• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RyanK

Will You Be Surprised if the Wings dont make the Playoffs?

Rate this topic

The only way I see the Red Wings not making the playoffs is if Osgood goes down with a long-term injury, and Howard not being capable of filling in at the #1 spot.

:thumbup: Agreed. But I think that any stumble from Ozzie this season could be very costly this year. Remember, Conklin was good for 25 wins last year.

Just further emphasis on how stupid this is. Kirk Maltby is leading our team.

Will you be surprised if Kirk Maltby scores 82 points with 164pim and a plus 41?

Yes, I will be surprised. Two lackluster games half way across the planet are not an indication of how the season will go.

Edited by thedatsyukian

As for the discussion - YES, I would be very surprised if the Wings missed the postseason - as would everyone who watches hockey. This team is good, easily good enough to make the playoffs. These two don't matter all that much, if anything it should put a chip on the Wings shoulder and make them play tougher back home. Lots of these guys had a vacation mentality for this trip, and the play on Friday and Saturday really proved that.

No worries here. I'll wait to see where we are after the first 10.

Don't know what you guys are all crying about.

The guy just asked a question that most people here disagree with it. Bunch of wannabee mods who claim to know forum rules.

The guy hasn't antagonized anyone as far as I know.

I'm not sure if you were reading this right from the start. The original title of the thread was "Will I be surprised if the Wings don't make the Playoffs?". The OP asked himself this question, then the answered it in the original post with the answer "No." That was it. He asked himself a question, then answered. There was no room for discussion or dissent. One question with one answer. Jedi changed the "I" in the title to "You". As I stated in an earlier post, the thread should have been deleted immediately if the title required a change.

That being said, the thread has gone from a useless waste of pixels to a semi-normal thread. There has actually been a discussion that has moved on, and that is a good thing.

I'm contributing.

Don't know what you guys are all crying about.

The guy just asked a question that most people here disagree with it. Bunch of wannabee mods who claim to know forum rules.

The guy hasn't antagonized anyone as far as I know.

It's pretty naive to think that the original poster wasn't going to get roasted. It's just 2 games into the season, teams lose 2 games in a row all the time, and we're talking about a team that has made postseason play for over 15 consecutive seasons. This thread screamed everything about being a doom and gloom panic attack thread.

Guest Crymson
Ok whatever. All of you who live in Red Wings optomistic la la land calling for my thread to be removed are, well, just that. Living in la la land. Take conklin out of the equation last season and where are we at the end of the year? Scrambling to win 6 or 7 games to make 8th seed? Now take a significant part of our offense, and conkin out of the equation and where are we?

Not surprised if the wings miss the playoffs.

Why is that so hard to grasp? Heads too far up red wing ass... thats all it is. They are in fact capable of loosing. Im not basing this on the past 2 games, though they are telling.

I like how I'm the crybaby when I'm the one whos capable of admitting the Wings could loose out this year. Whatever.

I admit that anything is possible and believe that everyone should be open to the possibility.

That said, I also believe that you made this thread because you're a whining defensive-pessimist who'd like to try to vindicate his defensively-pessimistic views. I've some advice for you: if your nerve can't handle a team that loses a few games, don't watch sports and don't dare call yourself a fan of any team.

If the wings didn't make the playoffs this year then I will start believing the 2012 conspiracy. 2 games and I reply to a topic like this. You would think after all the success and wealth wings and their fans have recieved that you would be intellectual enough not to even consider the possibility that the most poise team in the NHL would miss the post season after 2 games.... after 2 f**kin games! unbelievable, it truly is.

edit: "hid" the swear

Edited by Superman54

Guest mindfly

I guess the the capsystem and parity will catch up with wings this season.. maybe its time to have a few mediocre seasons before climbing up and become an elite team again?

Guest Crymson
I said this in the GDT but it bears repeating here - I love this board when we lose a game. We've lost a grand total of 2 games out of 82 that we will play in the regular season and we're already talking about the possibility of not making the playoffs? In October? When they start in April? Of next year?

Allow me to reiterate please: We've played TWO games. TWO. T-W-O. 2. DOS. DEUX. A PAIR. That's it. Please relax.

Remember how things were on here at the start of the '06-'07 season and back in February of '08? Haha. One would think that people learned from such.

I guess the the capsystem and parity will catch up with wings this season.. maybe its time to have a few mediocre seasons before climbing up and become an elite team again?

If the season were 2 games perhaps, but the season is much longer than 2 games.

It's pretty naive to think that the original poster wasn't going to get roasted. It's just 2 games into the season, teams lose 2 games in a row all the time, and we're talking about a team that has made postseason play for over 15 consecutive seasons. This thread screamed everything about being a doom and gloom panic attack thread.

I think it's funny how people are overreacting to an overractive post. :D

You're criticizing the OP for the same thing that you're all doing. Pretty, isn't it?

It seems to me like RyanK wants everybody to realize suddenly that they are putting too much weight on sports to determine the success they have in their lives, which I don't think is the case. Every kid eventually realizes they have no control over the outcome of their team, and I think this is the case for him. Replying is like yelling at your kid for not knowing Calculus.

This isn't directly related Jedi, but I think it will clear up some confusion.

EDIT: I couldn't say it better than Electrophile did in my signature, which I honestly forgot I put there.

Edited by Earthhuman

I think it's funny how people are overreacting to an overractive post. :D

You're criticizing the OP for the same thing that you're all doing. Pretty, isn't it?

Except that he opened himself up wide open for it given the length of a season and the team being so successful year in and year how.

Again, for you and him to expect to not get lambasted is pretty naive and ignorant.

The original poster deserves any bit of criticism thrown his way.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan