• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zion

Mikael Samuelsson signs with Vancouver

Rate this topic

With the exception of scoring a couple timely goals the past couple years, the guy drove me insane. Call me a jerk, but I'm very happy that he and Kopecky are gone - couldn't stand either of them.

i wish we could trim the maltby/draper fat this year as well.

What you produced for only $1.2 mill a year was great bang for the buck. I wish we could have re-signed you, but at over $2 mill was glad we didn't. Good luck.

This. I'm a big defender of Sammy and think he's been an AWESOME value for us the last couple of years, would have wanted him to stay for 1.5-2.0 mil, but no more than that.

Glad he went to Vancouver and not to a division rival like everyone else. Plus I would love to see a Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson line.

Wish him the best luck. I'm going to miss him. Atleast he can't stink up our PP anymore.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Make the Leino re-signing official and put Ericsson on the 2nd PP point and i'll be set for this offseason :D

They really should. I like Kronwall's shot but he's a better passer. Plus, pass Kronner the puck, he pulls that stutter step move, draws two men, dishes it off to Jonny who fires that rocket, deflects of three-four men, loose puck, open net, Franzen taps it in.

They really should. I like Kronwall's shot but he's a better passer. Plus, pass Kronner the puck, he pulls that stutter step move, draws two men, dishes it off to Jonny who fires that rocket, deflects of three-four men, loose puck, open net, Franzen taps it in.

Exactly.

I was never really a fan of Sammy, he would drive me insane in the Regular Season, but I really appreciated him in the playoffs! He got the puck to the net.

Due to the cap I'm glad Sammy's gone and I'd rather see Helm and Abby get more ice time, but wish him all the best in Vancouver.

I don't think there was any Red Wing that had more profanities thrown their way from this forum. We never had to yell "Shoot the f****** puck" though.

When I think of Sammy I recall the first two goals scored in game 1 against the Pens last year. That wraparound was amazing!

Best of luck to him.

I agree those were the two goals I think of too.Sammy was a great player sure multiple people hated him but he scored some timely goals and could be quite the pest.

wow canucks fans for the most part seem pretty excited. i hated this guy for years and thought he was decent this past one but come on, the money theyre giving him and theyre putting him in their top 6. the guy will drive their fans mental in no time.

Guest Shoreline

I'm a bit back and forth on whether or not to be excited by this or not (we'll see what Kenny does first), but nonetheless I appreciated his work with the Wings and hope he does well in Vancouver.

wow canucks fans for the most part seem pretty excited. i hated this guy for years and thought he was decent this past one but come on, the money theyre giving him and theyre putting him in their top 6. the guy will drive their fans mental in no time.

My cousin in Vancouver asked me what to expect from Sammy. My Response:

Well Samuelsson would drive me crazy in the regular season because he takes shots from everywhere, from every angle (check out his shot totals and shooting percentage if you haven't done so already), and stupid little wussy wrist shots too. One of his bad angle shots broke Cleary's jaw in 2008. However I liked him in the playoffs because he gets the puck to the net and would either score, create a rebound, or create a faceoff in the offensive zone. He's clutch too in big games.

He'll be a guy you love one game and hate the other, but overall I think it's a good signing for the Canucks because he is a top 6 forward.

Oh Sammy....

Oh Logo Hunter...

Oh Shin-Guard Assasin...

As much as you gave me migranes and caused me to go WTF SAMMY WHAT ARE YOU DOING every game, I shall miss you. The goals you did score were glorious, and at least you took the shot. I very much enjoyed watching you play when you weren't giving me spazz attacks.

Thank you for all your hard work (and some of your not-so-hard work) and good luck in VAN. But not against the Wings. ;)

littlestsammy.jpg

What is it about Hockey players tht let them getTHE HOTTESTE BABES ON THE PLANET!?!?!?!

I mena look at Sammy, he looks like a horse! Must be the money or the ****!

anyhow, that only leave ONE free agent left to leave! Leino is staying, Chelios, McCarty, Downey, Hossa, Kopecky, Samuelsson, Huder, Leino...

Thanks for your time as a Red Wing Samuelsson, thanks for helping us win a Cup. He deserves his raise, apparently another team recognizes this. Unlike plenty in here who are acting like airheads, I wish he was here to stay. If you don't like what I think regarding this, sorry, that's not my problem.

I will miss him and every time I see him I will think of this goal.

yep...can't ever forget that goal. see ya, sammy. you had your frustrating moments, that's for damn sure, but i wonder if we'll be able to replace your amount of skill, as sporadic as it was, for your salary. good luck, except against the wings of course.

anyhow, that only leave ONE free agent left to leave! Leino is staying, Chelios, McCarty, Downey, Hossa, Kopecky, Samuelsson, Huder, Leino...

When did that happen?

Many people here are saying that Samuelsson was a product of Red Wings' system. Would you say the same thing about Cleary? He accomplished nothing and had bad numbers before he came to Detroit in 2005. I don't have the knowledge to agree or disagree with you about these things, but with both players there has been talk about them getting their confidence back for the first time in their pro careers when playing for Red Wings.

Some Samuelsson highlights:

Edited by P. Marlowe

Well, I saw this coming.

Good-bye, My Sammy.

Best wishes to you and Sandra, and little William and Stina. I hope Vancouver treats you well.

I'm sure the happiest person on the planet right now is Luongo.

Thanks for all of the goals. I will miss you, my Shin-guard Assassin.

I'm sure the happiest person on the planet right now is Luongo.

This reminds me of the announcers in NHL 2004:

"He scores! What a slap shot!"

"I'm glad it didn't hit the goalie or it would've knocked him into the net too."

can't blame sammy for taking that deal - he has earned it.

i know he took a lot of sh*t on here but for $1.2m he sure did score some huge goals the past few years - the 2 goals against the sharks in game 6 in '07 and of course the 2 goals against the pens in game 1 in '08 more than made up for all the frustrating moments.

thanks for the memories sammy and good luck with the 'nucks :clap: