• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mmorland

The Most Ridiculous Osgood Rumor Ever....

Rate this topic

I had heard through the grape vine that supposedly the reason that Osgood was given 10 days off during the season was for an alcohol abuse problem which he has been battling for years. Personally, I think it's a load of S**T because let's face it, if word got out over the years of D-Mac and Probert's off the ice issues, don't you think Osgood's would have leaked out too?

I'm going with a drunken story that started in someone's basement.

Your thoughts?

Edited by mmorland

Yeah, that's pretty crazy retarded.

It's tough for a professional hockey player to sneak an achohol problem past his teammates, and I really don't see it being possible for something like that to fly under the radar. I mean we all knew McCarty was all about the party, but Ozzy? He looks like a member of a teen pop band :lol:

You don't get ten days off for playing poorly... There is obviously something behind such a great turn around and chances are it'll never be revealed.

On a side note, the most ridiculous Osgood rumor was Atlanta's 2001 First overall pick(Kovalchuk) for Osgood back before he was waived for Hasek.

We can only dream :(

I just think if this was a preexisting problem, we would have heard about it before.

I mean, we've all heard stories from friends who "claim" they've heard these guys either do drugs or drink and lets face it, you can't get better with age (like osgood) when you do stuff like that (unlike mccarty).

My opinion counts for not, but it consists of this:

Ozzy as a boozer to the point where it becomes a problem is a retarded rumor started by a retard on his lunch break from being a complete retard on St. Retards day.

EDIT: no intention to offend

Edited by b.shanafan14

Sigh two days off between PO games brings in stuff like this. <_<

Who is the "grapvine"? Deepthroat or your younger sister? We need a better source than that.

A few posters were correct that if he was abusing his liver all season, 10 days off would NOT get him to the level he's playing at now. The Red Wings have more class than that - If Oz really had AA problems, they would send him for help and not let him come back for awhile....

I thought I remember hearing he had some issues similar to this in the past for one of the reasons Scotty had issues with him.

This goes back like 10-12 years.

No clue but seems like 10 days off would be a clear your head and hit the beach kinda break.

This rumor makes absolutely no sense on any level. I speak from experience when I say that the least amount of time an alcoholic would spend in recovery is 30 days. Sixty is better.

There is NO way ten days would do anything to help an alcoholic, and honestly? I think this is a vicious, sickening rumor with no basis in fact and I'm pissed that it even showed up here.

Guest Shoreline

I personally think Ozzie is smart enough to be an ale kind of guy. I'd probably hang myself if I found out he was knocking back mojitos or something.

Sigh two days off between PO games brings in stuff like this. <_<

Who is the "grapvine"? Deepthroat or your younger sister? We need a better source than that.

A few posters were correct that if he was abusing his liver all season, 10 days off would NOT get him to the level he's playing at now. The Red Wings have more class than that - If Oz really had AA problems, they would send him for help and not let him come back for awhile....

First, I said this was a rumor through the grape vine. I didn't say there was any factual validity to it and personally said that I think it's b.s. This is a message board for a reason...

Edited by mmorland

One of my dad's employees recently kicked the bottle in two days!

I'm a bit of a burgeoning alcoholic myself, so I like to believe anything is possible in terms of quitting. Ya know, for my own personal health and such.

Edited by David

I personally think Ozzie is smart enough to be an ale kind of guy. I'd probably hang myself if I found out he was knocking back mojitos or something.

If you send me your address I'll mail you some nice, strong rope.

Because I'm pretty sure Ozzy looks like a cocktail kind of guy. :P

Guest Shoreline
I like to believe anything is possible in terms of quitting.

I'll drink to that. :beerbuddy: