166 replies to this topic

#81 cirov19

cirov19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (BewareThePenguin @ June 2, 2009 - 11:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Round 4 - Game 3: Terrible non-call on the pick that Detroit set on the PP goal. Announcers talked about it for a good 30 seconds. Unlike the Pittsburgh non-call, Detroit's actually led to an undeserved goal.

Lol. Shut up.

Edited by cirov19, 02 June 2009 - 10:55 PM.

#82 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (MTU_Huskies963 @ June 2, 2009 - 11:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol when I seen that commercial for game 5 I laughed, and said this game is over.

Yeah. Im like WTF. I'll start s***ting my pants when I see Game 7 commercials during Game 4.
40 for life.

#83 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (wingsdiehard13 @ June 2, 2009 - 10:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Gill gets away with interference everytime a Wing with speed threatens to beat him to a race for the puck.

How did a beach whale like Gill survive the "New NHL" and the lockout?

This guy skates like he's got s*** in his pants.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#84 BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool

Lets get Schlitz faced!

• PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

That would of been funny if they scored just to see what would of happened. Can someone post up a pic of that??
LETS GO RED WINGS!

#85 C-TownWing

C-TownWing

Little Ball of Hate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Mike @ June 2, 2009 - 11:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll buy the blown too many men call, but Ericsson clearly interfered with the Pens player. Wings could have killed the penalty to keep the game tied, but no. It's the teams fault they lost.

Agreed on all counts. I'm more pissed at Ericsson than at the officials--it was a lazy play/rookie mistake, more so than the ones that are let go on both sides. He had enough room to go back and play the puck. It wasn't one of those where the forward chips it around the D and has a shot at beating him, so it's worth risking the interference call to slow it down.

The too many men was a brutal no-call though (like I needed to say that), and judging by Babs' reaction to it, there's enough outrage there to get us to hold to the pattern of response to this stuff. We'll see I guess.

#86 WingsAndSpits

WingsAndSpits

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (BewareThePenguin @ June 2, 2009 - 11:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I'm talking about tonight. The Detroit player picked the Penguins defender on the PP, allowing the Wings shooter a wide open look at the net. Same thing Samuellson did to Malkin on Detroit's first goal Sunday Night.

I already talked about Dupuis's stick and how I didn't think Hossa did that on purpose.

The side I'm on is objectivity. Which leaves me pretty much by myself here.

Objectivity? You're on a Red Wings board... why would we be objective or neutral? I don't think any of us are impartial as to who wins the Cup? I do think that the Ericsson interfered, I also think Hal Gill interfered all game on Helm. There were a few times he had the puck, but at least one where he was nowhere near the puck. That being said there were non-calls both ways, and I don't particularly think it's a bad thing... I like the open game... LET'S GO WINGS IN GAME 4!

#87 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

So the NHL's media will collectively press its butt to the Pittsburgh Penguins' logo over the next two days--especially for "saving the series"--and the Red Wings obviously have to rebound from a difficult loss...

But please don't harp on about the fact that a stupid, stupid interference penalty to Jonathan Ericsson gave the Penguins the win. The Red Wings out-shot the Penguins 14-4 in the 2nd but did not seal the deal, and then were out-shot 10-3 in the 3rd. That was the difference.

The dumb penalty helped, but that's all it did. The games are won despite opposition and officiating. You deal with it and move on. The Red Wings will move on and won't blame the refs. Please do the same.

Update 11:25 PM: Okay, per reader response--if you want to talk about the cross-checks to the heads of Johan Franzen and other players, sure, and if you want to talk about six men on the ice for 20, sure...But even those, the Wings have to work through.

The officiating during this spring's playoff run has been fantastically inconsistent, and even when you and I are both swearing at the TV...The players have to deal with it as best as they can. If they want to lobby the refs during or after the game, argue a call--I had no problem with Franzen saying, "He [bleeping dove" when he either hooked Craig Adams or Adams felt a stick and dropped, depending on your point of view, and I have no problem with Mike Babcock mentioning that a certain player who remained nameless got away with four interference penalties...But Babs wouldn't be lobbied into lamenting that his team lost because the refs screwed him over, and he refused to name names.

