• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Franzen out 4 months with torn ACL

Rate this topic

224 posts in this topic

This stings.... Totally gutted (as they would say in the UK).... Feels like the little hope you had for this season is no more....and you have to look for the 2010/2011 season already....

This stings.... Totally gutted (as they would say in the UK).... Feels like the little hope you had for this season is no more....and you have to look for the 2010/2011 season already....

Cue Linkin Park. Emo.gif

If that's your way of asking if I miss the 500 posts for Red Wings Victory threads then the answer is yes. :D

esteef

:lol:

How did you know my true question??? (I miss them too.)

Seriously though, that picture is the only thing that's made me smile since learning about Franzen's injury.

Lebda will have to be moved for this to happen.

Agreed.

Although I will say I thought Meech looked pretty solid last night. I didn't notice him like I usually do Lebda and that's all you really can hope for a third pairing player.

If they're not getting goal scoring and are slipping in the standings they'll make a big move. Having $5.5 million on the books at the deadline is pointless if you can't get into the playoffs.

Move Kronwall + + + + + as many picks as needed for Kovalchuk now. Makes our PP better instantly and gives Datsyuk a guy to play with.

If they're not getting goal scoring and are slipping in the standings they'll make a big move. Having $5.5 million on the books at the deadline is pointless if you can't get into the playoffs.

Move Kronwall + + + + + as many picks as needed for Kovalchuk now. Makes our PP better instantly and gives Datsyuk a guy to play with.

That might be tough. There have been reports out that Kovalchuk is going to stay in Atlanta.

That might be tough. There have been reports out that Kovalchuk is going to stay in Atlanta.

There are also "reports" that hes going to be paid $12 million a season. And "reports" that he wants out and "reports" that hes staying.

What incentive does Atlanta have to keeping a team competitive when they sign Kovalchuk for a decade? If he signs an Ovechkin deal he has no gaurantee with his future. On the other hand, if he goes to a team like Detroit with an owner who fields a competitive team every season and is willing to spend every dime to the cap.

f***. This offense already looked a bit unimpressive.. this sure is gonna make things interesting. Who's gonna step up?

f***. This offense already looked a bit unimpressive.. this sure is gonna make things interesting. Who's gonna step up?

Hopefully Fil. This is his chance to make a statement.

There are also "reports" that hes going to be paid $12 million a season. And "reports" that he wants out and "reports" that hes staying.

What incentive does Atlanta have to keeping a team competitive when they sign Kovalchuk for a decade? If he signs an Ovechkin deal he has no gaurantee with his future. On the other hand, if he goes to a team like Detroit with an owner who fields a competitive team every season and is willing to spend every dime to the cap.

Sounds like you're ready to hit the panic button. Franzen will be back before the playoffs, and if we somehow trade for Kovalchuk knowing Franzen will return, then we're in deep s*** cap-wise. Kovalchuk is out of the question, we have plenty of depth that have shown they can step up (see last year's playoffs).

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Let's do some math...

Last season:

289 goals scored

-Hossa (40g)

-Hudler (23g)

-Samuelsson (19g)

-Franzen (17g since he's gone for half the season)

-Kopecky (6g)

-Lilja (2g)

+Leino (~20g)

+Williams (19g)

+Bertuzzi (15g)

+Eaves (6g)

+Ericsson (~10g)

= 252 goals scored

If we look at the list of goals scored last year that puts us 6th in the league, just ahead of the Sharks. If you eliminate the eastern teams that's good for 2nd. I didn't include Helm in the + list because the guys he'd be pushing aside (Maltby or Draper) aren't any less effective than he is offensively-- so he's a lateral move in terms of offense.

In other words, this isn't as big of a deal as it's being made out to be.

It's worth noting that last season was

{sarcasm ON}

Yeah - Shanny is as useless as a bag of pucks.

{sarcasm OFF}

{sarcasm OFF}

Holland agrees

{sarcasm ON}

Terrible news, just terrible. Lets hope his rehab goes well and he can play before the season is out and be a 'playoff acquisition'. I'm a bit concerned about his massive long term contract though, he's already 29 and an ACL injury isn't a good start.

The Red Wings had the following lines in practice:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Leino-Helm-Williams

May-Draper-Maltby (Eaves working in)

Franzen (out)

Flip with Dats. :thumbup: I also didn't mind Holmstrom playing with Flip at times late last season, brought out the physical play in Flip.

Sounds like you're ready to hit the panic button. Franzen will be back before the playoffs, and if we somehow trade for Kovalchuk knowing Franzen will return, then we're in deep s*** cap-wise. Kovalchuk is out of the question, we have plenty of depth that have shown they can step up (see last year's playoffs).

Franzen tore his ACL. Even if by some miracle he comes back before the playoffs, he wont be in game shape. If Holland can get Kovalchuk he would obviously sit Franzen until the playoffs.

And this isn't a panic button, its the perfect opportunity to get possibly the best goal scorer in the league for a legitimate shot at the cup.

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Pylon

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Very solid top six, possibly the best in the league.

Ohhhh god, the more I think about this; the more I allow the fact that Franzen is out for four months, only if we're extremely lucky, sink into my brain, the more I want to

dwightscreams.gif

Has anyone figured out where he might have gotten injured in last night's game? Did he get hit good along the boards last night? I can't remember.

Are You Serious?????

All Against Chicago?

Yup...home opener for the Hawks in the 07-08 season...Sopel caught him with a knee coming through center (I was there) and then the first time they met last season again in Chicago (Oct 25 I think was the date) and now again last night...

Franzen tore his ACL. Even if by some miracle he comes back before the playoffs, he wont be in game shape. If Holland can get Kovalchuk he would obviously sit Franzen until the playoffs.

And this isn't a panic button, its the perfect opportunity to get possibly the best goal scorer in the league for a legitimate shot at the cup.

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Pylon

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Very solid top six, possibly the best in the league.

Not looking to start a message board battle, but what makes you think you can acquire Kovy, I would think a number of teams would lke to have him and may have a better offer to give. Forgive me if I don't know your farm systmen but is a sure fire prosepct out there that Atlanta would want? Your team will be fine you still have a great blue line and some pop up front but it will make for a tougher season then you guys are use to seeing, good luck..