• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Marian Hossa, merged

Rate this topic

I'm sorry but Osgood did not let terrible GWGs in game 6 and 7... Talbot second shot was great, Kronwall is doing crap, he's the one to blame.

Hossa was the only 100% healthy player there. He was supposed to win the cup. Hasek was there for the same reason in 2002. He contributed. This is the difference between a superstar and a choker. Let him sign with the Sharks.

First, he lost with a powerful Sens team!

Then, he lost with a powerful Pens team!

And now, he lost with a powerful Wings team!

Please mister Holland, don't re-sign that player!

PS I would have gave him the Conn Smythe trophy for motivating his former teammates...

Edited by Dr. Sapirstein

One thing a lot of people overlook is the fact that had Hossa resigned in Pittsburgh, they wouldn't have been able to resign Orpik, sign Fedotenko and Satan, and deal for Kunitz and Guerin. They'd be very limited, and Hossa forced them to opt for depth over a powerful top six, which worked out pretty well for them.

You took the words right out of my...fingers? The Penguins fans and team feel like they were insulted by Hossa as he left last offseason. It's not like Hossa requested a trade last year, or said, "I'll only accept a trade to the Pens." The guys only played a handful of regular season games for them. This just goes to show why athletes don't tell the media the truth, it can come back to haunt them.

As you said, if he stays in Pitt, there is no way the are able to make the deadline moves that they did, and probably don't win the cup. If anything, Pens fans should be thanking Hossa.

I changed my avatar just for you too since you have a Hossa boner.

Sorry but why? Does that make you feel good or something? Are you happy that he underperformed? Why would you display it as your avatar under the title of playoff choker? You might as well put some pics of the wings bench after the 3rd with the title "losers" would that make you feel better?

seriously wtf is your problem.

Here's an interesting way to look at it. Last year, the Wings won without Hossa. They lost who in the off-season? Dallas Drake and Dominik Hasek? Yet their inability to win this year is suddenly Hossa's fault? Team that WON last year + Hossa = loss, even though you're whining about Hossa's LACK of offensive production rather than Staurt-esque bonehead plays that resulted in goals for the opposing team.

That's so illogical that I have difficulty even coming to terms with the fact that someone could blame Hossa and think they were making a sound point.

dallas drake brought more to this team last year than hossa did this season... therefore (team last year) - (drake) + (hossa) = loss

if we wanted a player that would play decent defense sometimes and not score many goals then why didn't we spread the 7.4million around between Draper and Maltby and helm for that matter.... case and point we NEEDED those 7.4million to go towards a goal scorer!

If hossa would have never scored a goal, but played sound defensively ALL SEASON how many would have still been saying what a beast he was then. case and point the only reason people were happy with him was because he did score in those tight games. ergo, people are upset with him because he didn't net a goal and seldom an assist in the tight games when the season was on the line.

Hossa had:

1) The same number of points in the Finals as Crosby (and one less than Franzen).

wasnt everyone on here saying how crosby was playing like he didn't want to win the cup and was under achieving??? lmao thanks for the arguement on the Hossa Sucks side +1

Edited by OsGOD

I'm not going to say that Hossa is the sole reason for the loss, but it doesn't look good for him. I think he is a great guy, and I think any UFA who spurns more lucrative, long-term deals to come to our team and risk it all deserves the respect of everyone in the hockey world.

That said, I don't want Hossa resigned, especially with the salary commitments we already have and disappearing act he pulled in the playoffs, specifically the later rounds. We are too close to the cap as it is, and I think signing another salary like his for as long as we'll have to is team suicide.

Sorry but why? Does that make you feel good or something? Are you happy that he underperformed? Why would you display it as your avatar under the title of playoff choker? You might as well put some pics of the wings bench after the 3rd with the title "losers" would that make you feel better?

seriously wtf is your problem.

Look at his track record. Him being a playoff choker isn't in dispute.

