• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heroes of Hockeytown

Jay Bouwmeester's Rights traded to Calgary

Rate this topic

Has trading rights ever worked I cant think of anyone whos rights got traded just before july 1 to a team and that team actually got the guy. Its got to have happened I just cant think of a time.

Has trading rights ever worked I cant think of anyone whos rights got traded just before july 1 to a team and that team actually got the guy. Its got to have happened I just cant think of a time.

Roenick when he went to the flyers I think but don't qoute me.

more likely just trying to get a better price

I think last summer Tampa did it with Radim Vrbata who later went back to Czech Republic. They also traded for Brian Rolston's rights but couldn't get the deal done with him.

Malone and Roberts had their rights traded from Pittsburgh to Tampa Bay last year and signed.

There's also Timonen and Hartnell

If Calgary does sign him, they'll have a hell of a first line with Phaneuf and Bouwmeester.

Yeah, if Bouwmeester signs with Calgary you can bet your last buck he'll be first on the list of upcoming McFarlane action figures. f***, they're releasing one of Luke Schenn in the next group. Schenn before Franzen-- I'm not kidding, you can go check the website for the pure insanity :P

Here's something to look for...

If Calgary can't sign Bouwmeester...

Ottawa signs Bouwmeester.

If they do, Kuba is traded for a second/third line forward, a second rounder and maybe a prospect.

Schubert is traded for a pick or a third/fourth line forward. Ottawa deals with Heatley later.

Here's something to look for...

If Calgary can't sign Bouwmeester...

Ottawa signs Bouwmeester.

If they do, Kuba is traded for a second/third line forward, a second rounder and maybe a prospect.

Schubert is traded for a pick or a third/fourth line forward. Ottawa deals with Heatley later.

No one is going to give Ottawa a decent package for any of those guys when they've put themselves a couple million over the cap by signing Bouwmeester, and why would Bouwmeester want to go to a sinking ship of a team anyways? He wants to go to a team with a future, not 2/3rds of a 1st line and a couple of shutdown Dmen.

Another big move by the Flames without concern about the depth. They got Iginla, Jokinen, Bouwmeester, and Phaneuf. Quite funny they got some good players but never get past the first round since they went to the cup few years ago

Okay... They aquired his rights yesterday. Have they signed him?

Nope and I would bet they won't sign him. Wouldn't it mean dumping one of their other big names? Like say Phaneuf??

I like Jay but I don't see them dumping Phaneuf.

Nope and I would bet they won't sign him. Wouldn't it mean dumping one of their other big names? Like say Phaneuf??

I like Jay but I don't see them dumping Phaneuf.

The article stated they have over $10m in cap room. Where is the need to move Phanuef?

That could be quite a formidable defense.

The article stated they have over $10m in cap room. Where is the need to move Phanuef?

That could be quite a formidable defense.

Who are they losing to FA?

The Flames were so tight to the cap it cost them the series with the Blackhawks. They were playing with 4 Dmen at one point.