• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitYZ19

Your Stanley Cup Final

Rate this topic

Not to jump ahead of ourselves and with all due respect to Chicago and Carolina...

I think we are looking at a rematch of last years Stanley Cup Final, ladies and gentlemen..

I would like to get some INTELLEGENT conversation going on this...what do you think?

My personal opinion is that I think it would be very similar to last year, with the same result. The Wings didnt lose anyone except Dallas Drake and Hasek...and gained Hossa and Conklin from the Pens. We are very dominant when it counts (knock on wood). I think the Wings would handle the pens once again, and i am a Wings fan who lives in Pittsburgh, FYI.

We're deeper, top to bottom, then the Pens. They seem to of got some soft goals especially in the washington series. If we stop crosby, I think we wouldnt have much of a problem, given that IMO, we're deeper top to bottom, more skilled, and the Western Conference is way above the Eastern Conference.

The Pens top 2 lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Guerin

Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora

Counter that with

Hossa-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Z-Franzen

I like that...and then our 3 and 4 is better than their 3 and 4 IMO.....but i would like to hear from Red Wings nation on this one....not to take anyone lightly, but I feel that Anaheim was our biggest fight....I feel good....7 to 12.....What do you think? LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!

Guest Shoreline
Not to jump ahead of ourselves

That's about where it ended for me. The rest of the post is doing just that.

It'd be kinda nice to see them against Pittsburg again, it was a interesting series last year. Plus it'd be great to see if Fleury would fall flat on his face again like he did comin out in game 1, that was hilarious.

I'm not looking past the hawks, they are the most complete team we've faced to this point.

But if the cup does come down to Pens/Wings. I'll be syked. A rematch from last year? who would of thought. Mostly because everyone was writing the pens off just before the trade deadline. The irony if we lost though, I'd be crying on the outside but laughing my ass off a Hossa for jumping ship to win a cup as he previous teams hoists it right infront of him.

I'm not looking past the hawks, they are the most complete team we've faced to this point.

But if the cup does come down to Pens/Wings. I'll be syked. A rematch from last year? who would of thought. Mostly because everyone was writing the pens off just before the trade deadline. The irony if we lost though, I'd be crying on the outside but laughing my ass off a Hossa for jumping ship to win a cup as he previous teams hoists it right infront of him.

Are you even a Wings fan? Why would you be laughing your ass off? That would be absolutely horrible if that happened. As a Red Wings fan, that would make a defeat even that much worse.

after watching the Canes/Penguins game tonight i have to say... please hockey gods let us play the Penguins!!!!! the canes are ******* awful!

Canes play a very boring defensive style. Similar to Anaheim, but IMO they are not nearly as good (or goonish).

The Pens like the fast paced open action game. We handled them last year, but they have a lot of youngsters. What worries me is the question of how much better did Malkin, Crosby, Staal, etc get???

Canes play a very boring defensive style. Similar to Anaheim, but IMO they are not nearly as good (or goonish).

The Pens like the fast paced open action game. We handled them last year, but they have a lot of youngsters. What worries me is the question of how much better did Malkin, Crosby, Staal, etc get???

Or how much hungrier will they be after getting so close and not winning?

Especially Malkin, who was out of gas by the end of the Philly series last year. I don't think he'll be the same this time around.