• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Donaldjr2448

Nickname for Helm!

Rate this topic

I've been calling him 'Super Bambi.' That because when we saw him in the earlier rounds he was always going so fast that he would end up on all fours by the end of the play, and now whenever we see him he's out to get somebody like they just killed his mom.

That's a good one. What about WTC? He's like a plane crashing into a skyscraper.

:blink: The WTC is what fell, the opponenets should have that name if you want to reference that. In that case Helm would be the planes crashing into the WTC's, so he would be called "Inside Job."

I hate it when people call him "Helmer." I immediately think of Bryan Helmer - the borderline NHL/AHL defenseman. Bad association.

I call him Helmer AND think about Bryan Helmer when I do it. It's weird, I know.

I just don't do long nicknames, because if it's easier to say the guy's actual name, I'm going to say the guy's actual name. Mule is a perfect nickname. It's short, it fits, and it breaks the hockey cliche of taking the first syllable of the name and adding -y/-ie, -s or -er to it.

:blink: The WTC is what fell, the opponenets should have that name if you want to reference that. In that case Helm would be the planes crashing into the WTC's, so he would be called "Inside Job."

...so THAT is what you're going to take issue with? :huh:

Well, I was just responding to "Helmoshima" which is just as appropriate.