• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firehawk

Datsyuk listed as "day to day"

Rate this topic

Downey for Dats. Great swap. :looney:

I'm sorry, but what on earth could Downey bring to the table against the Blackhawks that would be of any use?

He could kick Ben Eager's ass and hopefully injure him so that he won't run our players anymore.

He could kick Ben Eager's ass and hopefully injure him so that he won't run our players anymore.

I know I can always brighten your day by adding Downey to a thread where he doesn't belong - any thread involving the NHL playoffs. :hehe:

I don't really want Downey in. Leino's a fine choice although I would have also been pleased to see Helm moved up if Datsyuk is a no-go.

GMR doesn't make jokes.

Eager is getting too much freedom running our guys around. Even Anaheim didn't have anyone who was this bullish with us.

Yet no Red Wing has been knocked out of the lineup due to what you consider "too much freedom running our guys around". I understand that you want this "physical presence" somewhere in the Wings lineup at all times, but let's be straight with each other here.

Downey is the very definition of having cement in his skates, and you think it would be a good idea inserting him into the lineup during the Wings' first game on the road against one of the quickest skating teams in the league?

Yet no Red Wing has been knocked out of the lineup due to what you consider "too much freedom running our guys around". I understand that you want this "physical presence" somewhere in the Wings lineup at all times, but let's be straight with each other here.

Downey is the very definition of having cement in his skates, and you think it would be a good idea inserting him into the lineup during the Wings' first game on the road against one of the quickest skating teams in the league?

Does he have to injure one of our guys before anyone does anything about it?

Does he have to injure one of our guys before anyone does anything about it?

That's great hypothetical reasoning for bringing in a guy that skates terribly compared to most NHL calibre teams, much less one of the quickest in the game.

That's great reasoning for bringing in a guy that skates terribly compared to most NHL calibre teams, much less one of the quickest in the game.

I seriously doubt that one slow 4th liner could potentially lose the entire series for us. He brings great energy and hitting to offset all that. So far our hitting isn't as good in this series as the Anaheim one. Besides, there's enough speed on our 4th line already to be faster than their 4th line.

Also, I'm just tired of seeing Eager doing whatever he wants out there. Since no one else is willing to challenge him, I want Downey to do it. If this keeps up, Eager may just behead one of our players with a bodycheck. He's a loose cannon out there. Burish is the same way.

Excuse me for wanting to see some Blackhawks players getting beat up, and realizing that we can win the game and a few fights at the same time. Having one guy who fights back won't cost us the series.

I really have no idea if GMR actually believes the nonsense he posts.

What nonsense?

If Datsyuk doesn't play, someone has to fill a roster spot.

Has Maltby really been that great in the playoffs that he's give us something we don't already have? At least Downey can do that much. Hell, Maltby doesn't even hit anymore. I've always liked the guy, but it's hard to excuse his play.

And no I don't want to see a skilled player like Leino on the 4th line. He's too talented to be playing with Draper and Abdelkalder. They're not scorers.

I seriously doubt that one slow 4th liner could potentially lose the entire series for us.

Well, that's enough reasoning for me! Bring him on up! :nonono:

He brings great energy and hitting to offset all that. So far our hitting isn't as good in this series as the Anaheim one. Besides, there's enough speed on our 4th line already to be faster than their 4th line.

He's not replacing someone from the fourth line. You're talking about inserting him because Dats might be out....meaning every single Red Wing will move up a slot, and the Wings as a whole will be more defensively inferior due to the domino effect.

Also, I'm just tired of seeing Eager doing whatever he wants out there. Since no one else is willing to challenge him, I want Downey to do it. If this keeps up, Eager may just behead one of our players with a bodycheck. He's a loose cannon out there. Burish is the same way.

Excuse me for wanting to see some Blackhawks players getting beat up, and realizing that we can win the game and a few fights at the same time. Having one guy who fights back won't cost us the series.

This has nothing to do with wanting to see some fights. GMR...lets lay it all out there right now. You want your cake and you want to eat it too. All I give a s*** about is my cake. I don't need to eat it too.

What you're pushing for is to see the Wings insert a fighter, win the game, and then see Downey beat up a guy. Correct?

Now what happens if the Wings don't win? Are you still going to be happy because Downey beat Eager (or anyone else for that matter) up? For f*ck's sake, the Wings are 6 wins away from a back-to-back championship and 5 in 12 years, but its still not enough. No, some of our fans need their fights too.

Well, that's enough reasoning for me! Bring him on up! :nonono:

He's not replacing someone from the fourth line. You're talking about inserting him because Dats might be out....meaning every single Red Wing will move up a slot, and the Wings as a whole will be more defensively inferior due to the domino effect.

This has nothing to do with wanting to see some fights. GMR...lets lay it all out there right now. You want your cake and you want to eat it too. All I give a s*** about is my cake. I don't need to eat it too.

What you're pushing for is to see the Wings insert a fighter, win the game, and then see Downey beat up a guy. Correct?

Now what happens if the Wings don't win? Are you still going to be happy because Downey beat Eager (or anyone else for that matter) up? For f*ck's sake, the Wings are 6 wins away from a back-to-back championship and 5 in 12 years, but its still not enough. No, some of our fans need their fights too.

So I'm a spoiled Wings fan who believes that we can fight and win at the same time.

Big deal.

BTW, your sentence about cakes made no sense.

So I'm a spoiled Wings fan who believes that we can fight and win at the same time.

Big deal.

Thank you.

Big deal.

It certainly does. Have you never heard the phrase, "Having your cake, and eating it too?"

Somehow I have a feeling that if he can at all get his foot in a skate and move, he'll want to play. He's a very determined person, and when he wants something bad enough, he'll do anything he has to for it.

Why would you want a cake if not to eat it.

I'm assembling a committee of the finest minds the Internet has ever known to get to the root of this philosophical conundrum as we speak. We'll need a conference room, comfy chairs, and a virtually endless supply of pizza rolls, but we'll get to the bottom of this.

It would suck for him to miss a game even though he hasnt done much in the playoffs. He might not have scored a bunch but his presence scares the hell out of defenses so they load up on him. I think his absense from a game is going to hurt but I have to say that the Wings will survive seeing how dats hasn't produced much.

I am a little scared about the 3rd line with Maltby and Lleno in it. That could be scarey but I think Babs knows what he is doing.

Wrong. Dats out hurts because he has been playing fantastic on the defensive side of the puck. No forward has been better.