• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Vancouver aquire Ehrhoff and Lukowich From SJ

Rate this topic

Ok, their defense is going to be pretty nasty next season.... I wonder what this means for SJ tho, it'll be interesting to see who they're clearing the cap space for... Heatley deal coming soon perhaps?

aren't they just clearing room because they cant sign the players they already have?

ouch... Vancouver just became legit...

that D in front of Luongo now?!? there's gonna be some low scoring games in Van this year....

I'm calling it right now - Luongo for the Vezina next season, with a league winning save % and GAA...

aren't they just clearing room because they cant sign the players they already have?

you got it

before this trade they were already a little over 300k over the cap with 19 players..which only includes 10 forwards

looks like they got some youth in san jose...things were looking kinda bleek..still do...i don't know if clearing cap space for heatley is the answer. but if the sharks do get danny then big joe is gonna be on fire next season...playoffs are always a different story for the chokes, i mean sharks.

Vancouver is already solid on defense, unless they have more injuries like they did last year.

These moves don't really make them that much better. They're not very deep at forward right now and Luongo sucked in the playoffs against Chicago.

They're not a team I'm worried about. To me they're like the Sharks. Call me when they become a perennial playoff force.

I dont know where the Canucks are gonna put all these guys, they are about 8 NHL defenceman deep now.

Salo-Edler

Mitchell - Bieksa

Obrien - Lukowich/Erhoff/Schneider

Wow..good crew of d men !!

Vancouver is already solid on defense, unless they have more injuries like they did last year.

These moves don't really make them that much better. They're not very deep at forward right now and Luongo sucked in the playoffs against Chicago.

They're not a team I'm worried about. To me they're like the Sharks. Call me when they become a perennial playoff force.

I agree. I don't see this as enough to put them over the top. And if Luongo doesn't learn to play better in the playoffs, it really doesn't matter which 40 year old d-man they sign

Not that big of a story. . . SJ needs cap space and they are not getting Heatley. They have to move more than Heatley's salary to get him on board. Ehrhoff is the upside to the deal, but this doesn't guarantee Luongo seeing less shots. If I recall, SJ dumped in Round 1 (Ehrhoff=6 games, 0 points, -2) and the Hawks made Luongo look very average.

Regarding the Schneider signing. . . he should have hung up the skates after last year, old and slow

Agreed!!! A massive youth movement must be in play for the Sharks. According to Capgeek.com they only have 10 forwards, 5 D, and now its added back up goalie Thomas Greiss to their roster assuming hes called up as Nabokov's backup. They have less than $5M and about 5 spots to fill. Should be an interesting year for the Sharks.

Cap Geek

As for the Nucks their D core looks good, but not great. They have a nice combination of vets and youth with many different attributes. Still no elite puck moving defenseman.

When the Wings and Nucks meet I'm thinking the Wings line of Bert-Flip-Mule is starting to sound better and better. Bert and Mule causing all kinds of comotion while Flip sets up the play, should be fun playing Vancouver this year.