• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Teams calling Detroit about Hossa

Rate this topic

Holland is a genius. I love how he puts a time stamp on this and is ready to trade the rights! I hope for a 2nd in return. Wings could draft a great player with a 2nd pick!

I'll miss Hossa, he was fun to watch in the winged wheel and I wish him nothing but the best. Cheers

I would like to add one thing:

Last season, Toronto traded Sundin's rights to Montreal for conditional draft pick - Sundin didn't signed for Montreal but Toronto finished with Grabovski (RFA in the time)... To say that we can't get ClutterbUck is not 100% right. Maybe they will clear come cap space... Who knows, everything is possible... Pen's just won a SC... everything can happen...

Guys...the Wings have virtually no cap space. I don't know what it is you're expecting...but dont look for any free agent signings this offseason. If hossa doesnt sign we are signing samuelson. We aren't going after anyone else. Too much money tied in forwards and D. You are being unrealistic and too be honest...stupid?

Holland is a genius. I love how he puts a time stamp on this and is ready to trade the rights! I hope for a 2nd in return. Wings could draft a great player with a 2nd pick!

I'll miss Hossa, he was fun to watch in the winged wheel and I wish him nothing but the best. Cheers

You're right. This shows the difference between Holland and Shero last year. Shero sat and waited because Hossa said he liked playing in Pitt. He's said all year long that he loved playing in Detroit but Holland isn't going to wait around for him. He's got a deadline and if Hossa doesn't accept it by that time he'll be an LA King. Holland refuses to have his hands tied by one player and that's the way it should be.

Hossa going from a team like Detroit, to a team like the Kings? And he WANTS the cup?

Can someone explain to me how the whole "rights" thing works?

Like can he only negotiate with who we allow? Or is this only untill Free Agency? I'm confused.

Hossa going from a team like Detroit, to a team like the Kings? And he WANTS the cup?

Like can he only negotiate with who we allow? Or is this only untill Free Agency? I'm confused.

As far as I understand it, teams aren't allowed to negotiate (officially) with a free agent until July 1st, and obviously they can't tender an actual contract offer. The negotiation rights belong to the team the player played for last, and that team has the right to trade that privilege away to whomever they choose for whatever they want.

Just means that Kings would get the chance to make a deal for Hossa before he hits the open market. Holland knows what he's willing to pay, Hossa knows what Holland is willing to pay and the ball is now in Hossa's court. Holland isn't going to sit around 'hoping' for Hossa to make a decision like Shero so stupidly did -- which is why the Pens fans are so pissed at Hossa, but truth be known, their fans should hate Shero for flubbing it up like a moron.

Wait til' you see how good LA is in 2-3 years.

They'll make the playoffs next year.

I didn't mean to knock on LA.

I just meant, that if Hossa wants the cup as badly as he claims, you would have to agree Detroit gives him a better shot, to get the cup sooner.

2-3 years may not be good enough for Hossa considering that he thinks he only has 4 years left in his prime. This is the west we're talking about. A lot of good teams are getting better.

Is money the only thing that's important to Hossa? He's already a multi-millionaire, and has been offered by the Wings around 50 million over 10 seasons. He could get probably 70 million over 10 seasons else where. Is 20 million dollars really the difference between signing with LA over Detroit? Think about it, what's the real difference between 70 and 50 million dollars? Both are immense amounts of money, that no one could ever spend over the course of even several generations of family.

Sports players get paid insane amounts of money. And I would hope Hossa would be less greedy and realize if he stays with Detroit, he'll get his cup, he'll set records get in the hall of fame, and be successful every year of his career. It's sickening that these guys get paid so much, and want more and more. Zetterberg and Franzen are classy players. Their getting the money they deserve, and playing for the team they want. Hossa just wants money, he doesn't care about the team, that he LET DOWN. He owes the Wings another shot.

No they won't. Look at Atlanta. They had Hossa, Kovelchuk (better then Hossa), and a stream of other semi-decent other players. Hossa is not leader. He is not a team builder. He's a talented secondary guy. He can't, and has proven, that he can't turn a bad team into a successful team. LA will be bad for years, even with Hossa, and even with him and Gaborik. Maybe they'll make the play-offs, but they sure as hell will never make it to the western finals in Hossa's career.

What team Hossa signs with will set his career in stone, and tell you what kind of person he is.

Detroit = Cups

LA = Money

See what's more important, his career, or money. Kind of sad really. And this ain't no bitter post, I could care less if Hossa is on this team, he choked, and the Wings don't need him. But he sure as hell needs the Wings.

Edited by TheOwl

Is money the only thing that's important to Hossa? He's already a multi-millionaire, and has been offered by the Wings around 50 million over 10 seasons. He could get probably 70 million over 10 seasons else where. Is 20 million dollars really the difference between signing with LA over Detroit? Think about it, what's the real difference between 70 and 50 million dollars? Both are immense amounts of money, that no one could ever spend over the course of even several generations of family.

