• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimaline312000

Did you go see the Cup?

Rate this topic

Saw yesterday on the News and in the Newspaper that Grand Haven Native Day Bylsma the Head Coach of the 2009 Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins (God it killed me to say that) brought the Stanley Cup home to Grand Haven for his Day with Stanley. I was just wondering if any of you on here went to see it? I sure didn't of course, I'm somewhat happy for Dan being that he is from Michigan and all but I would have loved to have seen Abdelkader bring it back to Mona Shores/ Muskegon a hell of a lot more.

Thoughts, comments, complaints...... etc.......

I thought it was a little strange bringing the cup back to the state who's fans are of the team you beat... at home.... in game 7..... (insert conspiracy theory here). Grats to him with his success with the Penguins but I don't think I'd go to his celebration even if someone payed me.

I thought it was a little strange bringing the cup back to the state who's fans are of the team you beat... at home.... in game 7..... (insert conspiracy theory here). Grats to him with his success with the Penguins but I don't think I'd go to his celebration even if someone payed me.

He grew up in the area.

Saw yesterday on the News and in the Newspaper that Grand Haven Native Day Bylsma the Head Coach of the 2009 Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins (God it killed me to say that) brought the Stanley Cup home to Grand Haven for his Day with Stanley. I was just wondering if any of you on here went to see it? I sure didn't of course, I'm somewhat happy for Dan being that he is from Michigan and all but I would have loved to have seen Abdelkader bring it back to Mona Shores/ Muskegon a hell of a lot more.

thanks,you all are too kind ! I figured I would bring it back to Grand Haven this year because next year when I get it for a day I want to take it my favorite fishing spot.

I'm from Grand Haven and the only reason I would have gone is to (wear my Wings jersey) boo him and the other Red Wing traitors that we're lining up to see him for 3 blocks.

Not worth the drive from Kalamazoo though or being arrested.

Edit: (I should also add I've met Bylsma (nice guy) and actually have a signed picture of him when he played for Anaheim, but I'm sorry, f*** with my team and your on my s*** list).

Edited by Louisville

I'm gonna be sick..... How come whenever I'm successfully repressing that Gary's Penguins won the cup, let alone over my Wings, someone needs to post a topic or sneak a clip of Sidney with the Cup into a Gatorade commercial?

Seriously, get out of my head...

I'm from Grand Haven and the only reason I would have gone is to (wear my Wings jersey) boo him and the other Red Wing traitors that we're lining up to see him for 3 blocks.

Not worth the drive from Kalamazoo though or being arrested.

Edit: (I should also add I've met Bylsma (nice guy) and actually have a signed picture of him when he played for Anaheim, but I'm sorry, f*** with my team and your on my s*** list).

don't you have anything else going on in your life to feel the need to express these sentiments ?

When Kunitz got the cup with the Ducks he brought it to my small hometown bowling alley / sports bar. I suspect he'll do it this year since he went to our college (Ferris State). I didn't go see it when the ducks got it and I doubt I'll see it if he brings it back. I have no interest in seeing a tainted cup. My qustion to Kunitz would be "who did Malkin blow to not get his one game mandatory suspension".

don't you have anything else going on in your life to feel the need to express these sentiments ?

I have plenty going on my life, thanks for asking, except I just so happen to have the free time to be on a Red Wings board responding to a topic of Dan Bylsma coming to Grand Haven.

Was I off topic? Did I miss something here?

Nope, now that that's cleared up, don't you have a lot going on right now besides trolling a Red Wings board? Go back to Pittsburgh, or at least go back to their fan site where they will stroke your ego.

Nope, now that that's cleared up, don't you have a lot going on right now besides trolling a Red Wings board? Go back to Pittsburgh, or at least go back to their fan site where they will stroke your ego.

yeah I know what your talking about.I'm watching that other Championship team on TV right now......

Edited by Dan Bylsma

yeah I know what your talking about.I'm watching that other Championship team on TV right now......

Was this supposed to be a clever response? If so, pretty pathetic and I feel sorry for how stupid you are.

Was this supposed to be a clever response? If so, pretty pathetic and I feel sorry for how stupid you are.

just a fact,and I feel sorry for you for being mired in hate and unhappiness.....

yet another thread that brings back useless users to this board. Enough with the posting of topics that drum up Pitts fans. Sheesh!

When you get it next year? Wait, what about thenext 100 after that? Because we all know that Crosby is a God and he is better than all 29 other teams players combined and he is so nice h even cleans the Cup for Uncle Gary! I Dicksby, you missed a spot, oh wait that is on your nose, whats that hanging from you chin, is that hair gel?