He got paid 7.4m for this season. For that money, and the type of player Hossa is, you'd expect a better playoffs. Saying that Hudler or Sammy didn't score as many goals as him is missing the point - they aren't paid like Hossa is. With the $$$ comes expectations.

Factor in 1) He came here to win a cup and 2) He was facing the Pens, then there's no doubt to me that he's been a big disappointment in the playoffs.

That said, if he was to sign for a reasonable amount of money, I wouldn't complain. Perhaps he will re-sign, and go on to win a few cups with the Wings after all?

Personally I wouldn't re-sign him - Mostly because it would give us some room with the Cap and keep our depth.

Edited by Green Wing

Look at his track record. Him being a playoff choker isn't in dispute.

That's not the point. Say it all you want in your posts or whatever, that's your opinion. But why go to the point of displaying it in your avatar as if your proud of it or something?

I dunno to me it just seems like an odd thing for a fan to do.

Like i said might as well chuck a pic of franzen on the ice at the end of game 7 with the title "loser", if you like displaying the teams failings to everyone so much.

Guest Shoreline
The laughs continue.

And all I've said is Hossa isn't getting NEARLY the treatment even guys like Datsyuk got pre-2008 but you wouldn't possibly know that.

And osgood was trashed all year long until the playoffs started and you seem to be ignoring that one too.

But keep going, this is good for laughs. I changed my avatar just for you too since you have a Hossa boner.

He was one of those Ozzie bashers, that's why he ignored it. But what happened to you? Why are you being like he was? You've been doing nothing but trashing this team up and down the last week.

I can't show any support for a player that has no heart, and Hossa doesn't have any. I really don't care if he's back or not.

He should go sign with the Sharks; he'd in fit in perfectly with all the other ******* that don't care on that team.

Exactly! No one's said it better. Hossa was born to be a San Jose Shark. He makes Joey Thornton look like Stevie Y.

He was one of those Ozzie bashers, that's why he ignored it. But what happened to you? Why are you being like he was? You've been doing nothing but trashing this team up and down the last week.

Really? So, even you have stooped to lying now? I've never bashed Ozzie. All my statements before the start of the playoffs were about the three facets of the game.......offense, defense & goaltending.......and that IF, and a strong emphasis on the word IF, the wings had a weak link, it was goaltending. At the time the statistics clearly indicated this to be true. Now, I'll be the first to admit that this couldn't have turned out to be further from the truth (Ozzie was clearly the most consistently sold part of the team in the playoffs), but in no way was this "Ozzie bashing". Like I said, and you failed to acknowledge as even being partially true, when the playoffs started, Ozzie, and the goaltending in general, would be the segment of a clearly superior team that potentially could cause the playoff run the most issues. I think at the time a strong majority of wings fans, and many on this forum, would agree. I'll stand by those statements as being completely valid AT THE TIME.

Really? So, even you have stooped to lying now? I've never bashed Ozzie. All my statements before the start of the playoffs were about the three facets of the game.......offense, defense & goaltending.......and that IF, and a strong emphasis on the word IF, the wings had a weak link, it was goaltending. At the time the statistics clearly indicated this to be true. Now, I'll be the first to admit that this couldn't have turned out to be further from the truth (Ozzie was clearly the most consistently solid part of the team in the playoffs), but in no way was this "Ozzie bashing". Like I said, and you failed to acknowledge as even being partially true, when the playoffs started, Ozzie, and the goaltending in general, would be the segment of a clearly superior team that potentially could cause the playoff run the most issues. I think at the time a strong majority of wings fans, and many on this forum, would agree. I'll stand by those statements as being completely valid AT THE TIME.

edit

I guess I just don't understand how a team with this much veteran presence comes out flat like it did in game 6 and what we saw last night in game 7.

Frustration, or something.

Anyway, I think we are both agreed this team needs a serious attitude adjustment.

