HS, but I heard last season he showed up out of shape but that could have all changed over the year. I haven't heard anything about him this season, but MSU doesn't have a WR problem so it's understandable why he isn't playing much. Blair White is a great story, and so is Martin. If you haven't read about Martin you should look it up.

Looking in hindsight, maybe Nichol should have never transfered with Bradford getting hurt. You could actually look even farther back. If Nichol never decommits from MSU when Dantonio took over Couisins would be at another school because MSU would have had Nichol along with Foles (who is now gone obviously).

Brandon Graham is a senior. Can't argue about how RR views his defense. I think it's obvious he cares about it, or else he would have not made changes already, but I think he's pretty hands off about it. Don't know if thats the way to go, but we will find out sometime in the future. It will be a while because that D is awful, and I really believe a lot of the problems have nothing to do with coaching (besides the defensive backs). Robinson uses hybrid players, and we had none when he came. Plus there is zero depth. There are 4 walk ons who are 2 deep.

MSU also has Fred Smith who could step up. He was all world in HS, but I heard last season he showed up out of shape but that could have all changed over the year. I haven't heard anything about him this season, but MSU doesn't have a WR problem so it's understandable why he isn't playing much. Blair White is a great story, and so is Martin. If you haven't read about Martin you should look it up.

Looking in hindsight, maybe Nichol should have never transfered with Bradford getting hurt. You could actually look even farther back. If Nichol never decommits from MSU when Dantonio took over Couisins would be at another school because MSU would have had Nichol along with Foles (who is now gone obviously).

Martin is a great story and thats why i would love for him to step up and take the slot wr position next year. When he touches the ball, he makes plays..simple as that.

Fred Smith has been a disappointment but he will get his chance to see action next year.

Cousins was never supposed to be this good. IMO, I think Nichol was "promised" the starting job for this year and what ended up happening is that Cousins played well and won respect from his team (why he was named captain) that Dantonio had no choice but to start Cousins. He tried to split time as much as he could too.

Why do I love college football?

Why do I put myself through this?

Who the hell is Mikel LeShoure?

Where is the Tate Focier I once knew?

Where is Forcier's Swagger?

Where is Denard Robinson?

Were 2 walkons really starting on defense?

Do we even have a defense?

Why did Juice Williams look like Troy Smith?

Did we really just lose to Ron Zook?

Where is my gun?

Why do I love college football?

Why do I put myself through this?

Who the hell is Mikel LeShoure?

Where is the Tate Focier I once knew?

Where is Forcier's Swagger?

Where is Denard Robinson?

Were 2 walkons really starting on defense?

Do we even have a defense?

Why did Juice Williams look like Troy Smith?

Did we really just lose to Ron Zook?

Where is my gun?

Will Michigan make a bowl game this year? Right now the answer is NO.

Will Michigan make a bowl game this year? Right now the answer is NO.

Are there still three games left in the season? Right now the answer is YES. :rolleyes:

The game turned in a bad way on that goal line stand for Illinois. If Roundtree had any hustle at all to get across that goal line it would've been a non-issue, but oh well. The fact that the Illini's putrid offense suddenly came alive during this game is no coincidence -- the Wolverine's probably have the worst defense in the Big Ten.

Are there still three games left in the season? Right now the answer is YES. :rolleyes:

The game turned in a bad way on that goal line stand for Illinois. If Roundtree had any hustle at all to get across that goal line it would've been a non-issue, but oh well. The fact that the Illini's putrid offense suddenly came alive during this game is no coincidence -- the Wolverine's probably have the worst defense in the Big Ten.

true but i dont see Michigan winning against Purdue, Wisconsin or Ohio State. Wolverines can still prove me wrong tho.

I want to put out an APB on MSU's running game. Where the hell has it gone? Struggling big time to punch it in last few games since Winston has gone down. Caper and Baker are pathetic and it showed last night. MSU is not deserving of a bowl game right now either. The Big Ten is pathetic this year.

I am still fuming from yesterday. I've had RR's back for a year and a half, and have been "All In" so to speak, and this is what I'm getting in return? Getting wasted by Illinois is UNACCEPTABLE!! This team is super young, this team lacks so much depth, this team is still installing new systems on both sides of the ball, and this team has 2 true freshmen QB's. I DON'T CARE!! All those are legit excuses, but I'm done with them period! None of those excuses can be used for yesterday's pathetic performance. Not a single one. Bottom line is this team isn't improving..it's actually going backwards, and thats on coaching.

Is RR going to end up as college football's Billy Gillipse? Wow, I pray not but I'm starting to get some big time concerns.

I am still fuming from yesterday. I've had RR's back for a year and a half, and have been "All In" so to speak, and this is what I'm getting in return? Getting wasted by Illinois is UNACCEPTABLE!! This team is super young, this team lacks so much depth, this team is still installing new systems on both sides of the ball, and this team has 2 true freshmen QB's. I DON'T CARE!! All those are legit excuses, but I'm done with them period! None of those excuses can be used for yesterday's pathetic performance. Not a single one. Bottom line is this team isn't improving..it's actually going backwards, and thats on coaching.

Is RR going to end up as college football's Billy Gillipse? Wow, I pray not but I'm starting to get some big time concerns.

does RR still have his job if this team doesnt get to a bowl game this year?

Yes of course, but next year they are getting a new AD so that may be interesting. If Bill Martin was around he would get 5 years minimum, but who knows with the new guy. He may want his own guy.

Thats how i feel too. I think he is guarnteed this year and next year but if strides arent made..i think he will get the boot in 2011.

also makes me wonder why the huge investigation going on now. Is the University secretly looking for something corrupt to get RR the ax?

Is the University secretly looking for something corrupt to get RR the ax?

Yes there are, and it's been that way forever. The "old guard" as they call them. A bunch of morons with too much power who should be banned from U-M. These people tried to force Bo into retirement early, tried to get Carr fired after the Tennessee bowl game, got Moeller fired, sabotaged Les Miles coming here, and now hate Rodriguez. Thats the short version. The way to make them go back and hide in their hole is to win. Thats how Bo/Carr got rid of them at least.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Yes there are, and it's been that way forever. The "old guard" as they call them. A bunch of morons with too much power who should be banned from U-M. These people tried to force Bo into retirement early, tried to get Carr fired after the Tennessee bowl game, got Moeller fired, sabotaged Les Miles coming here, and now hate Rodriguez. Thats the short version. The way to make them go back and hide in their hole is to win. Thats how Bo/Carr got rid of them at least.

Only one i disagree with is Moeller. His off-field antics got him the boot.

maybe its just me but i think Carr should be the new AD. He has so much respect through college sports.