• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Marian Hossa, merged

Rate this topic

:lol:

Again you weren't here for all of the Bob threads or most of the ozzie threads from earlier on this year.

In short, you don't have a ******* clue what you're talking about.

Son.

Temper, Temper!!......F-bombs are an indication that you're approaching brain death. Oh yea.....where are these ACTIVE threads again??

Hossa never looked confortable all year. There was rarely a game where I said "Oh, yeah he's a Red Wing." Never got confortable with Datsyuk. Which in tern made Zetterberg uncomfortable.

How's this for a discount? We give him $10,000 and a ticket to Oregon, where he participates in their assisted suicide program and puts us all out of our misery.

That doesnt really sound desireable for anybody

I guess I havent had the opportunity to be on other threads where you were bashing other members of the team. I didnt know you were an equal opportunity basher. Next time your dad takes you to the mall and the wings are signing autographs, go up to 'em and repeat some of your remarks. Naaa.....not you......dont have the stones for it, do ya SON?

You really have nothing to come back with other than petty insults, don't you?

Hossa never looked confortable all year. There was rarely a game where I said "Oh, yeah he's a Red Wing." Never got confortable with Datsyuk. Which in tern made Zetterberg uncomfortable.

I hope we do not re-sign him. Even if he takes a discount, it'll still mean we lose too much depth as a result and I really think now is the time to bring up some of the youngsters and see what they can do, Hossa just doesn't quite fit in, he had an awful playoffs, not just the finals, and he doesn't deserve to stay with the team

Temper, Temper!!......F-bombs are an indication that you're approaching brain death. Oh yea.....where are these ACTIVE threads again??

I'm not going to dig them up for someone who can't comprehend what is in those threads in the first place.

Use the search function.

Or just admit defeat since all you have now is petty and ineffective insults that are only making me laugh harder and you keep digging your hole.

?

Guest Shoreline

Given your horrendous rants (and boy did they turn out to smack you in the face) against Osgood and the team (particularly later on in the season, so easily giving up on this team) I'm in doubt you ever saw Oz as a Red Wing either. This is yet another horrendous one.

Hossa was comfortable "all year" if that means by the regular season. In the playoffs, on the other hand, he could have produced a lot more.

Edited by Shoreline

I'm not going to dig them up for someone who can't comprehend what is in those threads in the first place.

Use the search function.

Or just admit defeat since all you have now is petty and ineffective insults that are only making me laugh harder and you keep digging your hole.

Ok....word of the week is comprehend....lmaoo........no need to search, because there are none with any current posts, but I'm glad that I at least I can elevate your mood. I'm sure you've already destroyed your comic book collection and stuck a few more pins in you little Hossa voodoo doll since the game ended, so even you could use a good chuckle tonite, right son?

Digging a hole? In what fashion? If this were a sporting event you'd have already lost by the mercy rule.

Ok....word of the week is comprehend....lmaoo........no need to search, because there are none with any current posts, but I'm glad that I at least I can elevate your mood. I'm sure you've already destroyed your comic book collection and stuck a few more pins in you little Hossa voodoo doll since the game ended, so even you could use a good chuckle tonite, right son?

No s*** sherlock. The threads I have been referencing are from BEFORE YOU WERE A MEMBER, hence why I said "You weren't here for..." :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Just stop I can't take all this laughing at you. :lol:

Thanks for brightening an otherwise pitiful night. Your lameness and outright dips***tery have been a welcome respite. :lol:

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

EVERYBODY thought that it was a good idea back when he signed with us.

Don't really care if he comes back with us or not but his performance should reduce his annual salary by 1/2.

Maybe if we can get him for 3.5/yr ... keep him for regular season, then bring up Helm, Abelkader, kids that are hungry to win.

No s*** sherlock. The threads I have been referencing are from BEFORE YOU WERE A MEMBER, hence why I said "You weren't here for..." :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

:lol

Just stop I can't take all this laughing at you. :lol:

Thanks for brightening an otherwise pitiful night. Your lameness and outright dips***tery have been a welcome respite. :lol:

dips***tery (noun): being a dips***; a quality native to inhabitants of the state of Ohio who also happen to support the Detroit Red Wings.

You made my point. My assertion was that no other players were being bashed because of poor playoff performance to the extent Hossa is and has been. Numbnuts, Ive been here all playoff season.

dips***tery (noun): being a dips***; a quality native to inhabitants of the state of Ohio who also happen to support the Detroit Red Wings.

