• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 2 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

This hurts.

I'm trying to put it out of my mind, but the tought of losing to the Ducks in the playoffs again literally makes me sick. I still think we have this series but the Wings just made it a whole hell of a lot harder on themselves. There just wasn't enough jump or energy or charisma from them today. They are going to need to amp up their game in Anaheim or this thing could swing horribly out of control.

All my motivation to do anything the rest of the night is gone.

We all knew it was gonna be a bulls*** goal either way in the end. Emotionally is sucks of course, but rationally I see absolutely no reason not to stay optimistic about this series. This is hell of a team with lots and lots of experience to deal with setbacks like this one.

Edit: I meant setbacks, not drawbacks...

Edited by Wingman

If they weren't playing like a bunch of Joe Thorntons in the 2nd period, maybe things could have been different. But alas, to the west coast our Wings go, no longer with home ice advantage. Ozzie was good though, and hopefully Rafalski can get back in the lineup soon for these next bunch of games.

Well it was very disappointed. We dominated from the 3rd period to 3OT but this soft goal even up the series. It will be tough for us to respond back because now we have to travel to the WEST COAST, NOT AROUND DETROIT.

Even though it is hard to accept this defeat, it was still good to see Datsyuk looked to play his own game in three overtimes. The thing is, Hossa has to step up. Hehas been invisible these two games and it is unacceptable.

Ozzie was enough solid but the last one was C.R.A.P. Let's play better on road.

Did you watch the game? no one would have stopped that goal. Ozzie kept them in this game so go find a new scape goat.

wings dominated play from the third period on. they deserved this game. hiller was incredible (who the f*** is this guy). how do the ducks always happen upon ******* stellar playoff goalies?!?!?!?!?!?!

datsyuk needs to get his ******* thumb out of his ass. he's done nothing all playoffs. he needs to turn it around. we're talking the fourth leading scorer during the regular season!!! i don't care if he's hurt or not, he needs to rise above it. i'm just annoyed now when he touches the puck. hossa needs to ******* do something, too.

no doubt this is a deflating loss. it'll be hard to rebound from this one. on the upside, the wings carried the play for most of the game. we've just run into a goalie (again) that could easily steal a series. that, and we have no answer to getslaf.

Detroit was 6-0 in the playoffs, That's amazing.

This loss is actually in our favor.... Especially if you look at the fact that Ducks first and second line is going to wear out very quickly down the stretch.

Wings in 6.

Actually, our D are the ones getting worn down only playing 5 guys. You saw how the minutes that our defensemen played in this game, right?

If Rafalski doesn't return, Chelli needs to be given regular ice time. This is getting silly now.

I think Zetterberg/Cleary/Franzen started playing great in the 3rd and OT. I hope that carries over into the next game.

Datsyuk looked like he kinda got going in the 2nd OT. Hossa is still not what I hoped he'd be.

Ozzie was solid the entire game. The last goal.. eh, I don't think it was that bad. I felt a goal coming as soon as I saw Kronner stepping up and Hossa going on defense. Recipe for disaster right there.

Helm and Filppula were spectacular.

It's a shame we lost, but this series is far from over. If the Ducks has lost tonight, I somehow doubt they would have had the strenght to bounce back.

You can't go undefeated through an entire playoffs.. this is the toughest way to lose, especially at home, but I saw some good things from the team tonight. We can beat these Ducks at their Pond.

Guest MrSandMan

Detroit is the better team... even with injuries. They are running two lines that's going to wear out very quickly, especially now of this triple OT.

I was hoping for a long OT, because in games 4 and 5 (and 6 and 7, but we don't need them to beat the ducks) the Ducks top lines will be out of gas.

This is an advantage for Detroit... plus the Ducks SUCK at the pond. I expect a couple blowouts in Detroits favor at the pond.

Go Wings!

Shades of 07 all over again..............(sigh)

And why must the Wings be cursed in OT at home. I swear their win% in OT in the playoffs at home must be below 10%!

Finnish play-by-play said it was something like 18 wins out of 50 OT's before this one.

Don't know if he's got the right info though.

Take a deep breath. The sky isn't falling. If anyone thought we were sweeping the Ducks, they needed their head examined. It's only one game.

Wings are the better team, but this series will go at least 6 games.

Guest MrSandMan
Actually, our D are the ones getting worn down only playing 5 guys. You saw how the minutes that our defensemen played in this game, right?

If Rafalski doesn't return, Chelli needs to be given regular ice time. This is getting silly now.

Ralfi will bring fresh legs... he'll be back soon. So no worries.

Chelios high-stick cost us a goal... I say put in meech if Ralfi can't go in gm#3.

This is just another test in the long run to the cup. If this team cannot come back from 1 loss, albeit and extremely long and tiring loss, then it's unlikely they would be winning the cup anyway. I have faith that they will come back harder after this and win one, if not both games in Anaheim.

We CAN'T let the Ducks get the seires lead. I really think the team that wins the next game, wins the series.

I thought game 3's winner would take the series in 2007, but didn't the Wings win game 3 and then lose the next game when Pronger was suspended? I think that's what happened. Regardless, yeah, the Wings need to win the next game.

We CAN'T let the Ducks get the seires lead. I really think the team that wins the next game, wins the series.

if we lose this series it will be absolutely crushing. i hate no team more than the ducks, and they have our number in the playoffs. you knew the longer this went in ot the more likely the ducks would get lucky.

that said, the series is even. wings will need to come out swinging in game three (as opposed to today). if the ducks win game three i'll lose a lot of confidence.

Props to Osgood on a good game, too bad that the reason Det tied it was mostly our own eff ups and not skill on Det's part.

Same could be said on the game-winner... Your point?

Props to Osgood on a good game, too bad that the reason Det tied it was mostly our own eff ups and not skill on Det's part.

Props to Hiller for keeping the Ducks in the game, when obviously Detroit is the better team.

Did you watch the game? no one would have stopped that goal. Ozzie kept them in this game so go find a new scape goat.

I watched the game and I think Ozzie was solid. However, the last goal was soft. Well no good pressure from the defensive zone but he had to get that one.

Totally no skill on the pass from Cleary to Zetterberg to Franzen, and no skill with the reception, stickhandling, and shot.