Hey Bylsma, need we remind you that instigating a fight in the last 2:00 minutes of a game is an AUTOMATIC suspension. Oh and swinging your stick at someones head is a gross misconduct penalty as well. Your Cup is tainted, it was givin to you, you earned nothing. Suspend the Jonas Brother for game 3 and Wings win in 5.

Sorry guys, now we are gonna see a response saying how bitter and jealous I am because of how much I actually want Kathy Lee to be on the Wings....

yet another thread that brings back useless users to this board. Enough with the posting of topics that drum up Pitts fans. Sheesh!

When you get it next year? Wait, what about thenext 100 after that? Because we all know that Crosby is a God and he is better than all 29 other teams players combined and he is so nice h even cleans the Cup for Uncle Gary! I Dicksby, you missed a spot, oh wait that is on your nose, whats that hanging from you chin, is that hair gel?

Hey Bylsma, need we remind you that instigating a fight in the last 2:00 minutes of a game is an AUTOMATIC suspension. Oh and swinging your stick at someones head is a gross misconduct penalty as well. Your Cup is tainted, it was givin to you, you earned nothing. Suspend the Jonas Brother for game 3 and Wings win in 5.

Sorry guys, now we are gonna see a response saying how bitter and jealous I am because of how much I actually want Kathy Lee to be on the Wings....

Kathy Lee? Will she play on the grind line? Make it happen Kenny!

Don't be sorry, I couldn't agree more about what you said. I still don't believe the Pens earned that Cup. I'm sorry for posting this topic. It's just I was reading the article about over 1,000 people showed up to Congratulate Bylsma and kiss his ass and all of that. I'm sure that Dan Bylsma is a nice guy and this is not an attack on him in any way. I just wanted to know if anyone would jump on the bandwagon just because the Cup is in the state. I had a feeling most of you would feel this way but I still wanted to know.

Call it jealousy or bitterness or whatever you want to call it but I really don't believe that Dany Bylsma or the Pittsburgh Penguins will repeat as Champions...... However if any team is going to do it in this post Cap era it wouldn't suprise me that Little Boy Crosby sucks Bettmans dick enough to become the first Back to Back Champions since the Wings in 97/98.

I went. It was pretty neat, he went by on a charter boat holding it up first, then they went and I assume cleaned it up and brought it out to the marina. the line was pretty long, I waited about an hour (mainly due to people cutting in line <_< ) He was really nice. I saw the White gloved cup guy too haha.

I wore my Abdelkader shirt and there were plenty of people there with wings shirts, hats, jerseys, etc. I am pretty sure any Wings fan who was there was there to see the CUP or to congratulate Bylsma since his team won. Not to pretend they were Pens fans or disown the Red Wings. Really glad it wasnt worth your time to come back, we wouldnt have wanted you here anyways.

I went. It was pretty neat, he went by on a charter boat holding it up first, then they went and I assume cleaned it up and brought it out to the marina. the line was pretty long, I waited about an hour (mainly due to people cutting in line <_< ) He was really nice. I saw the White gloved cup guy too haha.

I wore my Abdelkader shirt and there were plenty of people there with wings shirts, hats, jerseys, etc. I am pretty sure any Wings fan who was there was there to see the CUP or to congratulate Bylsma since his team won. Not to pretend they were Pens fans or disown the Red Wings. Really glad it wasnt worth your time to come back, we wouldnt have wanted you here anyways.

This. I'm from Grand Haven too, and whether you are happy the Pens won or not (which obviously none of us Red Wings fans are), you still have to be respectful. Dan brought it back to his hometown to share. The celebration was more about him than the Penguins. To boo him would be completely uncalled for. Plus, since you were going to wear your Red Wings gear, you would prove some people right in saying that the Wing's fans are as classy as Philly fans. Glad you stayed away.

thanks,you all are too kind ! I figured I would bring it back to Grand Haven this year because next year when I get it for a day I want to take it my favorite fishing spot.

Did you forget you just took it fishing??? why do the same thing twice?

I'm from Spring Lake which is pretty much grand haven and i did not go see the cup. I love seeing the cup but i had already talked to dan before he had his day so i did not need to go see the tainted cup too. A lot of ppl were jumping on the penguins bandwagon around GH "cuz of dan" It was stupid and really annoying. Trust me I'm happy for dan, but not that happy. THe man got his deserved cup and that's all he needs to get as long as he's not a part of the wings organization.