• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Does anyone else love this Rick Rypien kid

Rate this topic

Guest Four
Rypien is like 5'9 170 pounds. That's how much Lilja eats every day.

Just because he beat Tina the other night doesn't mean he's ready to move up in weight class.

I find it hilarious that you actually find Lilja to be a good fighter. :rolleyes:

Lilja is a middleweight fighter. He has won some, and has lost about as much. Nothing to impressive about Liljas fighting, he just fights at the right time for the right reasons. Well, most of the time he does, Weber wasn't to good of a choice.

Edited by cjm502

Guest Four
I'm sure that Phaneuf, Begin, Souray, Boll, Sharp and Neil weren't laughing, though. ;)

ROFL, worst post ever.

Versus Phaneuf, Lilja doesn't even get a punch in until Phaneuf falls. Versus Begin, he doesn't even get a punch in, all you see is Begin take him down. Versus Souray, he only gets one hit in when he's falling over, causing both him and Souray to fall. Verse Sharp, he throws a total of five punches and verses Neil, he and Neil throw ONE PUNCH each, before Neil takes him down. The only one you could even consider a "win", is the fight with Boll, where he hit him first and Boll was wobbly the rest of the tilt (although still punching more). I didn't realize how deprived we were at fighting to consider these fights as wins. Brad May throws more punches in ONE fight, than Lilja did in all those fights combined. Saying he won those is like saying Meech should win a norris. No way.

Edited by Four

Example -

vs Carcillo - and this was 2 years ago, before he OBVIOUSLY took boxing lessons - Win Rypien...

As you can hear - Carcillo was injured (bracing on his knee)... Tough to judge that fight...

Still I like Rypien - You can go to hockeyfights.com forum and you will se that my list isn't that bad at all...

Guest micah

People call Rypien a middleweight, but I think they all forger just how small he is.

Rick Rypien: 5'11", 184 lbs

Jiri Hudler: 5'10", 180 lbs.

This dude is Jiri Hudler + a bowl of oatmeal. That's it. One tough, ballsy SOB.

As you can hear - Carcillo was injured (bracing on his knee)... Tough to judge that fight...

Still I like Rypien - You can go to hockeyfights.com forum and you will se that my list isn't that bad at all...

I think I may have come across wrong, I think your list is VERY legit for middleweights, with the exception of Rypien - I just think he is the real deal and deserves to be #1 on that list... other than that, I think you're pretty accurate...

I think I may have come across wrong, I think your list is VERY legit for middleweights, with the exception of Rypien - I just think he is the real deal and deserves to be #1 on that list... other than that, I think you're pretty accurate...

I understand you 100% only thing I'm saying give this kid some time... if he can stay constant 1-2 years then I will have to say yes - but let's be honest, he's no match for Asham or Neil...

Guest Four
People call Rypien a middleweight, but I think they all forger just how small he is.

Rick Rypien: 5'11", 184 lbs

Jiri Hudler: 5'10", 180 lbs.

This dude is Jiri Hudler + a bowl of oatmeal. That's it. One tough, ballsy SOB.

We all know they were being generous with Hudler's size measurements though :P

ROFL, worst post ever.

Versus Phaneuf, Lilja doesn't even get a punch in until Phaneuf falls. Versus Begin, he doesn't even get a punch in, all you see is Begin take him down. Versus Souray, he only gets one hit in when he's falling over, causing both him and Souray to fall. Verse Sharp, he throws a total of five punches and verses Neil, he and Neil throw ONE PUNCH each, before Neil takes him down. The only one you could even consider a "win", is the fight with Boll, where he hit him first and Boll was wobbly the rest of the tilt (although still punching more). I didn't realize how deprived we were at fighting to consider these fights as wins. Brad May throws more punches in ONE fight, than Lilja did in all those fights combined. Saying he won those is like saying Meech should win a norris. No way.

Umm, anytime your opponent s***s his pants during a squareoff, you win the fight, even if no punches land.

Phaneuf lost that fight based on that.

You do realize that Asham got destroyed by Nathan Horton, right?

ROFL, worst post ever.

Your failure to see the constant and blatently obvious sarcasm in GMR's posts is an achievement worthy of 30...maybe 40G on the 360.

Bleh, not a UCF fan. I prefer watching hockey over a bunch of goons throwing punches while on the ice.

If your going to mock something, gotta get the spelling right. And had you actually cared to look, you'd see Rypien is no goon just throwing punches, he's a solid 3rd/4th line mucker who has decent hands and can knock someones block off with them too, should they get too tough.

Guest Four
Your failure to see the constant and blatently obvious sarcasm in GMR's posts is an achievement worthy of 30...maybe 40G on the 360.

Seeing sarcasm on the internet is like seeing aids in person.

Tootoo would tear this guy a new *******. This guy is a lightweight (175 lbs.) and Tootoo is a middleweight (205 lbs). Rypien looks good against all the other scrubs he's fighting, but as soon as he runs into someone heavier, lights out.

Having you say that means that Rypien would probably do well against Tootoo, since everything you say is pretty much the opposite of the truth.

Bleh, not a UCF fan. I prefer watching hockey over a bunch of goons throwing punches while on the ice.

Bleh, not a figure skating fan. I prefer watching hockey, a violent sport with lots of hitting and fighting too over a bunch of ******* doing spins while on the ice.

If your going to mock something, gotta get the spelling right. And had you actually cared to look, you'd see Rypien is no goon just throwing punches, he's a solid 3rd/4th line mucker who has decent hands and can knock someones block off with them too, should they get too tough.

Lol. I don't know how to spell gonoria or beastality either. Probably a good thing because I "mock" it. :) In addition to the aforementioned activities, I also hate UFC... of course I'm not going to look up the spelling on any of these words.

Bleh, not a figure skating fan. I prefer watching hockey, a violent sport with lots of hitting and fighting too over a bunch of ******* doing spins while on the ice.

So basically what you're saying is that you hate Zetterberg and Datsyuk because they have talent, sometimes spin to score goals, yet they don't fight or play extremely physical 60 minutes per night? Nice! What the f*** on you doing here then?

Edited by Snazzy

I'm sorry, I didn't know we had Brian Campbell on our team now.

When did we get him?

Guest micah
So basically what you're saying is that you hate Zetterberg and Datsyuk because they have talent, sometimes spin to score goals, yet they don't fight or play extremely physical 60 minutes per night? Nice! What the f*** on you doing here then?

Mike Babcock says (paraphrased) "Zetterburg and Satsyuk are ******* and are incapable of keepin their team from being abused by stronger men. Because they are so weak, I had to seek out a 50 year old middleweight enforcer just to keep this team from getting bullied. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are not as skilled as Brad May is at seeing to it that this team doesn't get run by other guys who aren't even tough to begin with. Zetterberg and Datsyuk suck and are boring to watch and are soft and very likely closet homosexuals. I wish they could handle themselves on the ice, but they choose to play like boys instead of men so I had to hire them a bodyguard because they are too weak and frail to defend themselves, unlike league superstars Milan Lucic and Jarome Iginla."

Guest micah

It seems that most of the posters here DO in fact love this Rypien kid - that's to be expected though, as polls consistantly show that hockey fans, coaches, and players like hockey fights. It stands to reason that they would like someone who is so skilled at hockey fighting.