• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jjudson

Two Game Sevens on VS at the Same Time?

Rate this topic

Versus should put the Canes/Bruins game on for those in the Detroit and Anaheim markets since local affiliates will be covering Ducks/Wings. Makes sense to me.

Meanwhile, NBC sits doing nothing until the weekend games come. Who on earth signed that deal? Oh yeah, Team Inspector Gadget. It's too bad the US doesn't have a major television network that will show weekday playoff games like the CBC does in Canada.

exactly, its not that the NHL is doing this on purpose its just that they dont have multiple networks fighting for the rights to sho their games. All theyhave is VS. and NBC on the weekends in the US.

I am prepared for the worst, which is they dump the Wings game for the other game 7 on Versus. Online feeds at the ready, here!! :thumbup:

I don't know how they determine which feed should take precedence in which "market."

It won't surprise me if the geniuses at Versus decide that I would rather see Boston and North Carolina here in Texas, than Detroit -- hello!?!?! reigning Cup Champions!??!!! - and a bunch of thugs from California.

Edited by puckloo39

Meanwhile, NBC sits doing nothing until the weekend games come. Who on earth signed that deal? Oh yeah, Team Inspector Gadget. It's too bad the US doesn't have a major television network that will show weekday playoff games like the CBC does in Canada.

To be honest, I'd settle for one that doesn't pre-empt hockey for golf (see game 5 of our series).

Every weekend during the season (not just starting New Year's and not taking every third weekend off) and two every weekend during the playoffs would make me happy. Any takers?

Semi-related...I put ESPN2 on for the hell of it (I usually don't watch ESPN except for the games), and in the last 10 minutes they had Matthew Barnaby talking about the game 7s tonight (the Wings got more play than the other 3 teams in that segment), and they're interviewing Jordan Staal right now. WTF is going on here?

Well on the Schedule is says JIP so I'm guessing it will join in progress meaning when the Wings game is over. Just as if a game went to overtime and then they joined the late game after it had already started.

i too remember this. they kept saying that we wouldnt miss a minute of the wings game when Chi went into OT. luckliy i found the phantom channel and didnt miss anything. but its the point. VS doesnt have their s*** together. just as bas the idiots running ESPN.

hey directtv when can you get TSN!??

I get it on Fox Sports Detroit. I'd much rather have Ken and Mickey than those tools on Versus. For any of you who have FSD, you're in luck. Thank God for the Sports package on Direct TV.

Edited by Kira

So I'll get to watch the game on FSD. But what about the Boston game? Since I'm in Detroit and the Wings game will be blacked out on Versus, will they give us the entire Boston game? Seems stupid to me to black out the Wings game here and not even at least put the Boston game up...anyone know anything about that?