You made my point. My assertion was that no other players were being bashed because of poor playoff performance to the extent Hossa is and has been. Numbnuts, Ive been here all playoff season.

And you've completely missed my point.

Hossa isn't getting anything NEAR what Hasek got in 2007, or Lang or even Datsyuk.

You don't have a friggin clue what you are talking about and you are trying desperately to NOT make it look like you've been completely blown out of the water on this thread, because you have.

But keep trying, I'm not tired and the laughs never stop when you post.

And you've completely missed my point.

Hossa isn't getting anything NEAR what Hasek got in 2007, or Lang or even Datsyuk.

You don't have a friggin clue what you are talking about and you are trying desperately to NOT make it look like you've been completely blown out of the water on this thread, because you have.

But keep trying, I'm not tired and the laughs never stop when you post.

You keep mentioning things from the past or things that involve players who aren't even on the roster anymore. All I've said is that no one......now listen carefully to this part.......during the current playoff season.......has been getting the bashing that Hossa has. Obviously you feel differently, but since you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I have to seriously discount your opinion. You're a funny kid. I bet you're into Pokeman or some s*** like that....right?

You keep mentioning things from the past or things that involve players who aren't even on the roster anymore. All I've said is that no one......now listen carefully to this part.......during the current playoff season.......has been getting the bashing that Hossa has. Obviously you feel differently, but since you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I have to seriously discount your opinion. You're a funny kid. I bet you're into Pokeman or some s*** like that....right?

The laughs continue.

And all I've said is Hossa isn't getting NEARLY the treatment even guys like Datsyuk got pre-2008 but you wouldn't possibly know that.

And osgood was trashed all year long until the playoffs started and you seem to be ignoring that one too.

But keep going, this is good for laughs. I changed my avatar just for you too since you have a Hossa boner.

The laughs continue.

And all I've said is Hossa isn't getting NEARLY the treatment even guys like Datsyuk got pre-2008 but you wouldn't possibly know that.

And osgood was trashed all year long until the playoffs started and you seem to be ignoring that one too.

But keep going, this is good for laughs. I changed my avatar just for you too since you have a Hossa boner.

It's gonna be really funny if Holland re-signs Hossa......I know it's highly unlikely, but in the event he does you and the rest of the clan will have to either support Hossa, or find a new team. I had another question for you.....do you ride one of those little sort and stubby yellow buses to school? The way you're failing to follow the simple logic I've laid out here leads me to think you might be "special". Your statements above have absolutely nothing to do with the 2009 playoffs..........I'm saying that the bashing that Hossa has taken during this time is proportionately much more than the blame he deserves for the series loss. This is unquestionably true. This debate is way too easy. I'll go make another drink so you can have a little more time to dry your eyes. If I've made you too upset, I'll quit.

Now that this series is over, and Hossa lost to his old team, he looks like the biggest dumbass in the history of professional sports. Had he not played like a ***** all finals, he might not be in this position. He has himself to blame.

Hossa didn't rack up the goals, or points for that matter, in the finals. He didn't dominate every game. But there were several games where he was a force, just didn't manage to score. We've had plenty of players in our past like that. He scored 40 in the reg season. He had his bright spots in the playoffs getting us where we got. He is a hard working back checking responsible forward that is always dangerous in the other zone. If we can fit him in the salary cap structure, I would gladly welcome him back next year. Who do you think will be hungrier than Hossa?

I can't show any support for a player that has no heart, and Hossa doesn't have any. I really don't care if he's back or not.

He should go sign with the Sharks; he'd in fit in perfectly with all the other ******* that don't care on that team.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Here's an interesting way to look at it. Last year, the Wings won without Hossa. They lost who in the off-season? Dallas Drake and Dominik Hasek? Yet their inability to win this year is suddenly Hossa's fault? Team that WON last year + Hossa = loss, even though you're whining about Hossa's LACK of offensive production rather than Staurt-esque bonehead plays that resulted in goals for the opposing team.

That's so illogical that I have difficulty even coming to terms with the fact that someone could blame Hossa and think they were making a sound point.

I can't show any support for a player that has no heart, and Hossa doesn't have any. I really don't care if he's back or not.

He should go sign with the Sharks; he'd in fit in perfectly with all the other ******* that don't care on that team.

