• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan1991

Chris Pronger traded to Philly

Rate this topic

Ironic that Lupul got traded away for Pronger again, and back to the Ducks at that.

I see this being a move that benefits both teams, the Ducks get some depth at forward, and Sbisa is a very promising prospect. The Flyers get a lot tougher mentally and physically with Pronger, I think they are my new favorite team in the East, can't wait for the first Flyers/Penguins game, for that matter I can't wait to see Pronger's elbows meet Cindy's face 6 times in the regular season and again in the playoffs.

061121_simpsons_vmed.widec.jpg

Excellent

Ironic that Lupul got traded away for Pronger again, and back to the Ducks at that.

I see this being a move that benefits both teams, the Ducks get some depth at forward, and Sbisa is a very promising prospect. The Flyers get a lot tougher mentally and physically with Pronger, I think they are my new favorite team in the East, can't wait for the first Flyers/Penguins game, for that matter I can't wait to see Pronger's elbows meet Cindy's face 6 times in the regular season and again in the playoffs.

061121_simpsons_vmed.widec.jpg

Excellent

They overpaid in my opinion. They could have traded Lupul for a first round pick and picked up a couple solid D-men off the UFA list for the same price without losing Sbisa or two first rounders - even if they were late first rounders. Pronger is going to be 35 in October I believe and he has lost a step. He will help them out initially but 2 years from now they may be looking back at this trade and saying what were we thinking...

So then, Neidavaction is playing for the Ducks next year? Or just playing next year?

Nieds has said to murray that he will return to the ducks and so will teemu :) nice not losing any of the 2...

EDIT: saw this on Flyers forums made me lol...

So is Cindy crying to his Daddy Gary Bettman right now?

Cindy- Daddy how could you let those Flyers get a d-man that will crush me into the ice?

Bettman- Daughter I told you that once you got your Cup I would have to stop giving you and your teammates the special attention that you I gave you since you came into the league. Now come give your Daddy a hug!

Cindy- NO! I HATE YOU! *Runs away crying*

Edited by Duck Guy

The big tough Eastern Conference is in for a surprise.

No kidding. I have a feeling Pronger is going to have an amazing year considering his competition is going to be really weak. It's a shame though that Anaheim probably won't make playoffs. Everytime the Wings get involved in a decent rivalry, the other team has to go ahead and start sucking.

No kidding. I have a feeling Pronger is going to have an amazing year considering his competition is going to be really weak. It's a shame though that Anaheim probably won't make playoffs. Everytime the Wings get involved in a decent rivalry, the other team has to go ahead and start sucking.

I partially disagree. For the regular season Pronger won't have as much of an influence as you might think. If the Flyers can get to the playoffs however, that's when the real neanderthal comes out.

They overpaid in my opinion. They could have traded Lupul for a first round pick and picked up a couple solid D-men off the UFA list for the same price without losing Sbisa or two first rounders - even if they were late first rounders. Pronger is going to be 35 in October I believe and he has lost a step. He will help them out initially but 2 years from now they may be looking back at this trade and saying what were we thinking...

1. What Dmen for the same price? Bouwmeester is going to the highest bidder, and the highest bidder will give him more than the 6.25 Pronger is making.

2. Why do people seem to think Lupul has good value? Hes a salary dump. Hes soft, mediocre, doesn't play defense, and makes 4.25M for the next FOUR seasons. Its a terrible contract thats only going to look worse once the cap goes down.

You guys are embarrassing our organization when you act like the east is a joke. Did you guys already forget that an Eastern Conference team just beat us in the Cup Finals? Also... Adding Pronger to the Flyers isn't as big a deal as you guys think... this guy spends more time in the box than he does on the ice...

You guys are embarrassing our organization when you act like the east is a joke. Did you guys already forget that an Eastern Conference team just beat us in the Cup Finals? Also... Adding Pronger to the Flyers isn't as big a deal as you guys think... this guy spends more time in the box than he does on the ice...

