• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Detroit # 1 Fan

Chicago Screws Up, merged

Rate this topic

According to the blackhawks board, the posters there believe that the NHL and NHLPA should turn a blind cheek to the matter because Chicago is an up and coming original six team that will make the NHL a lot of money and winning product the league needs.

They've been waiting since 1961â„¢, so waiting a little bit longer won't matter that much; it builds character!

I'm glad to hear about the filing of the grievance; this is why there is a collective agreement. In this particular case, Chicago's violations of the CBA are on more than one count. Nothing may come of it, but the PA was backed into a corner; the League had made it's decision and it wasn't going to be against Chicago.

Personally, i don't want anything much to come of this but i haven't been able to help thinking that the NHL would let this fly purely because of reasons that dumbass hawk fans have stated. As well as the new up and coming, exciting team with the possibility of dethroning the mighty wings in the central smells of something that bettman could never pass up.

Of all those misfiled Q.O.'s, Colin Fraser, Aaron Johnson, Ben Eager, and Troy Brouwer all re-signed with the Hawks anyway. Looks like Versteeg and Barker are the driving force behind the grievance.

From TSN:

If the PA is accurate and the players involved are deemed unrestricted free agents, the Blackhawks could lose both forward Kris Versteeg and defenceman Cam Barker to the open market.

The interest in these two players league wide as UFA's would be significant. In Barker's case, one league source cites his value at $3 million on the low end, and as much as $5 million on the high end.

The Chicago Blackhawks have cap issues and may not be able to afford to compete in the feeding frenzy without making drastic moves to free up money.

This issue is far from resolved, but early indications suggest it may not end well for the Chicago Blackhawks.

We signed Aaron Johnson for 1 year, 550 K- what a steal!

Congrats. I read the hawks board and some fans are calling for his head because he's a "backstabbing piece of s***" who "is plotting against the blackhawks" organization.

Of course I remember Blackawks fans (on the same boards) during the WCF hated Hossa and thought he was the biggest piece of s***, but now he's a Hawk, he is god... I expect your fans to give AJ the same recourse.

Hawks fans seem quick to stab their players in the back, then open their arms to "the biggest piece of s*** in the NHL" very quickly. Odd how that works.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283900

Grievance filed, Chicago could now very well lose these players.

"NHLPA has filed a grievance over the Chicago Blackhawks mishandling of a number of its qualifying offers and intends to argue the players affected by the mishap, who remain unsigned, should be ruled unrestricted free agents."

Wow.

And furthermore, there is reports of a "powerstruggle" going on within the Blackhawks upper management. Talk about offseason drama! Hossa must be doing the ultimate facepalm right about now...

I understand that Chicago's scenario was under discussion, but this article, especially the last sentence makes me seem even more sure there in deep with this one. I am sure they will fire Tallon. Maybe not right when it happens, but if they have a bad season then definitely.

Here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283900

And the last sentence of the article:

This issue is far from resolved, but early indications suggest it may not end well for the Chicago Blackhawks.

Wow, what do you guys think?

Already a thread for this, dude.

I thought the other thread was investigating the situation by the NHL. But since that thread the NHL has dropped the issue and NHLPA has filed a grievance.

**EDIT**

MODS if you want to merge this with the other one or delete this it's fine.

Edited by MurphJ

Congrats. I read the hawks board and some fans are calling for his head because he's a "backstabbing piece of s***" who "is plotting against the blackhawks" organization.

Of course I remember Blackawks fans (on the same boards) during the WCF hated Hossa and thought he was the biggest piece of s***, but now he's a Hawk, he is god... I expect your fans to give AJ the same recourse.

Hawks fans seem quick to stab their players in the back, then open their arms to "the biggest piece of s*** in the NHL" very quickly. Odd how that works.

It goes both ways, Snazzy.

"I will never play for the Red Wings" - Chris Chelios.

That's all I have to say.

Remember everybody - the GM that is supposed to have the mental and accounting fortitude to sign KTK to long-term deals, thus ensuring the future of the Chicago Blackhawks, doesn't know how USPS works.

I'm frightened.

My condolences on your impending loss of personnel.

It goes both ways, Snazzy.

"I will never play for the Red Wings" - Chris Chelios.

That's all I have to say.

So what you are saying is Kane will soon be on the Red Wings? We could probably afford him next year. But I think Toews would be the better option.

So what you are saying is Kane will soon be on the Red Wings? We could probably afford him next year. But I think Toews would be the better option.

I don't know. I think Toews is awesome but we already have a version of him. It's that guy who joked that he didn't know that the NHL draft went in alphabetical order (Z).