• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

You're not understanding. Huds is gone for THIS YEAR. What's to prevent him from taking his nice, shiny frontloaded contract money in year 1 and coming back to Detroit next year? If anything, that sounds like the perfect situation for Huds. Detroit will still have his rights and arbitration should proceed as it normally would. Detroit can just accept that contract and hold onto his rights.

It puts Detroit in a decent spot in the sense that they can build their team this year knowing that they'll have a decent guy coming in when they have a little more space, and Huds can get top icetime somewhere else and maybe it'll improve his confidence and he can bring that back with him. It's basically like using the KHL as a non-affiliated, better AHL. I bet Holland isn't too disappointed.

dude Holland is not going to take him back next year. He doesnt do things like that on a player that bails on him. Huds is gone for good.

Edited by Phazon

well that little F*****! well hope we stillown his rights when he comes back and he will come back! stupid kid!

If Holland goes through with arbitration... as he has indicated he will, Detroit will hold his rights indefinitely (at the awarded amount).

Sort of an unaddressed area of the CBA -- without arbitration Detroit would only hold his rights until Hudler qualified for free agency at the age of 27.

If it was only for $2m tax-free, as initially reported, I would agree on the "stupid kid" remark, but that is a crapload of money it turns out he is being offered.... I just wish the KHL would go back to sniping the Predators.

Did you even get it?

Manluv: Your "ownership" has nothing to do with it. He was a Red Wing until just recently, and you seem to find it okay for someone to go around admiring incidents where that player got hurt.

It is the same thing as Pens fans admiring one of Hossa's injuries during the offseason just after him signing with Detroit. It is childish and pathetic.

Admiring injuries and posting videos of him getting hit are two different things. The only admiring going on was Jiri and his passes. I don't find it ironic that he was the victim of probably of the two biggest hits I've seen on a Red Wing since I started watching in the late 80's. That being said, I don't like seeing any Wing player get opened up or any player get injured, so in a sense I'm glad he's gone because he was bound to get blown up again. Maybe he'll have better luck in less physical KHL.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

Do you even get the difference between someone being checked in hockey and someone actually dying for a few minutes?

I did not appreciate the "Ha Ha, we lost Hudler, watch him being hurt!" post and am in a surly mood.

I guarantee I will post further overreactions in the future.

Just put me on 'ignore' from now on...

Sorry, but cheering the injury/getting hurt of Hudler, or any other player who just isn't downright hated by every fan/player in the league, is pretty chicken s**t and gutless. Shame on some of you.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Not if he is gonna come back when there is more Cap...

of course you didn't say your were getting rid of #26, just getting a new one for next year...

Hmmmm, whose would be cool to have, without getting the obvious....Hmmmmm.... How about Helm?

Those will never go out of style!

Of course I'm not getting rid of it! It took me a while just to finally decide to buy it since I had gotten my hubby his Cleary one....I couldn't think of spending that much again! But I finally did...and well....DAMN.....I need another one! Helm??? Not sure.....I'm thinking of Z since my 8yr old decided he didn't want that one anymore and now wants a Lids jersey! LOL!

Yea too bad he isn't our player anymore...

Now now now......just b/c he won't be in a Wings jersey next year, doesn't mean he's not one of "ours" (theirs obviously, not mine)...they still hold his rights, technically!

Edited by HudlerFanatic

As a Hudler supporter it feels kinda weird to say that I'm glad he's gone. I wasn't thrilled with what I saw from him in the playoffs. Especially after the Brown hit. I just don't think Hudler addresses enough of the teams needs to warrant a long term deal. Bu-bye.

Yes exactly. why can't people see his time was done here and he got a good offer to go somewhere else and it's not the Hawks ;/ . Good luck to Jiri move on .. dot org. Wings will be fine - no need to 2nd guess Jiri or the Wings. Savor the happy Huds memories.

Of course I'm not getting rid of it! It took me a while just to finally decide to buy it since I had gotten my hubby his Cleary one....I couldn't think of spending that much again! But I finally did...and well....DAMN.....I need another one! Helm??? Not sure.....I'm thinking of Z since my 8yr old decided he didn't want that one anymore and now wants a Lids jersey! LOL!

