• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 1 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

lol, the ironic thing is people whining about Crosby's whining. He hasn't whined in 2 or 3 years, but wings fans are certainly whiners. Someone else posted that the hockey gods were on the wings side tonight, and they were damned right. Tell the Zamboni driver to add a little more padding to those boards. I hope you wing fans realize that you are playing a much better team than last year, the wings will need bounces like they got tonight to win this time. Congrats on game one, game 2 is in 20 hours.

You may be right about your team being better, but they need to prove it on the scoreboard. And I'm pretty sure if you asked the Wings how they want to get their goals, they'd tell you any way they can get 'em that's legal. Thanks for the congrats.

No articles there, just simple video evidence. I also forgot that he was complaining about Ovie's stick after game 2.

Told you. I swear, I hate those fans who only listen to what they want to hear. There's no point in interacting with them.

So do these people really think that the JLA boards had magical properties tonight that they haven't had all season? I mean, honestly...

Offcourse they have to complain about something. It wasn't that the Wings played better and deserved the win...it was that the boards made the puck take funny bounces or that the reffs didn't call certain penalties...or that the ice was bad...or cuz or cuz or cuz.

Why can't they just man up and say...hey we lost fair and scare the wings where better then us tonite. But that is expecting to much I guess.

All that matters is that we won and we don't care what the media or anyone else has to say about it.

Loo, where did you find those pics so fast????

yahoo sports. There are some really beautiful ones in there, high quality. If you don't mind Crosby's nasty little face in almost every one of them. That's what cropping is for, eh?

Told you. I swear, I hate those fans who only listen to what they want to hear. There's no point in interacting with them.

You're right.......that message just set me off. Saying Crosby doesn't whine is like saying the Axis won WWII.....or that Bettman is a good commissioner.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Holy s*** what a hard-fought win. I can't believe the Wings managed to win that 2nd period 1-0.

We got a lot of good bounces tonight, but with some of the non-calls on the Pens, I think it evened out.

Helm, Abdelkader, Maltby, Ozzie.. what studs. I love this team.

Tomorrow is going to be even harder. But I'll be okay with a split. This schedule and the injuries made me fear going down 2-0 after the first two games.

This game the team showed some real strenght I thought. The Pens gave it their all, but we managed to shut down Crosby and keep Malkin to 1 point.

If we can keep those two players in check like this for 3 more games, this series is won.

And when Dats comes back (I heard maybe by the 3rd game) that's going to help all the way around. Even if he isn't efficient offensively, he will be huge on defense.

LOL. :lol:

Ms_Hockey: Well, Darren, it's all in the name of winning. I find it's easier to awe the opposition when I disguise my responses. I force them to talk facts and logic and watch them spiral downwards from there. In the end, I win without ruining my angelic reputation and my team goes on to lift another Stanley Cup.

Darren: Spoken like a true leader. What went on in your mind when Crosby took a couple headshots at Zetterberg? Mike Babcock says that just Sid being competitive. I disagree. Also, what'd you think of the shenanigans involving Crosby and Maltby at the end?

I want to win and if your bladder is the key to success......well.......drink a pot of coffee before the game.

I'll down a pitcher of Crystal Light green tea. That'll do the trick. Anything for my boys!!!

Does anyone else find it insane that there's over 130 guests reading this thread right now?

Dear Pittsburgh fans: Join or go away.

I guess they're looking for ammo to take back to their board.

"Oh looky what ____________ said about Crosby!!!!11!!1oneoneone!!!1"

I say just go away.

:P

Ah, but you see, this way gives me room to say that they're all afraid of our superior hockey knowledge because they didn't join when we challenged them to.

You see?! I got game.

That's not even remotely true, he said himself he doesn't know the rule about the puck being on a player and covering it and he said he's never seen something like that, don't cut him down just to cut him down, you're better than that.

And at least he was honest about his two-hander on Maltby and would you really be shocked at Maltby, who played a hell of a game and just won the game, to talk sh*t to Sid?

Agreed. Sid's presser was fine. And Maltby is a miserable little cockroach. But he's OUR miserable little cockroach. The Pens have Cooke, so it's a wash :)

The real story here is what a great game Maltby had. He was ferocious in the late minutes of the 3rd period and his style was perfectly suited to the "let 'em play" style the refs were permitting. He was hitting and finishing every check, knocking guys down, etc. The fact his agitation act is getting to Sid is a bonus. That's what he's made a career out of but he's been much less effective at it the past few years.

That's not even remotely true, he said himself he doesn't know the rule about the puck being on a player and covering it and he said he's never seen something like that, don't cut him down just to cut him down, you're better than that.

I guess what I didn't like was that he sounded so certain that Zata had closed his hand on the puck, but when I watched the replay of it, it would have been impossible for that to have happened (Zata had his chest over Ozzie's back, didn't look like his arms were anywhere near the puck). Now, there IS a question of legality with that, considering the puck wasn't on the ice, but I didn't like him trying to accuse Zata of closing his hand on the puck which just didn't seem possible. But I'm just splitting hairs there, trying to find something to ***** about. You're right, I should be better than that. :P

I'll give Crosby this - he spoke more honestly in this press conference and didn't seem to make excuses. Still came across as a bit whiny (and come on, you don't swing your stick at someone because they were yapping at you and act proud of it), but he's improving.

I still just don't like him or his baby-stache. :P