He'll be on the ice lots when Philly are playing Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals next year

1. What Dmen for the same price? Bouwmeester is going to the highest bidder, and the highest bidder will give him more than the 6.25 Pronger is making.

2. Why do people seem to think Lupul has good value? Hes a salary dump. Hes soft, mediocre, doesn't play defense, and makes 4.25M for the next FOUR seasons. Its a terrible contract thats only going to look worse once the cap goes down.

Who said anything about Bouwmeester? They could have made offers/picked up a combination of Beuchamin, Komisarek, Scuderi, Mara, or Warrener or any other UFA's for 6M or less after dumping Lupul and kept all their picks and gained a draft pick.

Lupul is 25 years old and a fifty point man - so he has no or little value? The same team that signed Lupul to that extension is now the one dumping draft picks for a middle aged D-man - that is a bit of a contradiction in the "good sense" department.

lol you guys still bitter about the cup? so bitter that you are still taking shots at crosby and are now hoping pronger hits him hard when the flyers/pens play? seriously, just get over the fact that you lost and move on. i can understand you being bitter towards a rival like the ducks or hawks, but the pens are in the other conference. you had your chance to beat them, but were outcoached and outplayed in the last 2 games.

lol you guys still bitter about the cup? so bitter that you are still taking shots at crosby and are now hoping pronger hits him hard when the flyers/pens play? seriously, just get over the fact that you lost and move on. i can understand you being bitter towards a rival like the ducks or hawks, but the pens are in the other conference. you had your chance to beat them, but were outcoached and outplayed in the last 2 games.

here i will give it to u /flame shield...FlameShield.jpg

Edited by Duck Guy

And you hope Pronger just walks through the whole Eastern Conference now that he's gone? Jeez, you think a guy plays long enough you'd want to see him wreack some havoc in the other conference. Then again maybe the fans of the Ducks arent quite as mean as the team is.

Dan Cleary says hello.

This means that he'll be playing more games against the Pens and Crosby. Man I would love to see Pronger knock the hell out of Crosby and Malkin for that matter. I think this is good. Get Pronger out of the west and let him torment the East for a while.

This means that he'll be playing more games against the Pens and Crosby. Man I would love to see Pronger knock the hell out of Crosby and Malkin for that matter. I think this is good. Get Pronger out of the west and let him torment the East for a while.

Yup. Extremely looking forward to another Pens-FLyers PO matchup. See how they like playing against Pronger in a PO series.... :)

I'm glad we don't have to play against him as much any more. Apart from that, whatever; I'm not about to say that I want Pronger to cheapshot Crosby or Malkin. If Pens fans had been saying they wanted Pronger to hurt Pavel or Hank, we would have been all over them.

Let's at least try to maintain some kind of behavioural standards, eh?

Excellent trade for the Flyers!

Pronger is an NHL all-star who is a winner, is the 4th ranked defenceman by Central Scouting as of June 15th, and is one of the most feared defenders in the league. He brings a great deal of leadership to a team that is lacking in leadership (and Hoilmgren did say afterwards that he has spoken to Mike Richards about giving up the captaincy).

The Flyers want to win now. They need a big puck-moving defenceman to help do that. The best one available....was Chris Pronger. Thoise two first round draft picks aren't going to help Philly win in the next couplew of years. Luca Sbisa wasn't going to help the Flyers win the next couple of years. So, they needed to give up some offensive talent ((ideally high priced talent) to get that big puck moving defenceman.

The other thing is that the Flyers believe that any offensive punch that Lupul provided, will be replaced by Claude Giroux.

Pronger is only 34, is a perennial 40 point scorer, can play the power-play, and is considered among the NHL's 4 elite defensemen by his peers (and that matters more to scouts and GMs than the fans thinking he's a good). He's won everywhere he's been....including leading the Blues to the President's Cup and leading the Oilers and Ducks into trhe Stanley Cup finals (Pronger finished 2nd in the Conn Smyth voiting in both 2006 and 2007). He is exactly what the Flyers need - and the reality is - he will bring to the team a lot more than the players they gave up - and he'll do it quicker