1913 replies to this topic

#1841 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (RedFX @ May 14, 2009 - 07:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would die a happy man if someone, somewhere, sometime just goes absolutely Bertuzzi on Pronger's ass. Seriously

Would you settle right now for the fact that he's GONE. He's yesterday's news. He's probably a drunk, whimpering, slobbering piece of s*** right now, wondering where he went wrong.

All I know is at the end of the game I did the big ol' forearm-slapping elbow finger to him and the Ducks as they skated off the ice.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1842 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

so i just got to change my facebook profile picture to this:

ahhhh...that feels good.

go wings.

#1843 58Miles2Joe

58Miles2Joe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

<--- never worried

ehem

Posted Image

I believe in the end its a simple, simple game; no different than my two youngest fightin in the living room; you draw a line in the sand, and you decide who wants the ball more. And that's what hockey's about. - Babblecock

#1844 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Stiffy @ May 14, 2009 - 07:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The risk is they keep this up or the risk is they lay off and the Ducks get away with murder. They established nothing but inconsistency in what to expect. If this game comes down to a bad call or non call, it just isn't right for either team, the players, the fans or the game. I wonder if they get to watch some TV during the break? They should. They can see just how bad of a job they did.

And that's the other piece of s*** about the reffing. The chance (they didn't, thank god) that the Wings would back off so they wouldn't get the bulls*** calls.

GOD, I HATE THE NHL AND ALL THEIR REFS!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1845 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

I like how many of the Red Wings players gave pronger as minimal of a handshake as possible; they had the body language of someone who just wanted to get it over with.

#1846 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Neidermayer - "Well, he kinda pushed Hiller's pad. I didn't know that was allowed."

Reporter - "You slugged Datsyuk in the face with a blatent elbow. I didn't know that was allowed either."

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1847 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Neidermayer - "Well, he kinda pushed Hiller's pad. I didn't know that was allowed."

Reporter - "Really? As I recall, that's all you guys did with Osgood."

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 14 May 2009 - 09:55 PM.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1848 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

Hmm babcock and the staff should really fix the lines, i don't know if having hossa on the 3rd line is good

also why was samuelsson on the 1st line i sure hope it was just for this game

Edited by mindfly, 14 May 2009 - 09:56 PM.

#1849 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (dat's sick @ May 14, 2009 - 07:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Atleast the guys in the TSN studio agree that the Hudler call was maybe the worst Goalie Interference call ever.
Doesn't help us, but it's good to know the entire hockey world isn't on the same drugs that the refs seem to be.

Even the Versus guys said that during the intermission, they heard some of the Wings' scouts and brass uh..."talking" about the call.

#1850 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (mindfly @ May 14, 2009 - 10:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm babcock and the staff should really fix the lines, i don't know if having hossa on the 3rd line is good

also why was samuelsson on the 1st line i sure hope it was just for this game

Get off our website you intolerable, insufferable douchebag.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 14 May 2009 - 09:59 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#1851 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ May 14, 2009 - 08:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's from a Ducks fan most of us respect. Take notes.

I agree. I made too general a statement about "Ducks' fans" when I said to ignore them. Duck Guy is indeed a class act.

#1852 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Xitium @ May 14, 2009 - 06:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He said that because FSW and Prime Ticket no longer had rights to broadcast in the Confernce and Cup finals.

It was just funny to hear his broadcasting partner in the background with the "tch! tch!! tchtchtch!!!!" as Brian paused......then resumed what he was saying in a "sick to my stomach" voice.

#1853 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (wingfan4ever @ May 14, 2009 - 08:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pray that justice and karma are served on a silver platter to the Ducks atthe end of the game.

AND YOU GOT YOUR WISH!! And so did thousands of other Wings' fans. I am a firm believer in karma, and I've posted about it more than once. It HAD to be in our favor. smile.gif

#1854 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

The Ducks, aside from their thuggery, played a good series. Good to hear Getzlaf was classy at the end.

#1855 David

David

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Again, Datsyuk didn't score a goal but he was absolutely key to this game. He was a force on that early 5-3: Took the puck into the offensive zone, got a shot on net, got taken to the ice, but came back to put pressure on in the defensive zone (if I remember, he took the puck away and got a clear). Also killed 15-20 seconds in the offensive zone on the 2nd 5-3. Marchant did a great job taking away his ability to make plays and get good shots away, but Pavel stayed determined and worked hard throughout the series.

#1856 Rocky 33

Rocky 33

THE WATCHER

• 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Go Canes!
You get what you give,and you take what you get

#1857 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (EuroTwin @ May 14, 2009 - 08:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God, Getzlaf is such a ******.

Just his face... ugh.

Somebody else said it here. Don't know if you were talking about his whining (which he did a lot of), but ALL the whining was on the Ducks' side. Another slice of karma in our favor. tongue.gif

#1858 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (mindfly @ May 15, 2009 - 03:56AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He split up the "big 3" so at least one of them wouldn't be on the ice against Niedermeyer/Pronger all the time and forced Carlyle to make a choice about who we would try and defend against.

We just beat our arch-rivals in a close-fought, epic series and you are still complaining?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#1859 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

It is times like watching this OT game that I am forever grateful that the Wings scored before it got to overtime.
Go Blue!!!

#1860 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Nev @ May 15, 2009 - 05:08AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He split up the "big 3" so at least one of them wouldn't be on the ice against Niedermeyer/Pronger all the time and forced Carlyle to make a choice about who we would try and defend against.

We just beat our arch-rivals in a close-fought, epic series and you are still complaining?

Not complaning just pointing out that datsyuk was still scoreless and i never seen them split the "big 3" before...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, anaheim ducks, stanley cup, playoffs, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users