• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fill-a-pulla

Hudler re-signed?

Rate this topic

So Hudler signs a hometown discount with Holland right before the arbitration meeting, but is still going to Russia for two years - when he gets back he only wants to play in Detroit.

That's a pretty sweet deal, actually. Most likely, Hudler will be worth a heck of a lot more than that in two years.

And by the way - for you maroons who "wouldn't sign Hudler to anything over $2m" -- Zherdev, whom had a virtually identical point total to Hudler (23 goals, 58 points), was just awarded $3.9m in arbitration. Hudler just gave Holland an awfully nice show of faith and showed some gratitutude to the Wings.

Edited by egroen

Guest mindfly

I hope the fans at JLA will boo him if he returns, greedy bastard... how could anyone wanna live in communist russia instead of the land of the free and the home of the brave country in the west? ridiculous!

Its funny because a couple months ago when I was thinking about how the Wings could retain everybody I kept thinking "If only Hossa or Hudler or Franzen or somebody agreed to play with another team until the Wings' cap-mess clears up in the upcoming seasons, then agrees to come back after we can move some money around to afford everyone". This is better than I could have imagined, as Hudler won't even be playing against the Wings while he is gone, and he is obliged to play for us at a good price should he return.

Call up Comrie or Prospal!

Now, finally, the Hudler fiasco is FINISHED. Time to sign a FA Kenny!!! I can't take another minute of this unbelievably s***ty offseason!

Prospal, Bertuzzi, Pyatt. Those are my top 3.

Grier for some hard working depth, Prospal to replace Sammy. Not gonna happen but that's about the only two players I would actually want to play for us. I could be convinced to like Bertuzzi again but I'm a bit nervous about his physical condition at this point.

I hope the fans at JLA will boo him if he returns, greedy bastard... how could anyone wanna live in communist russia instead of the land of the free and the home of the brave country in the west? ridiculous!

lol, this is a wind up right?

Edited by FifeHockeyNut

nice... if Williams signs i'm gonna be so0o0o0o0o0o pumped UP totally cant wait for the season to start we're gonna be da best

Screw that. Hop on the train, buy a coat for the winter, and have fun in Moscow!

I hope so, I wouldnt want his ass back after this KHL debacle.

Hudler obviously doesn't know what restricted free agency is. He said he wasn't obligated to anything.

God I hope he won't be back. Please go to Moscow and never return, please, please, please!

f hudler, i dont even want his pansy ass to play for the wings

Honestly, I'm losing more respect for Hudler by the day.

If idiots could fly this place would be an airport.

Guest Crymson

Way to go---you've just called people idiotic for their opinions on a hockey matter. Have you ever been informed that all opinions are subjective?

For the record, I don't want Hudler back either.

I think people are missing the positive spin on this. The possible upside is that our cap situation will look better in two years, Hudler will be a better player and we'll have him for under 3 million dollars. Of course it could be the complete opposite, but let's not be negative on LGW... oh... wait...

Yeah totally bro, I should be happy that the soft little winger signed a friggin contract a week after he signed in Russia. I've never liked Hudler, and am glad to see him go. But I'm an idiot because of that, sweet.

I mean, not like a message board is a place where people can debate over opinions, this board doesnt discuss much anymore, just everybody s***ting on each other over whatever the topic at hand is.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Guest Crymson
Yeah totally bro, I should be happy that the soft little winger signed a friggin contract a week after he signed in Russia. I've never liked Hudler, and am glad to see him go. But I'm an idiot because of that, sweet.

I mean, not like a message board is a place where people can debate over opinions, this board doesnt discuss much anymore, just everybody s***ting on each other over whatever the topic at hand is.

Such is behavior pretty par for the course for the fellow in question.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...hudler_two.html

Arbiter awards Jiri Hudler two-year $5.75 million contract with Red Wings, still Russia-bound

by Ansar Khan

Monday August 03, 2009, 11:16 AM

Jiri Hudler was awarded a two-year contract worth $5.75 million ($2.75 million the first season and $3 million the second season) through arbitration. That is the contract he must honor if and when he returns to the NHL, as the Red Wings will maintain his rights.

But it has no bearing on the two-year, $10 million (tax-free) contract Hudler signed with the Russian league's Moscow Dynamo on July 8. The 25-year-old forward will play in Russia next season. The Wings hope he will return in a year or two to play for them.

