• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/29 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Oilers 6, (SO)

Rate this topic

I don;t care if its still early in the season. But this team needs a shake up. Trades....something............ The lack of energy is disgusting,...

Going back on the DVR I could have sworn it would be another one of those nights during that swarm on Howard on the first goal and the defense just standing there.

I didn't have a DVR and that's what I saw, too. Poor kid.

The haven't had intensity since the Shanny days.

Physical intensity, no. But the 08 team had skilled intensity. The opponents rarely had the puck because detroit was focused and determined.

Wow. Howard is pathetic - absolutely pathetic.

Granted - he isn't getting a whole lot of help - at all. He is still painfully bad.

You guys can make as many excuses as you need to in order to feel good about this team, but it doesn't change the fact Howard is not NHL caliber. When your team is struggling you need a goalie who can help out - sadly this isn't the case.

I am not making excuses for anyone, I am simply stating what I have been since this past summer - Jimmy Howard sucks.

The haven't had intensity since the Shanny days.

Disagree. In 06-07 the Wings didnt walk into games, they ran in. In 07-08, they were fantastic and a challenge every night, that season was a treat to watch from Game 1 to 100 and whatever, even in Febuary. The past 2 regular seasons have been gross.

Guest Four
Wow. Howard is pathetic - absolutely pathetic.

He's better than you though. ;)

He's playing well, and saving the first shot.. It's the defense that arn't clearing rebounds.

Disagree. In 06-07 the Wings didnt walk into games, they ran in. In 07-08, they were fantastic and a challenge every night, that season was a treat to watch from Game 1 to 100 and whatever, even in Febuary. The past 2 regular seasons have been gross.

Wasn't it in February that they went on that horrible 9 game winless streak? Right around the time that Lappy hurt Lidstrom during that Colorado game.

Sure sucks that we're already down 3-0. But none of the goals can be blamed on Howard. At least he's not letting in softies like Osgood. Wings defense is just playing like complete crap. IMO Rafalski is the most overpaid d-man in hockey.

Howard stumbled on his way across the crease, therefore the 3rd goal was genuinely Howard's fault. That being said, there's no way the Oilers PP should be able to pass THAT freely.

What is going on tonight? :S

does anyone else agree that the May, Helm, Eaves line has been the only line doing anything out there?

we really need to get this goaltending thing dealt with...bring up Larsson and see what happens...Howard does not look like he is ready to play

I still think the Wings will get it together after that terrible period and come out flying and win this game