• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
themule0932

Chance of winning Friday

Rate this topic

I think it's 60/40 in our favor. They have more hunger (naturally), but we have the experience, the home ice advantage, the last change, and we have Babcock. In babcock I trust.

Now, last night I was feeling pretty crappy. This morning, I took a step back and tried to look at the full picture. Let's take this in, guys. We are the reigning champs right now. We had a great run last year, and a great one this year. This is the final game of the season either way. If we win, that's awesome. But if we lose, you know what, the wings had a hell of a run and it's been super exciting.

Here's to anxiety attacks and panic attacks until Friday night!

Edit: I just wanted to say one more thing: If the wings don't win, and we have to watch Bettman hand the cup to Crosby on OUR ice, I'm shutting it off. I'll be disgusted. And I think most fans at JLA would get up and walk out. Those are the 2 most hated people right now.

Edited by Firehawk

Trust me,a win in game 7 is very hard if we gonna play so softly.. i tell 40%

i don't see any reactions..a group of kids who mocks us!

i really hope to shut-up Cindy and Vagino at the JLA but my fear is Guerin,Staal,Kunitz,Fedotenko and Gonchar..

at this moment of the season Detroit-games are very strange,i don't think Pittsburgh are a better team but we are doing everything possible to let them win..and this makes me so angry..

Game 1-2 we win but Pens came close to us

Game 3-4 Pens outplayed us (specially G4)

Game 5 a great game,really..but Pens mental condition determined the 5-0 final

Game 6 we played so softly for 50 minutes..like a regular season game

Game 7 ??? what have to lose Pittsburgh ???

i trust again in great bad outstanding last game of the season..

Please Wings don't forget is a Game 7 Stanley Cup Final..not a beer league..Thanks

Go Wings

About 80%

The stats all point to a Wings victory.

Record this playoff season: 11-1 at home, 4-6 on the road.

41 of 44 times the team that took the first two games at home has went on to win the series.

Over 80% of the time the team that wins game 5 when the series is tied win the series.

12 of 14 game 7s are won by the home team.

Wings get last change and advantage in the faceoffs. They also get the home crowd behind them.

All numbers point to a Wings victory. All stats point to a Wings victory.

In the end though, game 7 can come down to unlucky breaks. So I deduct 20% for that.

About 12% unfortunately.

1. Naturally pessimistic. (Normal for people living in Flint, MI)

2. Bettman loves Crosby (Bettman giving the Stanley Cup to Cindy on the road would be huge for the league)

3. Bettman ownes refs (They showed us this in Game 3)

Bettman giving the Cup to Pittsburgh after a Game 7 road win is just too huge for his interpretation of what he thinks the NHL should be. I think we're in deep trouble.

Edited by syntax

It's a game 7 in the SCF. Both teams have a 50% chance if you look at it realistically. A bounce or a bad call can decide the game.

Maybe the Wings have a slight edge because they have home-ice, but I expect the game to go to OT and a silly goal to decide the whole thing.

Hopefully the silliness is in the Wings favor.

I'm thinking 90%.

- Its at home. They'll have the energy for the game and the energy from the fans.

- An octopus will hit the ice

- We'll get the matchups we want.

- We've done really well at home against everyone, especially the Pens.

- History is on our side. I don't have the stat in front of me, but I think its been like 30 years since a visitor has won game 7 in the Finals on the road.

- We ARE the better team. We have better defensemen, better forwards, our goalie is playing better than theirs. Our coach is better than theirs. We're just simply better and now we only have to prove it one more time.

Lots of reasons to be optimistic and I'm a person that gets pessimistic pretty easily.

All I know is that if this game goes into overtime on Friday, I don't know if I will be able to watch.

I hear ya. I was almost having a heartattack in the 1st period when Datsyuk just missed that one-timer. That was in the FIRST PERIOD of a non-do-or-die game for us. I remember watching an NCAA championship hockey game (1999, maybe?) where I had no vested interest in either team, but it was still one of the most nervewrecking sudden deaths I can remember. Apply all that to my favorite franchise in sports and a Game 7 at home for the STANLEY CUP, and I will seriously lose about 10 years off of my life regardless of outcome.

Edited by StormJH1

66%

I would say 80-85% but have a feeling the refs are gonna try to swing it.

btw, for the people actually gonna attend, make sure to start a "ref you suck" or "bulls***" chant when applicable.

This isn't Anaheim or Nashville. We don't chant "Refs, you suck!". Now, the "B.S." chant is perfectly acceptable.

