• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Should the wings bring up Leino?

Rate this topic

I really think its time for Leino to be brought up to the Wings against the Ducks

Homer-Dats-Hossa

Mule-Z-Cleary

Leino-Flip-Hudler

Sammy-Draper-Helm

This would give the Wings the best bang for the buck for the wings, and give our third and fourth lines better ability to score. The reason I think he should be brought up is because Maltby and Kopecky both are pretty invisible on the 4th line, only Helm has done anything. Also though both are good at D this would be a Defensive upgrade for all lines.

So what do you think?

Edited by Shaman464

Bringing up Leino won't change the fact that the rest of the team is underperforming. Babcock and co. would only bring up Leino if a particular player in the lineup is performing considerably worse than expected. Again, Sunday's loss was the result of the Wings not being on their game--not any one player.

I will be pleased if we call up Leino but how is GR going in the playoff? I have no idea the status of the GR Griffins. Anyone update?

Down 2-0 to the Manitoba Moose with Game #3 tonight in GR.

I will be pleased if we call up Leino but how is GR going in the playoff? I have no idea the status of the GR Griffins. Anyone update?

Who cares? Id rather have the Wings win the Cup then the griffins win 1000 Calders

Bringing up Leino won't change the fact that the rest of the team is underperforming. Babcock and co. would only bring up Leino if a particular player in the lineup is performing considerably worse than expected. Again, Sunday's loss was the result of the Wings not being on their game--not any one player.

But, last year they subbed in Helm for Hayder and though the whole team was under performing, it did add some pep and jump into our 4th line, which can energize the rest of th team

But, last year they subbed in Helm for Hayder and though the whole team was under performing, it did add some pep and jump into our 4th line, which can energize the rest of th team

The fact is that no particular 4th line player played bad; I would say they played really well. You saw Maltby, Kopecky, and Helm went to the corner to purchase the puck and hit the Ducks hard. I have no complaint on them.

Two guys who are extremely underperforming now are Hossa and Datsyuk. According to your story, as Datsyuk and Hossa are extremely playing invisibly, we have to replace either of them by Leino? I think that will go on worse way. I will be happy if Leino is called up but I think Leino is pretty far from the role of 4th liner.

I will be still happy if he gets called up.

I was under the impression that with Leino's season performance he would be in the playoffs for sure.... Oh well I'm sure the coaching staff knows what they're doing. I'd like to see him in at somepoint though, and I definitely would like to see him stick around....

NHL playoffs > AHL playoffs

Leino is certainly NHL ready and we did not call him up yet. To be honest I do not get it. In one of those forthcoming games he can be the difference maker turning our 4th line into a real force. Helm is trying but it is too difficult when you are plaing with Kopecky and Maltby.

Wings have plenty of pop. Their big stars besides Franzen need to start producing.

Things like this make Game #3 all the more important.

I am all for it. I like Leino, and if he was called up he would be giving his all every shift. Our team needs energy and he would bring some with him.

I do not understand why Leino wasn't in the lineup for the entire year while Kopecky and Maltby were. I'm not Babcock's biggest fan and I think this one is another mistake on his part. He's very stubborn and is very slow to adjust to the reality.

Our 3rd and 4th lines should be our advantage over other teams and I can't think of a better "ace up the sleeve" than Leino on the 4th line.

I do not understand why Leino wasn't in the lineup for the entire year while Kopecky and Maltby were. I'm not Babcock's biggest fan and I think this one is another mistake on his part. He's very stubborn and is very slow to adjust to the reality.

Our 3rd and 4th lines should be our advantage over other teams and I can't think of a better "ace up the sleeve" than Leino on the 4th line.

I don't think Babs is in control of personnel moves - he has stated that if it was his decision than Ericcson would have been up last year. The coach is responsible for the players on the roster - it sounds like he doesn't have much say other than partial input.

I don't think Babs is in control of personnel moves - he has stated that if it was his decision than Ericcson would have been up last year. The coach is responsible for the players on the roster - it sounds like he doesn't have much say other than partial input.

I heard Kenny stated that he would call anyone from GR if Babs says he wants anyone in the Griffins. I think if Babs really wants Leino, Kenny will make a move. Before calling Leino, we have to do something with Hossa and Datsyuk who are doing nothing offensively.

I think the wings are worried about his defensive responsibilities,,, though when your scoring goals you don't have to worry about playing D i suppose.... :lol:

Really though he is a floater in the defensive zone and is prone to coughing the puck up along the boards near the blue line which is death in the playoffs

With that being said,,,, BRING HIM UP KENNY, he's fun as hell to watch and is great at cycling and keeps his head up at all times

This is actually a more important point than everyone is thinking. Because, while the Griffins are still playing, we can only have 4 non-emergency call-ups.

I heard Kenny stated that he would call anyone from GR if Babs says he wants anyone in the Griffins. I think if Babs really wants Leino, Kenny will make a move. Before calling Leino, we have to do something with Hossa and Datsyuk who are doing nothing offensively.

I think you're right - now that you mention it I recall the " we don't want to call someone up if they aren't going to play" quote from Kenny. I don't understand the love for Kopecky either but I'm just an armchair G.M.

It's possible that Babcock's remarks about Ericcson were more about financial moves, necessary trades and waiver restrictions limiting the ability to call him up.