This should be fun: What makes you say he lacks heart? Because he didn't score goals? A guy turns down $90m from another team for a one-year deal to try to win the Cup, scores 40 goals in the regular season, and has a playoff performance that Mike Babcock commended more times than I can count, yet he lacks heart? Did he look like someone who lacked heart when he skated off the ice tonight?

Hossa had:

1) The same number of points in the Finals as Crosby (and one less than Franzen).

2) More points per game in the playoffs than Datsyuk

3) One fewer goal than Zetterberg, if you ignore the empty netters

Here is the list of players who had more goals than Hossa this postseason for the Red Wings:

Franzen (4 points in the Finals), Zetterberg, Cleary (1 point in the Finals, OMG!).

Here is the list of players who had fewer goals than Datsyuk this postseason:

Leino, Lebda, Maltby, Chelios, Meech, Kopecky. Draper had the same number. Of all those guys, only Lebda and Maltby played more games. And 12 of his 15 games played were before he hurt his foot.

I'm not even bringing that up to point the finger at Datsyuk. I'm doing it to emphasize how moronic it is to point a finger at our fourth-leading goal scorer and rip him for not scoring more, when our Hart finalist is getting a pass even though he scored one more goal in the playoffs than I did.

Does Hossa deserve some of the blame? Absolutely. But so does everyone else on the team, up to (and including) Osgood (who was our best player and rightfully would have won the Smythe had the Wings won the Cup, but gave up terrible GWGs in Game 6 and 7).

And there's the very real possibility that he was playing injured. For those who say "then he shouldn't have been in the lineup", as bad as you seem to think he played, do you really think Ville Leino would've been more effective? C'mon. He still had 15 points in 22 games. More than all but 4 other Wings can say....

Edited by Packer487

Hossa had:

1) The same number of points in the Finals as Crosby (and one less than Franzen).

2) More points per game in the playoffs than Datsyuk

3) One fewer goal than Zetterberg, if you ignore the empty netters

Here is the list of players who had more goals than Hossa this postseason for the Red Wings:

Franzen, Zetterberg, Cleary.

Here is the list of players who had fewer goals than Datsyuk this postseason:

Leino, Lebda, Maltby, Chelios, Meech, Kopecky. Draper had the same number. Of all those guys, only Lebda and Maltby played more games. And 12 of his 15 games played were before he hurt his foot.

I'm not even bringing that up to point the finger at Datsyuk. I'm doing it to emphasize how moronic it is to point a finger at our fourth-leading goal scorer and rip him for not scoring more, when our Hart finalist is getting a pass even though he scored one more goal in the playoffs than I did.

Does Hossa deserve some of the blame? Absolutely. But so does everyone else on the team, up to (and including) Osgood (who was our best player and rightfully would have won the Smythe had the Wings won the Cup, but gave up terrible GWGs in Game 6 and 7).

And there's the very real possibility that he was playing injured. For those who say "then he shouldn't have been in the lineup", as bad as you seem to think he played, do you really think Ville Leino would've been more effective? C'mon. He still had 15 points in 22 games. More than all but 4 other Wings can say....

Excellent post.

"He should go sign with the Sharks; he'd in fit in perfectly with all the other ******* that don't care on that team."

QFT.

A lot of times stats dont tell the entire story. And i feel that is the case here. Hossa Looked WORSE than his playoff stats indicate IMO. you can talk til you're blue in the face about how only X amt of wings had more points than him. Who cares. He didn't elevate his game like a tyler kennedy or a maxime talbot or a matt cooke. He wasn't half as good in the playoffs this year as he was in the last. Why? im not quite sure. I do think it has a bit to do with the fact that the wings are much deeper from 1st line to 4th and im sure he felt like some pressure was taken off him to rack up points, knowing his team mates would step up. He failed to realize that everyone around him just hoisted the cup and didnt want it nearly as bad as he did.

In addition, dats looked better than hoss in every game in the playoffs he played in but 1 or 2. regardless of point production. he knows how to play d and singlehandedly stimulate a forecheck.

Injury: if he was too hurt to produce, you sit. plain and simple. I feel the same way about draper. I dont know about anyone else, but through round 3 and the first two games of round 4, i felt abdelkader was one of the best forwards on the team, not to mention his 2 goals in two games. then he sat for draper (one goal in a 2-1 loss is meaningless).

dump hossa unless he takes another HUGE paycut. we definitely didnt get 7+ mil worth. and anyone who thinks we did missed a few days in econ.