• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

The Bertuzzi & Moore incident

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterbergFourty

This whole incident is absurd. Bertuzzi did too much apoligizing if you ask me. I really dont think he was completely to blame for Moore's broken neck. When I watch the video, I see an Av player jump on both Bertuzzi and Moore with what looks like his entire weight. Just saying, might have something to do with it. I'm not condoning Bert's sucker punch, but not entirely convinced he was soley responsible for Moore's neck injury. Welcome back to Motown, Bert!

When I watch the video, I see an Av player jump on both Bertuzzi and Moore with what looks like his entire weight. Just saying, might have something to do with it. I'm not condoning Bert's sucker punch, but not entirely convinced he was soley responsible for Moore's neck injury. Welcome back to Motown, Bert!

I agree. I think the NHL needs to crackdown on people who pile on injured players, and the funny thing is most of the time it is the injured players OWN TEAM that does it.

Example:

The Blackhawks were more worried about getting revenge on Kronwall for a CLEAN HIT than they were worried about protecting an injured and unconscious Havlat.

The Blackhawks were more worried about getting revenge on Kronwall for a CLEAN HIT than they were worried about protecting an injured and unconscious Havlat.

I was actually scared for Havlat there... those skates were coming awfully close to his face.

I was actually scared for Havlat there... those skates were coming awfully close to his face.

I was freaking out when it happened. I'm a hardcore wings fan, but my first reaction was, "s***, is he OK?" and then when I saw the idiots pilling on top of Havlat I started yelling at the TV screen "WHAT THE %$#%# ARE YOU DOING IDIOTS? THAT GUY GOT KNOCKED THE F*** OUT!"

I couldn't even admire the hit until the feeling in my stomach went away.

Nothing to be ashamed of. And frankly, I did a heck of alot of apologizing after games and such. It's not really the best feeling when you deck somebody. Sometimes, if the person has it coming it feels good. But sometimes you know, afterwards, that what you did wasn't really an appropriate response.

For instance, one game I was getting chippy for whatever reason and after the whistle, i'm skating out of the corner with this guy and he says something to me like "what's your problem or why you trying to start s***"...something to that effect. I don't know what it was but I just didn't like him calling me out. So I two-handed him right there on the spot, right above his skate and dropped him like a sack. Nobody saw it so I didn't even get a penalty. After the game I made a point to go over and apologize to him because it was a dick move.

I think the poster earlier was offended because the pejorative statement was kind of a two hander above the skate, though much like the Bert vs. Mac debate there are much worse examples on this site on a very regular basis.

In short: names like Dorothy are intended to be a challenge of someone's masculinity, either you literally want to equate being feminine to being weak and therefor bad or not.

Do people need to have thicker skin? Maybe, but my friend didn't seem to blow a fuse when Claude became Claudia, because it just seems more -- funny.

Anyway, I don't think you are a particularly big offender or anything, heck the photoshop threads are full of pictures that insinuate opposing players are *** (year after year) ... and I have stopped complaining as I decided I do like this forum and do not want to be censored.

Anyway, it is a big debate here: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57682

and not everyone agrees, but suffice it to say that some people here are pretty frustrated by the attitudes with which such bigoted language comes out. Just understand (you don't have to agree) that some people think its a sucker punch or low blow.

Thats fine if you want to find it offensive but theres really no cause for offense. In the area of toughness he is reffering to its obvious that men have the upper hand. You can be pissed at me if you want but theres a reason guys can't hit girls. Its a natural thing that guys are dominant physically over females. Its because of testosterone and different muscle make ups and all that good stuff. But don't be offended its just a fact of life.

And don't worry this isn't the days of Gordie Howe I don't think anyone will call anyone Dorothy

Matthew Shepard was attacked, tortured, and left for dead on the side of a road in 1998, the Matthew Shepard Act (making attacks motivated by sexual orientation considered to be hate crimes) did not become law in the U.S. until this Summer. It took five tries in Congress before it made it to law!

From amnestyusa.org :

Sexual violence is pervasive throughout the world. Nearly one in four women experiences sexual violence by an intimate partner during her life, and as many as one-third of all girls are forced into their first sexual experience (WHO World Report on Violence and Health, 2002).

Guys do hit girls, and worse, altogether to often.

Tolerating sexist and homophobic language isn't cool; I don't choose to be offended -- I am offended because I am a person of conscience. Don't belittle other posters for "choosing!" She is a good active poster in these boards.

Now, as for "The Hit," I always said, "It just didn't look that bad when I saw it. I've seen million of shots that looked worse." Its kind of like Dale Earnhardt's crash; when I saw it I couldn't believe -- he died in that crash. I'd seen him walk away from so many that were worse.

Not, saying anything else, I don't know intentions, I only know my reaction, and when I saw it I didn't particularly cringe though I saw a sucker punch I didn't see a pile driver.

With Big Mac, I didn't see a sucker punch, but I'm surprised nobody has pointed out the extra knees to the face when Turtle was pinned against the boards.

In the end the cement of everyone's opinions only gets harder over time, but I have actually enjoyed some of the new comparisons.

Remember, thus thread is for discussion of the Bertuzzi/Moore incident. If you want to discuss usage of derogatory terms (specifically anti-homosexual terms) then take hockeysattva's advice and go to the thread linked below, as that topic is already being discussed there...

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57682

Bert made a mistake something we all do. some people just cant let it go was it bad, yeah id probably say it was a heinous act but i pretty sure he regrets what he did. Some people just can't let it go and who knows why, maybe when they look at Bert they feel better about the things they've done in there life.

Some would forgive Charlie Manson for his past " indiscretions" once he wore the Winged Wheel, GO TEAM!!!

What an odd, odd analogy.

BTW, those "indiscretions" of Manson's took the lives of 7 people, one of whom was an unborn baby. Show a little class.

Edited by Electrophile

Guest micah
Ancient history.

Like Konstantinov? get a new avatar, quit living in the past, he's SO 1992.

Like Konstantinov? get a new avatar, quit living in the past, he's SO 1992.

I always kinda suspected that you might be a little slow. That post confirms it.

Now if my avatar had a picture of the limo driver with a line of text calling for his head, then yea, you would have a point. But since it doesn't... you just look dumb. As usual.

One guy comparing the Bertuzzi incident to the Manson family and another comparing it to Konstantinov's limo accident. Pure class.

Edited by Broken 16

...and to get the discussion back on track.

I was disgusted with Bertuzzi when he hit Moore. But he served his time from the NHL. He did what he needed to do to get back in the league, and by this point it looks like he's put his demons from it to rest.

Now he's a Wing again, and I'll cheer for him just like last go 'round.

If Bertuzzi ends up injuring Crosby (legally, and not to the extent of a broken neck), I wonder how many haters will support him again.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing the ice full of opposing helmets and gloves and sticks because Bert smashed everybody (legally).