• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RyanK

Will You Be Surprised if the Wings dont make the Playoffs?

Rate this topic

Jedi, you cannot be serious as to think that a "discussion" with the assertion that the Wings won't make the playoffs after two games will go on without being completely laughed at.

This is just ridiculous. It's game 2. Game 2. Should we start tanking for the top pick now because of TWO GAMES IN SWEDEN!?!?

Keep the discussion on topic.

Insults, and posts that don't contribute constructively to the discussion will be removed.

How is the OP constructive at all with it being only one word?

Like TheMule says, this is our team, if you don't life it GTFO. Two or Five games does not make a season.

Ill be surprised if they dont make the playoffs but I dont expect a big run unless the goaltending is improved. Osgood and Howard will not cut it.

Based on what? Osgood's performance in the post-season the last two years? His winning percentage his entire career?

What?

Keep the discussion on topic.

Insults, and posts that don't contribute constructively to the discussion will be removed.

How can you not delete the entire thread?

The topic - OP asks himself a question

OP's post - He answers the question

There's no room for discussion or dissent. This isn't a topic for a thread, rather it's a person's musings and having a conversation with himself.

Thread FAIL.

Ok whatever. All of you who live in Red Wings optomistic la la land calling for my thread to be removed are, well, just that. Living in la la land. Take conklin out of the equation last season and where are we at the end of the year? Scrambling to win 6 or 7 games to make 8th seed? Now take a significant part of our offense, and conkin out of the equation and where are we?

Not surprised if the wings miss the playoffs.

Why is that so hard to grasp? Heads too far up red wing ass... thats all it is. They are in fact capable of loosing. Im not basing this on the past 2 games, though they are telling.

I like how I'm the crybaby when I'm the one whos capable of admitting the Wings could loose out this year. Whatever.

Based on what? Osgood's performance in the post-season the last two years? His winning percentage his entire career?

What?

Osgood's miraculous performance in the playoffs last season doesn't mean that every goalie gets a free pass for the entire regular season. Osgood looked bad yesterday and Howard looks worse today. They are still professionals that get paid to play an entire season.

Jedi, you cannot be serious as to think that a "discussion" with the assertion that the Wings won't make the playoffs after two games will go on without being completely laughed at.

It's a discussion board. RyanK is simply stating his opinion that he wouldn't be surprised if we miss the playoffs. Agree with it, or disagree with it all you like, but if you're going to post about it, members are expected to do so in a manner that adds to the discussion.

Taken directly from the Forum Rules...

The LetsGoWings.com Forums boast a wide variety of hockey fans from all ages, walks of life, and places around the world. With that in mind, the goal of these forums is to maintain quality hockey discussion for everyone. The Moderator Staff at LGW.com is specifically instructed to help keep the disourse in the hockey discussion areas free of off-topic banter, thread derailment, or posts that don't add anything to the discussion. Members (or potential members) shouldn't be discouraged from posting due to their team affiliation or the posting style of other members. With that in mind, these measures are being taken to keep the quality of the discussion on the forums at a high standard:

- Members are asked to keep the discussion on-topic in threads. If you want to take the conversation off the topic at hand please do so via the PM system with the member you are conversing with or start a different topic in the appropriate forum. Members that continually violate this rule will have their Hockey Discussion posting privilege restricted.

- Members are discouraged from posting in a thread in which you have nothing to constructively add. Such posts tend to simply clutter up and bloat the size of the thread while also lowering the quality of the discussion.

- DO post constructively. If you can't add anything meaningful to a discussion, don't bother.

- DON'T derail threads. When posting in a topic please keep the conversation focused on what it was intended for. Posts that derail threads will be edited and/or deleted. Members that continually derail threads will have his/her posting privileges suspended.

Seems pretty black and white to me.

That said, the discussion here is about the Wings' playoff chances, not the Forum Rules or their enforcement.