Hal Gill, cough cough.

But still. The Red Wings dominated in the 2nd but didn't score. Nicklas Lidstrom told WJBK that they Wings tried to get too cute and make extra passes instead of going to the net harder, and both he and Brad Stuart felt that the team needed to quit turning over the puck in the neutral zone. Those are the things the Red Wings can change. They can't change the referees' minds after a call is made or isn't made.

Update 2 11:32 PM: For the record, Mickey Redmond told WDIV's Katrina Hancock that it was "ridiculous" that the linesmen saw the Penguins have too many men for 21 seconds and told the Penguins to get off the ice, allowed Gill to get away with picking a Wing off, and then Ericsson got called, so in Mickey's opinion, the Wings played very well for a thirty-minute period but got "the smelly end of the calls," and as such, he believes that the officiating has to be even on Thursday.

MLive-Snapshots

Sig by TeeMan

#88 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ June 2, 2009 - 11:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've been watching too much basketball. Hockey is a physical sport and should be called as such.

You just want a PP on every shift, since you realize that 5 on 5 Crosby and Malkin are invisible.

Actually these picks that he's crying about are allowed even in Basketball. He's just comparing pellet guns to howitzers in a sad attempt to draw parallels.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#89 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ June 2, 2009 - 11:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did a beach whale like Gill survive the "New NHL" and the lockout?

This guy skates like he's got s*** in his pants.

By getting away with interference.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#90 Austin

Austin

Rookie

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

Wait.. is it confirmed that the linesman saw too many men and told them to get one off the ice? There's no way.. that's beyond a missed call. That's cheating.

#91 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (cirov19 @ June 2, 2009 - 11:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres a better idea, why don't you go out and ref. I hate this conspiracy s***.

+1

thumbup.gif

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#92 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

+1 for this thread,

If the Wings play DRW hockey for 60 minutes nothing matters because the Wings WILL WIN!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#93 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Austin @ June 3, 2009 - 12:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait.. is it confirmed that the linesman saw too many men and told them to get one off the ice? There's no way.. that's beyond a missed call. That's cheating.

My thoughts exactly. I doubt that happened.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#94 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:16 PM

This non-call pisses me off. The thing about it is that there is no interpretation required to make this call. It as clear of a case as can be. People whine about certain "hooks" or "holds" that aren't called, but the bottom line is that those calls are open to interpretation and opinions can be had.

I can't believe how officials couldn't see this. It really is incredible.

#95 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

Bandwagon's full. Please catch another!

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

meh.. who cares.. it's one game... I'm more disgusted by the way the Red Wings let this one get away from them.

#96 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

Whoo-hoo MERGED!

Wings lead the series 2-1. yeah, yeah, yeah, hey, hey HOCKEYTOWN!
“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin

#97 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

People act like they've never seen a playoff game in their entire lives... dear god.
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#98 Selke13

Selke13

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

im still baffled by the non call for too many men. the 4 officials should have seen it, and the pen that got off the ice skated right by a linesmen, yet the linesmen didnt notice anything.

i can not honestly tell myself that i dont think any of the officials noticed this. i DO think someone noticed. when you play, watch, OFFICIATE, as much and for how long, it should be extremely noticable.

i agree with the interference on ericsson, but also think hal gill should have about 14 PIMs worth of interference in the first three games.

never thought id say this, but id rather see ohalleran out there

just want to see some CONSISTENCY

Edited by Selke13, 02 June 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#99 DangleD13

DangleD13

All You Need Is Glove

• 32 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

Im not complaining about the officiating, but with all the noise Pens fans have been making about the way our team played Games 1, and 2, after watching Game 3 - as far as I am concerned we're even.
"171st in the draft, 1st in the shootout order. Soft hads, hard shot. Life is full of paradoxes."

#100 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

Lets complain about our PK.

That s*** is Terrible.