In effect, the Wings and Hudler agreed to the deal before last Thursday's arbitration hearing. But lawyers for both sides still went through the process. Hudler didn't want the Kontinental Hockey League to think he got an NHL contract through negotiation, possibly jeopardizing his deal with Dynamo. He wanted it done through arbitration, since the KHL has taken the stance that restricted free agents, even if they file for arbitration, don't have a contract and are thus free to sign in Russia.

The Wings aren't sure if Hudler will ever return to the NHL, but they believe his KHL contract contains an out clause after one year.

"We'd like to have Jiri in a Red Wings uniform this year, but ultimately we negotiated a number we could live with,'' Wings general manager Ken Holland said. "We think this deal is the best deal we could have hoped for in an arbitration hearing.''

Hudler eventually will be placed on the suspended list and his salary won't count against the cap.

The Wings have between $2 million and $3 million under the cap, depending on a number of variables (whether Andreas Lilja is ready to start the season, whether Justin Abdelkader will start the season in Grand Rapids, whether they trade a defenseman). Holland said he continues talking with agents in an effort to sign one or two forwards before training camp.

They have a one-year offer on the table to Jason Williams, who continues to explore other options.

Other offensive-minded forwards available include Alex Tanguay, Petr Sykora, Todd Bertuzzi, Mike Comrie, Vinny Prospal, Maxim Afinogenov and possibly Mats Sundin. Also, if the Rangers walk away from Nikolai Zherdev's arbitration award (one year for $3.9 million), he will become an unrestricted free agent and might draw interest from the Wings.

There it is plain & simple.

I will miss him....I know so many of you won't and that's ok.

At least I won't have to defend his scrawny butt next season! That means no arguments with Left Winger....damn, what ever shall I do?! :P

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...hudler_two.html

Arbiter awards Jiri Hudler two-year $5.75 million contract with Red Wings, still Russia-bound

by Ansar Khan

Monday August 03, 2009, 11:16 AM

Jiri Hudler was awarded a two-year contract worth $5.75 million ($2.75 million the first season and $3 million the second season) through arbitration. That is the contract he must honor if and when he returns to the NHL, as the Red Wings will maintain his rights.

But it has no bearing on the two-year, $10 million (tax-free) contract Hudler signed with the Russian league's Moscow Dynamo on July 8. The 25-year-old forward will play in Russia next season. The Wings hope he will return in a year or two to play for them.

In effect, the Wings and Hudler agreed to the deal before last Thursday's arbitration hearing. But lawyers for both sides still went through the process. Hudler didn't want the Kontinental Hockey League to think he got an NHL contract through negotiation, possibly jeopardizing his deal with Dynamo. He wanted it done through arbitration, since the KHL has taken the stance that restricted free agents, even if they file for arbitration, don't have a contract and are thus free to sign in Russia.

The Wings aren't sure if Hudler will ever return to the NHL, but they believe his KHL contract contains an out clause after one year.

"We'd like to have Jiri in a Red Wings uniform this year, but ultimately we negotiated a number we could live with,'' Wings general manager Ken Holland said. "We think this deal is the best deal we could have hoped for in an arbitration hearing.''

Hudler eventually will be placed on the suspended list and his salary won't count against the cap.

The Wings have between $2 million and $3 million under the cap, depending on a number of variables (whether Andreas Lilja is ready to start the season, whether Justin Abdelkader will start the season in Grand Rapids, whether they trade a defenseman). Holland said he continues talking with agents in an effort to sign one or two forwards before training camp.

They have a one-year offer on the table to Jason Williams, who continues to explore other options.

Other offensive-minded forwards available include Alex Tanguay, Petr Sykora, Todd Bertuzzi, Mike Comrie, Vinny Prospal, Maxim Afinogenov and possibly Mats Sundin. Also, if the Rangers walk away from Nikolai Zherdev's arbitration award (one year for $3.9 million), he will become an unrestricted free agent and might draw interest from the Wings.

There it is plain & simple.

I will miss him....I know so many of you won't and that's ok.

At least I won't have to defend his scrawny butt next season! That means no arguments with Left Winger....damn, what ever shall I do?! :P

MODS-can you merge this one and the other with the actual data $5.75M deal......????? Please.....