Ok whatever. All of you who live in Red Wings optomistic la la land calling for my thread to be removed are, well, just that. Living in la la land. Take conklin out of the equation last season and where are we at the end of the year? Scrambling to win 6 or 7 games to make 8th seed? Now take a significant part of our offense, and conkin out of the equation and where are we?

Not surprised if the wings miss the playoffs.

Why is that so hard to grasp? Heads too far up red wing ass... thats all it is. They are in fact capable of loosing. Im not basing this on the past 2 games, though they are telling.

I like how I'm the crybaby when I'm the one whos capable of admitting the Wings could loose out this year. Whatever.

You know those players were replaced, right? Every team has movement on it's roster. It's kind of how the league works.

"Lose" not "loose". Most of us know that they are capable of losing, but as fans we don't use the first two games as the measuring stick for the outcome of the season.

Doomsday threads are all too common here, but you seem to have jumped the gun this time. If you are going to post this kind of drivel, you need to prepare yourself for the backlash.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I think the backlash is pathetic. People dont have anything else in life except the Wings winning? Give me a break. Admit it's a possibility.

I'm just not sure how much useful information you can glean from a 2 game sample, essentially playing 2 "away" games in a foreign country with difference, albeit subtle, in the rink and what appeared to be a less than stellar ice surface.

People are going to want to tear you apart b/c to be perfectly honest, your post makes me think of only two words: DRAMA QUEEN

Seriously, 20 games in let's revisit this discussion.

And if you're going to go out on a limb and make a thread like this. Don't half ass it. Be a man and make a bold prediction. What did you do? Saying you won't be surprised is lame. You might as well say you won't be surprised if Cleary doesn't score 20 goals this year. Well......ok? And what's your point?

Like I said, drama queen. It's been 2 games. Get over it and don't be such a potzer. And if you want to ***** and moan, man up and ***** and moan. Don't just tip toe around it with some lame post stating you won't be surprised if they don't make the playoffs.

The backlash is not about the Wings winning or losing.

It's about you creating a crybaby thread because the Wings lost a game.

Wow. I'll say it again. This has nothing to do with the past TWO games. NOTHING! I could have posted this 3 weeks ago. The wings ARE NOT THE SAME TEAM they were last year, and in my opinion, its for the worse. I am simply stating that I won't be surprised if we dont make the playoffs this season, and you are acting like I said baby jesus was a piece of s***. Quit looking for excuses and reasons why you think I would have made this statement. Youre wrong. Based on the mere fact that the wings lost some of their offence, our defense is s***ty, and our goal tending lost the reason we made it last year, im saying I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF THE WINGS MISSED OUT THIS YEAR. For F*ck sake man.

It's a discussion board. RyanK is simply stating his opinion that he wouldn't be surprised if we miss the playoffs. Agree with it, or disagree with it all you like, but if you're going to post about it, members are expected to do so in a manner that adds to the discussion.

Taken directly from the Forum Rules...

Seems pretty black and white to me.

That said, the discussion here is about the Wings' playoff chances, not the Forum Rules or their enforcement.

Jedi, you know I don't normally argue rules with mods...

But this entire thread should have been deleted the moment it was posted. As was stated by harold, the OP asked himself a question and answered it. What are we supposed to do, argue with him as to whether or not he'll be surprised?

You keep saying to keep the discussion on topic. THERE IS NO TOPIC.

Please close and/or delete the thread, k?

Jedi, you know I don't normally argue rules with mods...

But this entire thread should have been deleted the moment it was posted. As was stated by harold, the OP asked himself a question and answered it. What are we supposed to do, argue with him as to whether or not he'll be surprised?

You keep saying to keep the discussion on topic. THERE IS NO TOPIC.

Please close and/or delete the thread, k?

And he's then moved on to posting additional insight behind his point of view. Looks like it's a real discussion to me. And I've fixed the topic title, so there's less confusion.

That said...

ANY further questions regarding the forum rules or enforcement thereof should be done privately via the PM system.