Sports players get paid insane amounts of money. And I would hope Hossa would be less greedy and realize if he stays with Detroit, he'll get his cup, he'll set records get in the hall of fame, and be successful every year of his career. It's sickening that these guys get paid so much, and want more and more. Zetterberg and Franzen are classy players. Their getting the money they deserve, and playing for the team they want. Hossa just wants money, he doesn't care about the team, that he LET DOWN. He owes the Wings another shot.

No they won't. Look at Atlanta. They had Hossa, Kovelchuk (better then Hossa), and a stream of other semi-decent other players. Hossa is not leader. He is not a team builder. He's a talented secondary guy. He can't, and has proven, that he can't turn a bad team into a successful team. LA will be bad for years, even with Hossa, and even with him and Gaborik. Maybe they'll make the play-offs, but they sure as hell will never make it to the western finals in Hossa's career.

What team Hossa signs with will set his career in stone, and tell you what kind of person he is.

Detroit = Cups

LA = Money

See what's more important, his career, or money. Kind of sad really. And this ain't no bitter post, I could care less if Hossa is on this team, he choked, and the Wings don't need him. But he sure as hell needs the Wings.

But Zetterberg GOT $73 million...furthermore, Hossa's arguably a better offensive player (4 seasons 80 points and above, 2 at 90 points or above and 1 100 pointer compared to Z's 2 80+ point seasons and 1 90+ point season) and he's no slouch on defense either to say the least. I think it's fair to say that overall Z's a better all-around player, but not by much. They're both real-deal superstars and at that point, there's not too much seperating guys in quality.

So one gets a $73 million deal and is praised for signing it and the other is selfish for not signing a deal with likely over $20 million less for a similar length of time?

To me, that's as illogical as all your Osgood bashing all season, if not worse. At least you had a crummy regular season to fuel that fire. With this, you've got blatant, simple numbers and you still can't do the math. Ridiculous.

Detroit = Cups

LA = Money

Zetterberg even said it when he was asked about his negotiations. He said that there is a certain amount that you feel you deserve as a player, and once that is met, you must show some commitment to your team and to winning to not ask for ridiculous amounts. Both Franzen and Zetterberg's contracts are fair and both sides are happy. Hossa just wants the same. Offering him 4-5 million is not in the range of what he feels he deserves. And that's fair. I would even agree that a player of his caliber deserves something around 6 million. He already gave up 10 million to come here to play for less. Let the guy get what he's earned. He's a talented player.

Maybe he feels Detroit's legitimate Cup runs are soon to be over.

Nick is getting old, Osgood is too. And maybe don't have the Cap space next year (assuming cap goes down) to sign a UFA goalie better than Osgood for the future.

It's possible Detroit only goes downhill from here. How far? Only time will tell. It might not be a risk he feels worth taking, because add in his possible Cap Hit, and Detroit is not going to have much to play with the next 4 seasons or so.

Just saying.... ;)

Edited by rage

Detroit = Cups

LA = Money

I wish you'd refrain from commenting on hockey. Every single one of your posts is so full of idiocy that I don't even know where to begin to correct you. It's amazing that one person can possess such a sizable capacity to be consistently wrong. At least you decorate your verbiage with double negatives ("dis aint none dat dem der bitterness") and other hallmarks of illiteracy.

I'm sure you'd have your salary cut in half to win Employee of the Month, right?

The argument that he's about the money is absolutely hilarious in the face of him spurning a 10-year, $80m-$90m deal from the Oilers for one season with the Wings, risking a career-ending injury that would deprive him of tens of millions of dollars to do so. That Hossa! He's all about the money!

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Edited by flip

I wish you'd refrain from commenting on hockey. Every single one of your posts is so full of idiocy that I don't even know where to begin to correct you. It's amazing that one person can possess such a sizable capacity to be consistently wrong. At least you decorate your verbiage with double negatives ("dis aint none dat dem der bitterness") and other hallmarks of illiteracy.

I'm sure you'd have your salary cut in half to win Employee of the Month, right?

The argument that he's about the money is absolutely hilarious in the face of him spurning a 10-year, $80m-$90m deal from the Oilers for one season with the Wings, risking a career-ending injury that would deprive him of tens of millions of dollars to do so. That Hossa! He's all about the money!

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Exactly. One of the plays where Hossa goes head first into the boards could have been much much worse.

Holland trades his rights to LA doesn't mean he is gonna sign in LA. He could go to market and decide he'll take Hollands offer on July 1st and guess what? Now unless there is some kind UFA rule against re-singing with the team that traded your rights. If not then...