• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

Can't play hockey much smarter than this. A display of excellence really, even though they didn't capitalize.

I doubt Babcock has much to say to them during this intermission.

It's almost a good thing that it's tied and we aren't winning by 2. I think they'd be more apt to let off if we were winning. This way, they stay sharp. I'm sure Babs is telling them, We win 1 period and we stick the dagger in em...

I hope so. I will not feel good until the Wings have 3 victories.

I'm worried about Ozzie not seeing very much rubber recently.

These are the kinds of games we usually lose. We outplay a team severely, outshoot them, and still find a way to lose the game. I think the Pens have finally understood how to beat us. Let us dominate them and hope they score on the few chances that they get.

Will be tough to do considering stripes will be in the way most likely.

It's the third period. The refs will be largely non-existent unless it it absolutely blatant.

did anyone else hear an ohio State - michigan reference that made no sense from Emrick?

He likes you guys for some reason...next time he calls a game with Steckel, Umberger, etc., pay attention, he'll always drop a gratuitous OSU mention.

He's from Indiana and has degrees from two different Ohio colleges (Miami and BG), so that might be something. Who knows?

Common, no one is anywhere near Pronger :P

Pronger is a great hockey player. Has a Stanley Cup, and has been a captain in the NHL before. He's dirty as f***, but he's a good player. Orpik is dirty as f***, but an overated hack, that can hit. He cant score, his shot is weak, his passes are like Sammys, will probably never win the Cup, and doesnt even have an A on an inexperienced team like Pittsburgh.

ROFL, Ronnie wants to punch Buttman in the face right now...

Gary you are such an ass.. nope, nothing is ever your fault.. F*cking D*ck.

Where's that deadly wrist shot that Hossa showed during the regular season?

His aim is about as good as Sammy's right now.

It's not Game #4.

are you sure you are watch ing the same game? :)

Sure am. Difference is I'm not watching the game looking for every little penalty that 'should have been' called. Half of this thread is complaints about the officiating. It's embarrassing.

Good God... If I wanted to read a bunch of whiners complain about officiating, I could just go over to the Pens board. Apparently there is no escape. Everyone wants to whine about it... even LGW. How sad.

did you watch the end of that period? Hossa cross checked onto his knees and loses the puck...Orpik just holds, slashes, and cross checks with complete impunity - which he has NOT earned in any way shape or form. He just completely mauled Homer at the end without ever touching the puck. they committed 5 or 6 BLATANT penalties that weren't called after a first period where Pens got a call because one of their guys stepped on a Wings' skate!

Wings fell asleep in that one a bit. We started making some bad turnovers in our own zone and couldn't get any offensive pressure going on the powerplay.

Babs is doing a good job making sure Zetterberg is out there against Crosby.

Both teams are getting some quality play from their role players. Now its time for the big guns to step up a bit tho.

Guest mindfly

Looks like hossa plays with too much pressure, if i was babcock i would yell at him to cool down, he's obviously trying too much out there, be simple and use that fantastic shot.....

I'm worried about Ozzie not seeing very much rubber recently.

These are the kinds of games we usually lose. We outplay a team severely, outshoot them, and still find a way to lose the game. I think the Pens have finally understood how to beat us. Let us dominate them and hope they score on the few chances that they get.

Let's hope that they pull this one out.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!

Is it just me or do the Wings look like they are playing much better in their own end tonight?

need to keep the onslaught going and take it to em

go wings!

Yeah except for early in the 1st period, they look more like a 'machine' tonight...

Sure am. Difference is I'm not watching the game looking for every little penalty that 'should have been' called. Half of this thread is complaints about the officiating. It's embarrassing.

Yeah, I tried to follow along with the game in this thread since unfortunately watching it on TV is not possible right now, but I had to walk away a few times because rather than let me know what was currently going on and who was doing what, it was page after page of "refs suck" and "why didn't they call XYZ"......enough.

We need to really step it up in the 3rd and come out all guns firing if we hope to win. If not, win Game 4 and then skate with the Cup on home ice.