• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hurtingwingsfan

Leave Brad Staurt alone

Rate this topic

People without Brad Staurt we would not have come close to winning a cup this year or won our cup last year. this guy has played his heart out and played well. remember we win as a team and lose as one

Agreed... Mistakes were made by others in the other losses too. It's a team effort. It's very unfair to pile on Stuart.

Agreed... Mistakes were made by others in the other losses too. It's a team effort. It's very unfair to pile on Stuart.

I am so pissed at Brad Stuart for the game he played last night, but really, no Stuart and the Wings don't even make the finals.....

Hey, maybe you would be happy if we brought back Jason Williams too. I mean, he only cost us a WCF.

Did you ever hear a general of the army talk about this soldier in the same way. "He was a great soldier. Fought hard and saved us in many battles. In the biggest battle he completely screwed up and got the entire platoon killed. He was a great soldier."

In the US navy you lose your ship, you get no more ships. Remember the guy in the 90s who lost a cruiser to a Iraqi missle (well before any war with Saddam). I'm sure he was a great captain and a nice guy, but he screwed the pooch.

Where was Stuart thinking of the team when he made that slash, or weak ass "pass" leading to goal 1? He may be this or that, he may be a great player, but he completely f***ed up in the biggest game of his life. Do you want that guy with you next time? Some times they learn and will come through, other times they just keep ******* up. Did Stuart show some incredible burst of energy or brains after all those screw ups? Was he a force in period 3 helping make up for the mess he helped cause? I didn't see it.

Oh and don't even start this your a bad fan s***. I am a long time fans of the Wings and always will be, but it is to the team, not a middle of the road D man who completely f***ed up in the biggest game of all.

Edited by Stiffy

Yes let's blame the 4th defensemen for not scoring more then 1 goal aswell. I agree he played an abortion of the game, he looked like he had a concussion all night, but he did not single handedly cost the wing's the cup, albeit he didn't exactly win them it either...

Agreed... It is a double edged sword... Both Kronwall and Stuart had some costly turnovers. However, without the grit they bring to the lineup I don't think we would have gotten past the Ducks.

Edited by MattPlay

Stuart is a great #3 or 4 defenseman for the Wings.

I think he ran into some problems in the finals because of fatigue, largely due to extended minutes from Lidstrom and Raffi injuries. He is definitely not worthy of all the blame here - I don't think anyone is specifically. The Penguins played a great final series and the Wings never got rolling.

Brad Stuart wasn't the only reason the Wings lost but both of the Penguins goals were direct results of horrible plays by Stuart. In my opinion he was the worst player on the ice last night.

Once again Rafalski was HORRIBLE.

Couldnt shoot without hitting a pen shinguard and having it end up go the other way all series.

Stuart looked bad but somethimes Stuart does that, but Raf had a terrible series IMO. AND hes our #2, who should really be in our 3-4 spot.

I think Stuart played great before the Finals. In the Finals, however, he played really bad and in the game 7, he was horrible. However, the Wings lost as a team, not just by Stuart. In the series against the Jackets, he was a huge factor we won as we needed him in the Ducks series and the Hawks series. I was mad at Stuart but I still have a belief on every Wings although we have to make some changes in this off-season.

To end, blaming Stuart is fine but his turnover is not the ONLY reason why the Wings lost in the game 7.

Are you kidding me? No Stuart, no finals??? Please. I like him but to think we wouldn't have made it to the finals is nutty.

Who would have filled his spot? BTW Stuart was amazing in the first 3 rounds, almost un brad stuart like. Without him no way we make it past the Ducks.

Its a fact.

He was bad last night, but Rafalski was a joke. Lebda was not good, I mean you really want to blame this guy? We scored 1 freakin goal last night on home ice. ONE thats why we lost.

I got to admit, I am angry at Brad. VERY ANGRY! It is not his lack of scoring, it was his horrible penalty that caused a momentum shift. A turn over resulting in a goal and overall bad performance all night long.That being said, I forgive him. He is huge reason for our success. Only the one game it mattered more then most he was awful.

NOW if I see anyone of you in the Hossa thread bashing him, I will only lose all respect for you and I will never listen to anything you say!!!

Hey, maybe you would be happy if we brought back Jason Williams too. I mean, he only cost us a WCF.

Did you ever hear a general of the army talk about this soldier in the same way. "He was a great soldier. Fought hard and saved us in many battles. In the biggest battle he completely screwed up and got the entire platoon killed. He was a great soldier."

In the US navy you lose your ship, you get no more ships. Remember the guy in the 90s who lost a cruiser to a Iraqi missle (well before any war with Saddam). I'm sure he was a great captain and a nice guy, but he screwed the pooch.

Where was Stuart thinking of the team when he made that slash, or weak ass "pass" leading to goal 1? He may be this or that, he may be a great player, but he completely f***ed up in the biggest game of his life. Do you want that guy with you next time? Some times they learn and will come through, other times they just keep ******* up. Did Stuart show some incredible burst of energy or brains after all those screw ups? Was he a force in period 3 helping make up for the mess he helped cause? I didn't see it.

Oh and don't even start this your a bad fan s***. I am a long time fans of the Wings and always will be, but it is to the team, not a middle of the road D man who completely f***ed up in the biggest game of all.

The first goal never should have counted any way, because Pittsburgh iced the puck. The linesmen totally missed that.

Once again Rafalski was HORRIBLE.

Couldnt shoot without hitting a pen shinguard and having it end up go the other way all series.

Stuart looked bad but somethimes Stuart does that, but Raf had a terrible series IMO. AND hes our #2, who should really be in our 3-4 spot.

Rafalski had a back injury. It was amazing he still played.

I know he was injured, but his play was terrible. Its hard to play with a bad back I agree, but he had a tendancy to fire into the shin guards all series long, thats a killer.

Pinning this on Stuart is just wrong. Our D as a whole has been our sore spot. A good offensive team like Pit just exploited it.

If our forwards werent so good defensively this series would have been ugly. Our lack of PP production killed us. Like I said in another thread once the Pens shut down the 5 0n 5 point shots and we couldnt put the puck away on the PP we were finished. This is the same way Anaheim allmost got it done. They just didnt have enough O to finnish the job. The pens did.

That being said, I think if we fix our blue line issues we wont need to score 3-4 goals many games next season, which should put us up near the top once again.

We shall see.

I think Stuart played great before the Finals. In the Finals, however, he played really bad and in the game 7, he was horrible. However, the Wings lost as a team, not just by Stuart. In the series against the Jackets, he was a huge factor we won as we needed him in the Ducks series and the Hawks series. I was mad at Stuart but I still have a belief on every Wings although we have to make some changes in this off-season.

To end, blaming Stuart is fine but his turnover is not the ONLY reason why the Wings lost in the game 7.

You said it. You said it best right there. Even I have to stop playing the blame game. I am going through so many emotions. I said in another thread that I am rapidly going through the stages of grief. I am bouncing all over.

No matter what it could not have been said better.

I'd like to blame Stuart for the 1st goal, and Osgood for the 2nd goal, but the fact of the matter is the team took their foot off the pens' throats when they were up 3-2 and that was a team effort.

That said, Stuart did not have a good series.

You said it. You said it best right there. Even I have to stop playing the blame game. I am going through so many emotions. I said in another thread that I am rapidly going through the stages of grief. I am bouncing all over.

No matter what it could not have been said better.

LOL