• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

Update from Sweden - Encouraging News on the Z Line

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20090928/BLOG...ls-the-best-yet

Quick update from Stockholm: The Red Wings spent nearly an hour on the ice this afternoon in an effort to stave off jet lag, and Henrik Zetterberg had good news on the state of his groin (ljumsken is Swedish for groin).

"This is the best I've felt since it happened, so that's positive," he said. "We'll see how it reacts to this, and go from tomorrow."

Zetterberg said he'll play in the Wings' exhibition Wednesday at Karlstad if he can. He has yet to play in an exhibition game after hurting his groin because of stepping on Jimmy Howard's stick during training camp.

Mike Babcock joked that coming home may help the healing.

"He gets back to Sweden, maybe smells that fresh air, or something like that, will make him feel better," Babcock said.

Dan Cleary (also groin tenderness) said he'll play Wednesday, and Todd Bertuzzi (ditto on the groin) skated and is probable.

goin injuries happen around the league, ive been having them too, I've been doing 15 min of stretching before playing to combat it.

I have been following this team for over 25 years and I cant remember another pre-season with this many. At least not all at once.

Lazy players not staying in proper shape, or getting prepared for the season in the summer?

Zetterberg's injury happened from an accident involving Howard's stick though.

Bench Howard :lol:

Edited by under_par_00

I have been following this team for over 25 years and I cant remember another pre-season with this many. At least not all at once.

maybe they are just taking more precautions, the groin always seems to be tender early in the year although i would imagine it would be less for a pro player.

maybe they are just taking more precautions, the groin always seems to be tender early in the year although i would imagine it would be less for a pro player.

Its also possible theres so much more media coverage these days that we hear more about injuries than ever before. Still very concerning to me.

Its also possible theres so much more media coverage these days that we hear more about injuries than ever before. Still very concerning to me.

it's also possible that Bert's "groin" is his back and that Cleary's "groin" is his knee...

media coverage and the NHL's loose injury report rules I'm sure have something to do with why we have so many...

Lazy players not staying in proper shape, or getting prepared for the season in the summer?

Zetterberg's injury happened from an accident involving Howard's stick though.

Bench Howard :lol:

Helm was injured tripping over a stick. Watch the sticks.

If Brad May was brought in earlier during training camp we would'nt have this problem. But it is good to hear there all healthy. I hope Bertuzzi puts those Swedish princess' through the glass on Wedsneday, Welcome to the NHL bitchhhhhh (and I say that with respect to our Swedes, who battle and dont play in "elite" leagues)

Anyone notice that there is ZERO promotion of the sweden games on the NHL.com frontpage, but yet they still have the "Nova Scotia" tab show Cindy and the cup with pictures that are months old....

Not sure why everyone continues to try to feed conspiracy theories, but I went to NHL.com today and didn't see anything on Crosby or the Pens. Regarding promoting the Sweden games...why would there be big promotion of meaningless exhibition games? The promotion of this should really be in Sweden, not North America. There is some promotion of the Blackhawks playing there, but their game is happening today, I'm sure you'll see some news about the Wings playing there when they ACTUALLY play tomorrow.

Not sure why everyone continues to try to feed conspiracy theories, but I went to NHL.com today and didn't see anything on Crosby or the Pens. Regarding promoting the Sweden games...why would there be big promotion of meaningless exhibition games? The promotion of this should really be in Sweden, not North America. There is some promotion of the Blackhawks playing there, but their game is happening today, I'm sure you'll see some news about the Wings playing there when they ACTUALLY play tomorrow.

The whole point of the series is that it's SEASON games played in Europe...