Z is a safe bet with his 12 year contract.

Nick's will be up there with 9 and 19.

If I wanted to take a risk on a jersey, I'd probably go with Ericsson.

Yes exactly. why can't people see his time was done here and he got a good offer to go somewhere else and it's not the Hawks ;/ . Good luck to Jiri move on .. dot org. Wings will be fine - no need to 2nd guess Jiri or the Wings. Savor the happy Huds memories.

Vetz Go Ved Vingz!!! I'll never forget Happy Hudz drinking a 40 gettin ripped at the parade and saying that classic phrase. It's actually my ring tone, love it.

Sorry, but cheering the injury/getting hurt of Hudler, or any other player who just isn't downright hated by every fan/player in the league, is pretty chicken s**t and gutless. Shame on some of you.

:violin:

Never thought a Red Wing player like Hudler would develope a cult-like status here on these boards.

I suppose it is the whole "under dog" syndrome... I liked watching Hudler succeed despite his size and skating issues -- which led many to believe he would never perform at the AHL level, never mind the NHL level. He was just a goofy guy who obviously loved playing hockey and he was a joy to watch.

I suppose it is the whole "under dog" syndrome... I liked watching Hudler succeed despite his size and skating issues -- which led many to believe he would never perform at the AHL level, never mind the NHL level. He was just a goofy guy who obviously loved playing hockey and he was a joy to watch.

Agree with this assessment. You just couldn't help but pull for the guy to make it.

Agree with this assessment. You just couldn't help but pull for the guy to make it.

Give me a Hudler goal celebration over an Ovechkin celebration any day.... he reminds me of my son at Christmas.

I am sad to see Hudler go. My memory of him will always be his reaction in 2008 finals after he scored that game 4 goal. He was like a little kid on Christmas :cool:

If that money is true, I can't blame someone in his position. It's not like he has made 50 million or something in his career already. I would be glad for him to come back in a year or so if that's possible.

I also agree with the people who say that we got alot out of him for the money we paid him. You may say he's not worth 2.5 or 3 million (I think he is, but we just can't give it to him), but I don't think anyone can say he didn't produce at his old pay. It's certainly a loss in our depth. Depth that has won us championships time and time again.

"don't it always seem to go that you don't know what ya got til it's gone."

Admiring injuries and posting videos of him getting hit are two different things. The only admiring going on was Jiri and his passes. I don't find it ironic that he was the victim of probably of the two biggest hits I've seen on a Red Wing since I started watching in the late 80's. That being said, I don't like seeing any Wing player get opened up or any player get injured, so in a sense I'm glad he's gone because he was bound to get blown up again. Maybe he'll have better luck in less physical KHL.

I guess you weren't watching in 95? Remember Scott Stevens hit on Kozlov?

Neither does Slava.

Good players get caught with their head down sometimes.

Guest Shoreline

The saga ain't ova..

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=284300

DREGER: NHL TAKES ISSUE WITH HUDLER'S KHL MOVE

Jiri Hudler remains property of the Detroit Red Wings and therefore the recent contract he signed in the KHL is being contested.

The National Hockey League has approached both the IIHF and KHL, seeking their intervention.

According to the NHL, Hudler is contractually obligated to the Red Wings for next season.

Hudler, a restricted free agent filed for salary arbitration, which in the eyes of the league is acknowledgement of his intent to play in the NHL next year.

Szymon Szemberg, Communications Director for the International Ice Hockey Federation tells TSN the IIHF is fully involved in the dispute.

"The IIHF has been informed by the NHL about the Jiri Hudler case. Upon, this the IIHF has informed the Russian Ice Hockey Federation about the NHL's position and the case is under investigation. As this is a transfer to an IIHF member league the player will be needing an International Transfer Card (ITC), approved by the IIHF, to complete the transfer. Only upon the IIHF's signing the ITC, the transfer would be finalized and approved," Szemberg said.

Hudler signed a two-yea rcontract with Dynamo Moscow on July 8.

I am trying to remember if anything has changed since Radulov...

The IIHF contested that as well, and he was actually under contract, but to no avail.

Essentially all they could really do was threaten to suspend him from international play and tournaments.

Edited by egroen