• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

[GDT] 9/16: Flyers, 1 @ Red Wings, 3

Rate this topic

Great game by Meech and Larsson according to the guy who picked the three stars.

Well I'm waiting for Howard to prove he belongs here. One soft goal tonight, but I guess it could've been worse. Still-- Larsson was better.

The Wings will likely keep a short leash on Howard this season. It'll be tough, though, since he can't go to the minors and they won't want to lose an asset like him (former blue chip prospect) for nothing-- especially since goalies are such unpredictable subjects.

Guest DetroitBoy313
announced attendance 15,000+ not bad ..

Wow!! I'm impressed! Great to hear that.I actually had a chance to go today,free tickets too but I had something to take care of instead.Way to go Wings!

The Wings will likely keep a short leash on Howard this season. It'll be tough, though, since he can't go to the minors and they won't want to lose an asset like him (former blue chip prospect) for nothing-- especially since goalies are such unpredictable subjects.

This is why we still have Cloutier around, no? :ph34r:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Also, the whiskey helps.

Especially when it comes to this:

Other than that, they're a couple of tampon vacuums.

If this had come from anyone else mouth... I would be !!shocked!!

I think it has become my favorite new term of endearment.

...and by "endearment" I mean something I will sling at my worst-est of foes.

Edited by e_prime

I'm not the biggest fan of Delmore, but the color guy is ripping him apart. I don't care if you played with Andy Delmore for one year dude. Guess what? He's still playing. You're sitting on your fat ass jealously ripping on him. Douchebag.

+1

Helm will be out for the beginning of the season, would like to see Jeremy Williams in for that time.

Howard better shape up.

GO WINGS!!!!!

Yeah, really...but consider the source, I guess.

Love the Pronger boo birds. I can't wait til he meets up with Milan Lucic in Boston and Milan beats the living s*** out of him.

Lucic won't go after someone bigger then him. Nor will Pronger go with someone who can stand a chance

+1

Helm will be out for the beginning of the season, would like to see Jeremy Williams in for that time.

Howard better shape up.

GO WINGS!!!!!

I have a feeling they might add Abdelkader instead, but anything could happen. I think the issue with Williams is that he's kind of one-dimensional.

I've always been a bigger fan of Larsson. I even think that he could beat out McCollum and Pearce too. The guy is pretty much stone cold when it comes to emotion, and just had injury/conditioning issues last season when his numbers dipped. I'm pretty excited to see how he does after a summer of conditioning training and as the starter.

announced attendance 15,000+ not bad .. compared to all the other US teams, including NY which has 11,000 yesterday. phoenix had 4,000! yet calgary/edmonton yesterday had sold out 19,800!

Problem is so many teams come into their building and run up the score, poor Coyotes.

Hey at least Ritola had a good game.

What do you see his potential as? Many say at best he'll be like a PJ Axelsson.

Ritola. :thumbup: Pleased that he had a good showing today.

I like his story. Wasn't really acheiving much over in Sweden yet the Wings still took a punt and re-signed him. Ever since he's been here he's really worked hard to prove himself and to shake the lazy tag that he arrived with. I love this quote:

"Laziness is not a factor at all. You know what? If I hadn't heard that before he got here, I wouldn't have known that about him. In the time he's been with us, he's worked hard. His upside is probably a third-line guy but he can play the fourth line. He's probably going to play in the NHL".

He's got good size, a good skill level, can play on both special teams and I see him being a very well-rounded player similar to P.J. Axelsson.

I like his story.

He was willing to come to NA and learn a new style. I think that's now a point of emphasis for future Euro picks. How willing are they to come to NA? Are they strong enough to deal with the culture change?