• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Ozzie still gets no respect

Rate this topic

He'd get respect if he was consistent, and didn't have the defense and offense he has in front of him. Ozzie hasn't stole us a game single handedly, He hasn't bailed us out.. He's always the one being bailed out.

:scared: You watching the same games I am. Ozzie has kept quite a few within reach for Detroit...like Game 7 of last round when he robbed Wisniewski when the game was close...

Or Game 1 versus Columbus when he single handidly kept the Wings in it until they showed up...

He has certainly bailed us out a few times...

Calling Fleury elite is laughable. He's had, what, 1 decent season? He struggled mightly this year in the regular season and the majority of the playoffs.

Fleury just isn't in the same class as Ward.

Agreed...he's still young obviously, but it's time for him to live up to the hype, and he's not really there. He's decent, but not a guy I'd put in my top 5 or maybe not even 10. I wouldn't take him over Osgood right now (maybe if I was investing in the future, but I'm talking here and now).

I like that most people disrespect Ozzie, because like others have said, the chip on his shoulder seems to drive him. As soon as Pierre asked him about the doubters after the game yesterday, I was like "uh oh, it's ON now." Gut feeling: he'll be awesome tomorrow. The people who know what they're talking about know how important he is to us.

All I know is that I have been watching the Wings since 1991 when I was 4 years old. Of all the goalies that have played here, I have never heard anyone cheer for them the way the Joe cheers for Ozzie. He is the Golden Boy of Detroit.

There is a reason for that.

Go Ozzie I love you man.

...and somewhere, Tim Cheveldae heard the chants and threw his TV out the window. :D

Guest Shoreline
I like that most people disrespect Ozzie, because like others have said, the chip on his shoulder seems to drive him. As soon as Pierre asked him about the doubters after the game yesterday, I was like "uh oh, it's ON now." Gut feeling: he'll be awesome tomorrow. The people who know what they're talking about know how important he is to us.

Last sentence aside, the rest of this part right here assumes Ozzie is an idiot and is ill-prepared for a game unless someone tells him he's going to suck or disrespect him, as you put it. While being doubted and the underdog can be motivation, he's been in the league long enough to know how to motivate himself. Extra incentive if there's a capable backup in Conklin.

Last sentence aside, the rest of this part right here assumes Ozzie is an idiot and is ill-prepared for a game unless someone tells him he's going to suck or disrespect him, as you put it. While being doubted and the underdog can be motivation, he's been in the league long enough to know how to motivate himself. Extra incentive if there's a capable backup in Conklin.

Point taken...obviously, you can't play in the NHL (or do anything at the highest level) if you don't know how to self-motivate.

ozzy gives our team a chance to win every game. thats all you ask from ur goaltender. ozzy does just that. our team/play/style doesnt rely on an "AMAZING" goalie to win games due to the lack of a supporting team. why cant people see that. we keep the shots on him low, he makes his saves when needed. he makes the timely saves, keeps us in the game and thats it. doesnt need to be flashy either. for "DETROIT RED WING" hockey he fits in just fine.

im sure if we went out and got us a "hiller" goalie he would struggle. he use to facing 40-50 shots, non stop action. where ozzy gets 20-30(if were playn bad) he makes his 1-2 saves and pucks off down the other end of the ice for 2-3mins. Ozzy isnt the "ideal" NHL goalie but for the wings hockey, hes the key puzzle peice

just my .02

Osgood won't get the respect he deserves until the year he is eligible for the HHOF the same year as another more highly touted, much less accomplished goaltender. Then everyone will hopefully be like "s***... what were we thinking... can't possibly vote in (other goaltender) without Chris Osgood."

I didn't get that Ozzie is an idiot from that guys post at all. I don't think he's that far off base in assuming that the doubters give Osgood a little extra fuel. I, personally, would bet money on it.

Edited by Broken 16

He'd get respect if he was consistent, and didn't have the defense and offense he has in front of him. Ozzie hasn't stole us a game single handedly, He hasn't bailed us out.. He's always the one being bailed out.

Are you ******* nuts?!

Rewatch game seven from the last round, you need only catch the first period again to see a game changing save. Ozzie lets that in and I don't like our chances.

Ozzie doesn't have the stellar personal numbers he did last post season but he has given us a chance to win every game so far, by making the big saves and keeping us in it when we haven't been playing well. Ozzie IMHO should have won the Conn Smyth last season and he's making a pretty good case this one too.

Have you even watched the playoffs this year? Ozzie is the only reason we didn't get beat by Anaheim, to be honest. If he had played even slightly shabby we would have lost a lot of those one goal games.

Have you even watched the playoffs this year? Ozzie is the only reason we didn't get beat by Anaheim, to be honest. If he had played even slightly shabby we would have lost a lot of those one goal games.

I kinda noticed during the season, when Ozzie was winning games, he was keeping us in those games IF they got close. If we had a lead by a goal or two, he collapsed. Now with the pressure really on, he shows up and nobody here should be upset with a 2.06 GAA and .922 sv%

Who cares?