Wings 82%

We've been phenominal at home. Ozzie has been playing insanely well. We have the depth, we have the talent, we have Dats back to help pin back malkin/crosby, we have the stats on our side, we have the fans, we have a dominating team. We are going to see an amazing game of hockey on Friday and im overly excited/nervous for it. The Penguins will bring everything they have, but I dont think its enough to stop the Winged Wheel.

I'm gonna go with about 82% Chance. We are a great home team and I think the team will feed off the crowd and vice versa. The biggest thing that scares me is Game 5 after we did that to the Pens they probably learned a hard lesson. It worries me that the Pens will be able to play much better in Detroit. I don't think the Wings will want to let the fans down but at the same time Pens want to win the Cup in Detroit like the Wings won it last year in Pittsburgh. It's going to be a tight game again. I'm hoping for another Penguins fall apart and a complete Domination game by the Wings again but I just don't think that is going to happen. One thing I will say to the fans that will be in attendance for Game 7 don't get down at all even if the Wings don't score first keep up the chantting and leave it all at the rink remember this is it, this is the last game of the season no matter what so fans just keep your hopes up your spirits high. I believe in the Wings and I know you all do to. We can take this Cup again. Let's Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99.99% sure we will win game 7, i just hate the stress

The pure randomness of the universe cannot be discounted that said I'm confident the Wings will raise the cup.

Hockey is somewhat unique in sports in that skill alone will not carry the day, determination and will are equally as important if not more so. In my experience the Wings when pushed and left with no other options simply win, it may not be pretty it may not be dominating but they earn every inch of it.

Game 7 against the ducks, Game 5 against Pittsburgh these wins are not the result of a single play nor play not made. These wins were made on the back of refusing to loose and willing their way to be the first to every loose puck. If the Pens take 50 shots we will take 51, if they score 5 we will score 6 because simply put there are no other options.

Have faith Wings fans we shall prevail.

Edited by Johnny Law

I know that most of us are Wings fans here and we expect the Red Wings to win the cup on Friday. I just have one question. I want completely honest answers and not 100% just because you are a Wings fan. On a scale of 0% to 100%, what do you think the Wings chances are of winning on Friday and why. I say it is at about 75% right now. The two penalties that they killed tonight show they can step up if really needed. Pittsburgh has only scored 2 goals in Detroit in the finals so far and the Wings have only lost 1 game at home in the playoffs.

Not snowball chance in hell.

I think it's 60/40 in our favor. They have more hunger (naturally), but we have the experience, the home ice advantage, the last change, and we have Babcock. In babcock I trust.

Now, last night I was feeling pretty crappy. This morning, I took a step back and tried to look at the full picture. Let's take this in, guys. We are the reigning champs right now. We had a great run last year, and a great one this year. This is the final game of the season either way. If we win, that's awesome. But if we lose, you know what, the wings had a hell of a run and it's been super exciting.

Here's to anxiety attacks and panic attacks until Friday night!

Edit: I just wanted to say one more thing: If the wings don't win, and we have to watch Bettman hand the cup to Crosby on OUR ice, I'm shutting it off. I'll be disgusted. And I think most fans at JLA would get up and walk out. Those are the 2 most hated people right now.

Our fans are too classy.

But I'll say this. The NHL is run like a ******* country club up in those offices. They rescind legit penalties. They ignore the truly best players and exciting teams in the league. And instead try and create a face for the game in a ass like Crosby. Their refs. We could go on and on ...

Best thing to happen.

Biggest statement we as fans can make is to walk out right at games end if Bettman indeed finishes up these playoffs as he has wanted all along.

Get up.

And walk out booing.

Let him announce the winner to an empty building!!

Even being a lawyer, he just could not explain it away and would be embarrassed as f*** that that is occurring on live TV.

Goo Wings!!

80%.

On the one hand, I see Detroit coming out and taking care of business in a real focussed onlsaught from the git go. Z, Pavs, Lids from the point drawing the puck as he skates backwards changing his shooting angle, Franzen with some soft handed nifty moves, Cleary with some hard charging drives to the net, Malty throwing in a garbage goal. Hossa with the big opinion changer.

On the other hand, Pittsburgh has fire power and can get a ton of momentum off the littlest goal. I'll never forget that frikin Stal Hatty last winter. Sheesh.

I want to say 100%, but I hate being overconfident then losing. I'll stand at 80.

I don't know how you guys can be so calm?

I also think we'll win, but it's game 7 of the SCF for crying out loud. This is the one game of the year where we should all panic.

Anything can happen Friday night. I just hope we score first, or else I'll probably flip out in front of my TV.

I don't know how you guys can be so calm?

I also think we'll win, but it's game 7 of the SCF for crying out loud. This is the one game of the year where we should all panic.

Anything can happen Friday night. I just hope we score first, or else I'll probably flip out in front of my TV.

We're just confident.