• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 1 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Pens are showing me something...they're definitely showing their experience from last year. Unfortunately, because they're inferior to the Wings, it's not 'putting them ahead' so to speak. At least, not yet. Wings are doing a good job of keeping the big boys away from the puck.

That being said, wings were outplayed in the 2nd, got the lead anyways, that's gotta be a great thing going into the 3rd. Wings better pick it up.

Guest DetroitBoy313

Yeah the Pens really brought it in the 2nd period,Wings looked so out of sync.I think we're missing a little bit of Datsyuk!

alright boys, were up! lets captal on this!! 20mins left

shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, the puck! stop tryn to thread the neddle on passes, shoot the puck

ozzy keep it up, keep goin

Now that we're on intermission, just a comment about Pittsburgh's first goal:

Although Ozzie would like to have that rebound back, that was NOT his fault. When the NHL's leading scoring gets to tee up on you from the circle, you worry about THAT guy and nothing else.

I really hate when they refer to a player as "a product of _______ College/University". It makes them sound like a tampon or something.

Well in Crosby's case.........

I have been blown away with how hard Hossa has been playing.

Oh. NBC is going to talk about "Pittsburgh's other superstar, Evgeni Malkin." What a shocker.

Alllll they talked about was the Penguins, Crosby and Malkin. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

OK, it's now going into the third and I say we burn 'em. Every which frickin' way we can.

I really think some of you need to cool it with the "the refs/league favors the Pens" claptrap. There's quite a bit of calls not going Pittsburgh's way either. The reffing is inconsistent for everyone, not just us.

Don't start making excuses for why we're not executing our game plan properly.

Hell, no, you want to know you lost to the best, not the second best.

Not always true. After we lost to the Oilers in '06, I told my boyfriend 'I hope they make it all the way to game 7 of the SCF and LOSE HORRIBLY' And they kind of did.

So don't piss me off. :sly:

I really think some of you need to cool it with the "the refs/league favors the Pens" claptrap. There's quite a bit of calls not going Pittsburgh's way either. The reffing is inconsistent for everyone, not just us.

Don't start making excuses for why we're not executing our game plan properly.

The Wings aren't getting their gameplan in because of PIttsburgh, but the Refs REALLY suck and that late hit on Homer would have been a penalty if he was on the Penguins.

Well in Crosby's case.........

I have been blown away with how hard Hossa has been playing.

I've been blown away by the fact that referees seem to have not noticed this and just figured that he liked falling down a lot for some reason..

That 2nd period kind of typifies why the Wings are so frustrating. They play downright brutal hockey and somehow manage to come out on top. It just doesn't make any sense. There's just some sort of tenacity that players like Franzen possess that make this team so special.

That being said, the Wings probably won't be able to play that poorly in the 3rd and expect to win.

ENOUGH. I am OVER this team fairy-flitting all over the place. You're the damn Red Wings. Play like it.l

I so agree with you! WHAT THE HELL was that?!??! Come on Wings.....get your skates moving and put the puck in the damn net.....!!!! Move it boys........!

GO WINGS!