• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snazzy

Chicago fans don't want Hossa

Rate this topic

Why the f*** do bandwagon fans try to pin a loss on one player? Last time I checked, hockey was a TEAM sport. Wow, some people here have 0 intelligence; failed logic. Also, I haven't read any posts from anyone "hating" Hossa (from any thread I read). He was a rental, plain and simple! Get over it!

edit: People need to stop trying to twist bitterness in every ******* thread. It's getting old!

Do you really think_I_ would pin the wings losing on Hossa? Obviously not, but other people have. People wanted his head after we lost to the pens. (but for the most part when I said "for losing the cup for us", I was exaggerating a little) If you didn't read these psts than you either have a failing memory or a very impressive selective reading talent.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Hossa>Havlat

Khabibulin>Huet

Pahlsson>Madden

I agree that Chicago didn't get any better, but you would give Pahlsson the edge over Madden? I also believe if *if* Havlat stays healthy, he is a better asset in the playoffs (when it matters). If Chicago get rid of Sharp for a lesser player/cheaper salary, then they have become a less threat of a team -overall- from last year. Not even talking into account that their management self destructs.

I agree that Chicago didn't get any better, but you would give Pahlsson the edge over Madden? I also believe if *if* Havlat stays healthy, he is a better asset in the playoffs (when it matters). If Chicago get rid of Sharp for a lesser player/cheaper salary, then they have become a less threat of a team -overall- from last year. Not even talking into account that their management self destructs.

Neither one of them put up very good stats last year. Madden had something like 7 goals, but i think he was a -8 on a pretty good New Jersey team. Pahlsson had 7 goals and a -17 while playing the majority of the season on a Ducks team that played quite poorly for a good portion of the year. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I'd rather have a 32 year old Pahlsson in the playoffs than a 36 year old Madden.

I agree with you about Havlat and Hossa. If Havlat stays healthy in the playoffs, he'd be a bigger asset than Hossa. So, why are so many people automatically putting the Hawks in the Finals? I don't get it. Yes, they are young and talented, but I would argue that they aren't as good as they were last year. And then next summer, they will lose Keith to the Wings.................. (i wish)

I have said it all along, the Hawks did not improve on their mediocre D and definitely lowered their standard with Huet from Khabibulin. I'm not sure how the rules work in the NHL regarding RFA's, but once the season starts, I do not believe a team can negotiate with an RFA. UFA's are a different story, as were the examples of Zetterberg and Franzen. Some one please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am correct, tension definitely will be building in Chi as the year progresses. Just like Babcock said regarding Toews and Kane. If they are not playing Detroit, he wants them to score and score often. That will drive their prices up, making it less likely they are able to sign with Chi again.

imagine we got Patrick Sharp?

he shoots right and is defensive

could play on a line with Cleary?

Would be dynamo. But Hawks would be insane to work a deal with us (unless it makes us weaker and them stronger). -perhaps a 3-way deal? Doubtful.

Would be dynamo. But Hawks would be insane to work a deal with us (unless it makes us weaker and them stronger). -perhaps a 3-way deal? Doubtful.

There's a lot of idiotic talk on here about how Chicago is doomed this season because of their management changes and loss of Bulin but that's just wishful thinking by those of us who are worried about the Hawks next season. The fact of the matter is, we found out in Game 5 that Huet can hold his own when he's #1 and we also saw some great showings by the Hawks without Havlat (unless you count Game 4 which was a disgrace to hockey). So even if Hossa does disappear in the playoffs they obviously have the depth to carry on.

If they lose Sharp though, that team will crumble. Mark my words, if they trade Sharp away they can kiss the WCF goodbye and I don't see them with another 100+ point season. Sharp is easily the most underrated player they have. If they lost him it would make me feel a lot better about playing Chicago this year.

There's a lot of idiotic talk on here about how Chicago is doomed this season because of their management changes and loss of Bulin but that's just wishful thinking by those of us who are worried about the Hawks next season. The fact of the matter is, we found out in Game 5 that Huet can hold his own when he's #1 and we also saw some great showings by the Hawks without Havlat (unless you count Game 4 which was a disgrace to hockey). So even if Hossa does disappear in the playoffs they obviously have the depth to carry on.

If they lose Sharp though, that team will crumble. Mark my words, if they trade Sharp away they can kiss the WCF goodbye and I don't see them with another 100+ point season. Sharp is easily the most underrated player they have. If they lost him it would make me feel a lot better about playing Chicago this year.

Huet has never won anything and the Hawks D is still average at best, albeit overpaid, too. Hawks are going to score goals similar to last year, but they are going to give up as many, if not more this year. Huet had A good game in game 5. . . and lost. Quite honestly, I think if the Wings are successful in tightening up the D and improving the PK, the Wings take the Central again. I will be concerned if the Wings have a slow start and face an uphill, difficult battle for the division. . . I just don't see it. Babcock usually has this team prepared and the tone for the year is set in Oct and Nov. While everyone is trying to figure out their chemistry, Wings rack up the wins and the points. I do not think the Hawks are in the same class as the Wings. I thought they might in the near future, but they s*** the bed with their numerous signings this off-season, IMO.

He's gone. Get over it. Sour grapes has never been a forte of mine, so I'll just say this. I liked Hossa in the regular season, I think he sucked in the playoffs. It would have been nice to keep him, but not for the money he needed.

I wish him well.

You'd think we'd be able to just leave it at this but unfortunately the thread will probably go on for another couple weeks.

Huet has never won anything and the Hawks D is still average at best, albeit overpaid, too. Hawks are going to score goals similar to last year, but they are going to give up as many, if not more this year. Huet had A good game in game 5. . . and lost.

Let's hope you're right. If the Hawks are indeed worse this year than last year then it makes me wonder why there's so many threads about them on the general discussion board.

This is Chicago's "watershed" year, with Kane, Toews and Keith all earning pennies.

Much like last year was for the Red Wings.

However, if you thought this off-season was bad for the Wings... holy crap are there going to be some pissed off Hawks' fans next summer.

That team is going to be gutted worse than William Wallace.

This is Chicago's "watershed" year, with Kane, Toews and Keith all earning pennies.

Much like last year was for the Red Wings.

However, if you thought this off-season was bad for the Wings... holy crap are there going to be some pissed off Hawks' fans next summer.

That team is going to be gutted worse than William Wallace.

The more I look at it, the more I like what Chicago is doing. Obviously it sucks that they're most likely going to lose Kane or Towes next year as well as a couple other guys, but they secured their depth for a while and at least have a foundation to work off of for the next couple years. What's interesting is they managed to make 11 of 14 free agents next year RFA's, and they're using that to their advantage. Instead of a Kane/Towes combo, they go for the Towes/Hossa combo + draft picks for Kane to help out the future. It's going to be messy for sure, but I think there's a method to the madness.