That's not the point. Say it all you want in your posts or whatever, that's your opinion. But why go to the point of displaying it in your avatar as if your proud of it or something?

I dunno to me it just seems like an odd thing for a fan to do.

Like i said might as well chuck a pic of franzen on the ice at the end of game 7 with the title "loser", if you like displaying the teams failings to everyone so much.

Except Franzen did good things in the playoffs and was a threat to score in the finals.

Hossa no-showed.

Except Franzen did good things in the playoffs and was a threat to score in the finals.

Hossa no-showed.

Franzen more of threat then Hossa? I think your rose colored glasses need to come off. I understand we want a scape goat, but Johan was no more or less a threat the Hossa.

For those speculating that Hossa was ineffective due to injury:

From today's edition of the DetNews

Hossa said he was relatively uninjured during the Finals, only suffering from the usual damage of bumps and bruises. It wasn't a physical issue: It was emotional and mental.

And for the record....

Chris Osgood is a much better, far more understanding, human being than I am:

Chris Osgood sought out Hossa right after the game ended.

“I shook his hand and said it was an honor playing with him,†Osgood said. “Everything happens for a reason. Stick with it. I mean, I don’t want to speak for him, I don’t know what’s going to happen, but we hope he’s here. He’s a great player, even better guy. He fits on our team very well. And he was snake bit, that’s all there is too (sic) it.â€

Ozzie understands what it's like to be the goat in Detroit, obviously, and he's a compassionate guy. Plus, he doesn't want Hossa grudge-scoring on him next year when he's in a Sharks or Rangers uniform.

But Hossa sucks and is a cancer. I wouldn't take him for $750,000 a season.

Ozzie understands what it's like to be the goat in Detroit, obviously, and he's a compassionate guy. Plus, he doesn't want Hossa grudge-scoring on him next year when he's in a Sharks or Rangers uniform.

I agree.

And that's why I stated that Oz is a much better, far more understanding, human being than I am.

For those speculating that Hossa was ineffective due to injury:

From today's edition of the DetNews

Hossa said he was relatively uninjured during the Finals, only suffering from the usual damage of bumps and bruises. It wasn't a physical issue: It was emotional and mental.

And for the record....

Chris Osgood is a much better, far more understanding, human being than I am:

Chris Osgood sought out Hossa right after the game ended.

“I shook his hand and said it was an honor playing with him,†Osgood said. “Everything happens for a reason. Stick with it. I mean, I don’t want to speak for him, I don’t know what’s going to happen, but we hope he’s here. He’s a great player, even better guy. He fits on our team very well. And he was snake bit, that’s all there is too (sic) it.â€

Clearly Ozzie just understands what makes a great player! I definitly value his opinion more. How can you guys blame one player? One player? And if it is one that it is Hossa and not Stuart or Rafalski... Others.

Wow, your whole avatar... Clueless not doubt. What makes Hossa a cancer? Your endless hours in the locker room. All I have ever heard is he fits in well and players like him. Maybe you were blaming Ozzy all season long. Maybe you were one begging for Yzerman to retire. Maybe you hated Lang. Maybe Fedarov too. What I am saying fans like you are a dime a dozen and 50% off.

Clearly Ozzie just understands what makes a great player! I definitly value his opinion more. How can you guys blame one player? One player? And if it is one that it is Hossa and not Stuart or Rafalski... Others.

Bear in mind that IMMEDIATELY, (and I do mean immediately....as in....players had just come off the ice), after the 2006 1st Round ouster against the Oilers, Chris Osgood was the first Player to approach Manny Legace, pat him on the back, and tell him that he did a "great job".

Oz just doesn't have anything bad or negative to say about anyone. And he CERTAINLY wouldn't say anything bad or negative about a guy he's "shed blood" with in battle.

I've said it about Osgood's comments/opinions about OTHER Players before.....

Osgood's opinions/comments about his Teammates are a reflection of the type of person HE is.