• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wmubronco420

Stanley Cup Finals Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

100% Lidstrom and at least 50% Datsyuk........Wings in 5

Less than 100% Lids and No Datsyuk......Wings in 6

No Lids, Datsyuk.......Wings in 7

I'm just not as worried about it this year for some strange reason. I have no real reason to feel that way as the Penguins look pretty good this year, I just like our chances in mostly shutting down either Crosby or Malkin which will sink the Pens right quick.

I'd put my money on Wings in 6

You underestimate Lids, we would be toast without him.

Dats is huge for us in this series. He will be responsible for shutting down Malkin/Crosby. He is a big loss defensively for us. And that is the key to winning the series, shutting those 2 down.

Not to mention his skills on the PP.

I very much think that a healthy Dats is the difference in this series. Please prove me wrong, because I dont see Dats playing game 1 or 2, and that is being optimistic.

The Pens need to capitalize on rebound chances. Osgood is positionaly sound for the first shot nearly 100% of the time. The Pens have to force rebounds and capitalize on them. You know the Wings are going to do the same to Fleury. I noticed the other night he gave up a goal on Patrick Kane's backhand that went high. I'm not sure if that was a fluke goal but it didn't look like Osgood was very strong on high shots. He fights the puck a lot up in his shoulders and gives up a lot of rebounds off his chest.

What line will be the focus of their top (?) defensive pair and then second...

The depth of our scoring will be the difference. if they don't focus their best on the likes of Hoss, Dats, Zetts and Holms to counter our "roll player" threats like Cleary, Sams, Franzen, Fulps then the series is going to be alot tougher than they think. In the playoffs Cindy and Eve have been responsable for 33% of the teams points. Shut them down and they lose 1/3 of thier offence. We only have 1 player (sorry Malts) with a negative +/- rating, they have 8 with negative numbers.

I can't believe so many people are buying into this myth (and that's exactly what it is) that this Pens team is deeper and better overall than last year's incarnation.

Last. year's. Pens. team. was. much. better.

This.

The only thing better about this year's Pens team is Malkin.

Everything else is worse except the coaching. The goaltending is way worse.

This.

The only thing better about this year's Pens team is Malkin.

Everything else is worse except the coaching. The goaltending is way worse.

I'm thinking their similar. Malkin is performing. Now, maybe we can shut him down again, but if not, they're at least as good as last year with Hossa. Plus, they have the experience we all said they lacked last year that would make it hard for them to bea tthe Wings.

Now, they are seriously dangerous, but the Wings have been rolling and dominating, even against opposing momentum, ridiculously bad reffing. Against all odds the Wings keep persevering. I don't expect this to change.

Here is my question. What exactly makes the Pens sooo much better this year than last year? Yes, Malkin is scoring more, awesome. But last year the Pens breezed through the playoffs and made it to the finals with only 2 total losses. This year they came close to being eliminated by the Caps and had a tough series with Philly. So far, they have 5 losses which is over twice as many. I'm not saying the Pens are a bad team because they aren't. But what makes them better this year than last year when last year they hardly ever lost? Just because they swept the Canes? Big deal.