• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amsoil33

Kessel to San Jose

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

This would be interesting who they'd get in return if this is even true. I doubt Thornton would want to go back. Maybe Marleau?

Edited by Shoreline

Marleau would have to waive his NTC, though. Not saying he wouldn't, but just saying.

This is the kind of stuff the sharks should be doing, so it's totally false because they never make any real improvements lol.

Guest Shoreline
Marleau would have to waive his NTC, though. Not saying he wouldn't, but just saying.

That isn't as much of an obstacle for most teams as it once was. Plus, it's been widely known since the Sharks early playoff exit that Marleau and Cheechoo would be shopped around.

Eklund posted this 9 hours ago. Not one single hockey blogger on the net is willing to pass it along or even mention it.

Shouldn't that tell you everything you need to know? Why does anyone even read hockeybuzz? All he does is post s*** from legitimate bloggers/writers and pretend he thought of it. I'm willing to bet that every single thing he types that turns out to be true can be traced to another internet source, not his special inside sources.

I have been looking all over hockey world for this deal, and nothing. Even xm isn't reporting it, and they are typically quick on this stuff.

Cause it's not true, duh! :D

Edited by rage

Its called Eklund wants hit to his site to make money.

This guy is just laughing. People just keep flocking to his site. :shakeshead:

But without validating his story, I have heard, loosely in the past that the sharks were interested in him, but I`m sure a lot of other teams were too. The cap thinkers in SanJose and Chitown are going to have lots of work to do over the next year.

...off the topic slightly, in regards to the hawks, sure they are going to have lots of firepower this year, but with all that talent I cant wait for their team defensively (especially in goal) to break down sometime in the playoffs, while we move on (hopefully).

I can see him in his secret lair now brewing up tomorrows bulls*** rumors. He must have a dartboard with all 30 teams and throws "UFA", or "RFA", or "Trade" darts to come up with some of his preposterous deals. He only gets them right after someone else has already posted a deal. I've purposely blocked my own computer from going to his sight just because it's a waste of my time.

...off the topic slightly, in regards to the hawks, sure they are going to have lots of firepower this year, but with all that talent I cant wait for their team defensively (especially in goal) to break down sometime in the playoffs, while we move on (hopefully).

You hit the nail on the head. . . Chi did nothing to help their mediocre D and downgraded, IMO, in the net. If Chi is looking to the playoffs, their highest aspirations will be a #4 seed, and that may not come as easy as they originally thought. I love hearing the reasoning from Hawks fans, "when we dump Campbell's salary. . ." Uh, not gonna happen. . . whatever GM is dumb enough to pick up that albatross of a contract should get fired within the hour of picking it up.

You hit the nail on the head. . . Chi did nothing to help their mediocre D and downgraded, IMO, in the net. If Chi is looking to the playoffs, their highest aspirations will be a #4 seed, and that may not come as easy as they originally thought. I love hearing the reasoning from Hawks fans, "when we dump Campbell's salary. . ." Uh, not gonna happen. . . whatever GM is dumb enough to pick up that albatross of a contract should get fired within the hour of picking it up.

They replaced Havlat's 29 goals with Hossa's 40 but the lost Hossa for 1/3 of the season. So the goal scoring is more or less a wash.

They downgraded from Kabibulin to Huet.

They added John Madden who scored 7 goals and was a -7 last year.

They added Kopy and well....

They fired their GM and placed him with a guy that's never done the job before.

I'm not sure what they did that makes them better than last year.

Am I missing something?

Phaneuf to Wings? (e5)

According to sources within the Calgary Flames organisation, the Detroit Red Wings are willing to part with D Nicklas Lidstrom and C Henrik Zetterberg to obtain the services of D Dion Phaneuf. Remember, you heard it here first!

:lol:

This site is kinda new....

http://www.hendrickshockey.com/

But they had this on the Kessel situation.

One of my sources just got back to me. He has told me those Kessel rumors are 100% False and also added "It will not happen". Adding to it he said Boston will definitely re-sign Kessel after they clear cap space. This leads me to believe the Bruins are actively trying to make a move, speculation as of right now though.

They replaced Havlat's 29 goals with Hossa's 40 but the lost Hossa for 1/3 of the season. So the goal scoring is more or less a wash.

They downgraded from Kabibulin to Huet.

They added John Madden who scored 7 goals and was a -7 last year.

They added Kopy and well....

They fired their GM and placed him with a guy that's never done the job before.

I'm not sure what they did that makes them better than last year.

Am I missing something?

I agree with most of what you said, but I wouldn't say that Hossa's goal scoring is a wash. They'll make the playoffs one way or another. As long as Hossa is scoring at a 40 goals over 80some game PACE when he returns, then they'll have him and his scoring when it REALLY counts..the final 2/3s and the playoffs. Now..if he goes cold in the playoffs like he did a bit with us...then who cares :P

Overall, I do think that Chicago is better off this year than last..but I can't see that what they did with their GM as working out for the better in the future. The goalie situation MAY hurt them a little in the long run, too..unless he pulls out a Mason-type season as a lot of first time #1 goaltenders seem to do for ONE year whenever it is most inconvienant for us. Khabibulin and Huet actually have very comparable career SV % and GAA numbers over their career and sort of last season....so who knows. Khabibulin obviously has more experience as a #1 but Huet did play I believe 41 games in the regular season and plenty in the playoffs so he should feel fairly comfortable in making the transition.

Frickin' off season....