1. That means I am not one of a million Osgood fans

2. Three stanley cup rings

3. He is helping us to a potential third cup as a starter

He wins when it matters. That's what counts.

Fixed for you.

Guest Shoreline
LOL the reason they only mention those two goalies is because that was part of the Pitts and Carolina segment on TSN.

God everybody is so butt hurt on here.

+1

Many people also discount the pressure of playing for a Team who's appearance in the Post Season has become all but a lock over the past decade and a half.

And for which anything LESS than the Conference Finals, EVERY YEAR, is an EPIC FAILURE.

And epic failure for which the GOALTENDING is held mostly responsible.

No matter WHAT the actual case may be.

What?

I'm not saying i dont LOVE ozzie, Because i'd rather have no goalie in the league other than him right now.

BUT.

You dont see him standing on his head, and taking over a game like you do with other goalies. I still have a mad amount of respect for Ozzie, But he just isn't the best goalie in the league. If you plugged in a guy like Cam Ward for the ducks series, I'd bet that series wouldn't have went more then 5 games.

What?

I'm not saying i dont LOVE ozzie, Because i'd rather have no goalie in the league other than him right now.

BUT.

You dont see him standing on his head, and taking over a game like you do with other goalies. I still have a mad amount of respect for Ozzie, But he just isn't the best goalie in the league. If you plugged in a guy like Cam Ward for the ducks series, I'd bet that series wouldn't have went more then 5 games.

If I was drunk I would just blame these post on blurry vision, there is no other explanation. What does Ozzy have to do to gain respect?

Maybe he should play like Loungo, who has won ZERO Stanley Cups and by not winning has not "stole" any games for his team.

Maybe he should be like Nabakov who is one of the biggest playoff choke artist in the game.

Maybe he should be like Giggy who sat and watched the Playoff's this season. Maybe Hiller who seems to have played alot like Ellis last year... Let's at least give him 2 seasons before he is better then Oz.

Maybe he should play like Brody, hmmm 1st round exit?

Sure maybe Fluery or Ward are better.... Although Oz stood up to Fluery and won the cup last year and Ward who seems to be equally as penetrable.

Maybe you take away his "game stealing" save against Wasniewski in Game 7 and we could very well have lost. Giving that game 7's are won 70% of the time to the first scoring team.

Maybe you have been silly drunk since the playoff's began, but hell I have been too and I know how valuable Oz has been, how "consistent" he has been, how many HUGE saves he has made. The only people that rival Ozzy's importance is Franzen and Cleary.

As far as consistency goes there is no such thing as a "consistent goalie", unless consistency is defined as playoff success, 3 Cups, 2 responsible for, and WCF berth 2 years in a row.

edit: spelling and grammer

Edited by IceMunkee

granted ozzie may have yet to steal a game by some people's standards but he sure has stolen periods many times so far this postseason and yea the guys up from have bailed him out but hes bailed them out as well it goes both ways in the end

If I was drunk I would just blame these post on blurry vision, there is no other explanation. What does Ozzy have to do to gain respect?

Maybe he should play like Loungo, who has won ZERO Stanley Cups and by not winning has not "stole" any games for his team.

Maybe he should be like Nabakov who is one of the biggest playoff choke artist in the game.

Maybe he should be like Giggy who sat and watched the Playoff's this season. Maybe Hiller who seems to have played alot like Ellis last year... Let's at least give him 2 seasons before he is better then Oz.

Maybe he should play like Brody, hmmm 1st round exit?

Sure maybe Fluery or Ward are better.... Although Oz stood up to Fluery and won the cup last year and Ward who seems to be equally as penetrable.

Maybe you take away his "game stealing" save against Wasniewski in Game 7 and we could very well have lost. Giving that game 7's are won 70% of the time to the first scoring team.

Maybe you have been silly drunk since the playoff's began, but hell I have been too and I know how valuable Oz has been, how "consistent" he has been, how many HUGE saves he has made. The only people that rival Ozzy's importance is Franzen and Cleary.

As far as consistency goes there is no such thing as a "consistent goalie", unless consistency is defined as playoff success, 3 Cups, 2 responsible for, and WCF berth 2 years in a row.

edit: spelling and grammer

beautifuly put!! in ur face facts!! OZZY is the mother f***n man! i stand behind him and so should u all! great post! haters need to stfu!

People are going to think what they want and say idiotic things like "oh Osgood can't win games by himself". What?! Seriously... who can? Hockey is a team sport is it not? Ozzie has stolen games before in his career both with the Red Wings and for the other teams he's played for. He doesn't do it routinely, but he's a quality goaltender. He's not consistent? In what world? He consistently logs winning season after winning season. He's plenty consistent. so whatev.. Ozzie gets no respect from idiots.. who cares? His name is on the Stanley Cup multiple times and he's going to be in the Hockey Hall of Fame. Eat s*** Ozzie haters... He's a winner... and you're not. :P