• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Line Combos sans Filppula

Rate this topic

now that we are without Franzen AND Filppula...our lines are going to need a shake....

maybe something like this?

Leino, Datsyuk, Williams

Cleary, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

Holmstrom ,Draper, Abdelkater

May, Helm, Eaves

I'm LOVING that 4th line by the way....those guys played their ASSES off tonight

any other ideas?

Wait for blueadams. He'll tell us what to do.

ROFLMAO!!!

Yep, and he's gonna be pissed you already posted this thread!

Keep that 4th line together though!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Cleary/Williams/Leino

Eaves/Abdelkader/Bertuzzi

Maltby/Draper/Helm

May

Swap those two and keep our 4th line together that played tonight.

Bertuzzi is more proven than Leino.

now that we are without Franzen AND Filppula...our lines are going to need a shake....

maybe something like this?

Leino, Datsyuk, Holmstrom

Cleary, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

Williams ,Draper, Abdelkater

May, Helm, Eaves

I'm LOVING that 4th line by the way....those guys played their ASSES off tonight

any other ideas?

sounds good cept id rather switch holmstrom and williams. holmstrom is worthless without datsyuk or zetterberg with him

Edited by brett

I liked a bit of what I saw with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi tonight too, though Bertuzzi-Dats-Holmstrom is a recipe for defensive, neutral zone, etc. disaster. Any line with Bert or Homer needs a complimentary winger who can move out there.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes to keep the ZDH line together. They need to get back their chemistry they had 2 years ago. Especially now w/ all the injuries. We need that line to be killer and help us win games.

And by killer, I mean one of the best lines in the entire NHL.

Edited by rage

I'd start with this for awhile but I'd want to see plenty of mix-ups and guys battling for top line minutes.

Leino/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Eaves/Williams/Abdelkater

Maltby/Draper/Helm'

(May)

So you Mix in May here and there depending on how things go. Mix up Bertuzzi and Holmstrom between Z and Dats for as well as Leino and Cleary. As said, I'd love for them to experiment a lot.

I'd like to see a Dats, Z, Bertuzzi line be out there at times.

I'd like to see Jason Williams show how offensively capable of a player he can be and really take charge of a line and raise hell in the offensive zone. They'd be weakest on defense but maybe not awful (how could they be any worse than what we've seen from almost all the lines thus far???) and hell, maybe they find a spark and get something going.

I'd like to see Leino, Eaves and Abdelkater getting opportunities at top line minutes, but I want them to battle for it. I want them to start pushing for a shot on the big lines. All three are capable of scoring goals and this is the best opportunity they're going to have all year to get big minutes.

I'm not worried to be honest. I think this season just got a little more exciting. I really believe that we're going to see a few guys really step up and surprise us.

I'd start with this for awhile but I'd want to see plenty of mix-ups and guys battling for top line minutes.

Leino/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Maltby/Draper/Helm'

(May)

So you Mix in May here and there depending on how things go. Mix up Bertuzzi and Holmstrom between Z and Dats for as well as Leino and Cleary. As said, I'd love for them to experiment a lot.

I'd like to see Jason Williams show how offensively capable of a player he can be and really take charge of a line and raise hell in the offensive zone. They'd be weakest on defense but maybe not awful (how could they be any worse than what we've seen from almost all the lines thus far???) and hell, maybe they find a spark and get something going.

I'd like to see Leino, Eaves and Abdelkater getting opportunities at top line minutes, but I want them to battle for it. I want them to start pushing for a shot on the big lines. All three are capable of scoring goals and this is the best opportunity they're going to have all year to get big minutes.

I'm not worried to be honest. I think this season just got a little more exciting. I really believe that we're going to see a few guys really step up and surprise us.

I like these lines but I'd rather see Abdelkader centre the 3rd and Williams stay on the wing. He seems better when he's got less defensive responsibility and the centre position is the most demanding defensively.

Keep Leino and Datsyuk together-- they seem to have good chemistry and Dats is the perfect guy to get Leino going and help bring his confidence back up. Leino's been playing fine he's just been snake-bit when it comes to posts and missing the net by inches. He's got to be second only to Bertuzzi and Lidstrom in posts lately.

I like these lines but I'd rather see Abdelkader centre the 3rd and Williams stay on the wing. He seems better when he's got less defensive responsibility and the centre position is the most demanding defensively.

Keep Leino and Datsyuk together-- they seem to have good chemistry and Dats is the perfect guy to get Leino going and help bring his confidence back up. Leino's been playing fine he's just been snake-bit when it comes to posts and missing the net by inches. He's got to be second only to Bertuzzi and Lidstrom in posts lately.

I agree totally about Leino. I think Dats is a great match to get him going, but I'd like to see what he could do with Z as well, or Dats/Z/Leino every now and again!

And I get what you're saying about Williams. I think it's worth giving him some time and an opportunity to center. I'm thinking of it as Williams trying to rethink his game and take it up a level and become a more complete player. He's always had a lot of skill but his work ethic has been questionable through the years, he bounced around, ran his mouth, got traded a few times and so on and so forth. But he's older now and he's coming back here after not generating much interest from other teams. This whole season is an opportunity for him and now he's got the chance to take on even more responsibility. He's got the skills to be a much better player than he is and I have little doubt that he could evolve into becoming a stronger defensive player as well.

As far as skill and development, Williams probably has the best shot out of anyone we've got right now to become a solid scoring line center. Abdelkater would be fine, but good enough to not be quickly replaced by Flip without a second thought once he returns? Highly unlikely. He's a rookie. But Williams has been around and he's shown that he has the skills. He's still only 29 as well, so it's not like he's too old to change; he's still got all his assets going strong but he's got a lot more experience too. He's at that point in his career where he knows in the back of his head more than anyone how much he stands to gain from a big opportunity. Could he have it in him to elevate his game? I really don't know, but I think it's worth giving him a shot.

What's the worst that could happen? He flounders in the role so you see what Abdelkater can do. I think you've got to give a guy like Williams a big opportunity though at this stage in the game. If I'm Holland, before I make any trades, I'm giving Williams and others some real opportunities.

Leino/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Maltby/Draper/Helm'

(May)

I wholeheartedly agree. Although I'm sad to see Flip gone as well on the IR, I just feel rather anxious to see what we can do. I'm more pumped at the thought of Leino possibly getting paired with Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

As long as we find a way to win some games, I don't give a rat's ass what the lines are.

Yeah just something to get a spark going on at least one line other than the 4th. Plus (I know it was never really part of the question but) I'd throw Larsson into the mix, he won again last night with a good shut out. Plus more and more I'm liking that plain white helmet, old school but with the wing on the side. But back to the matter at hand, Homer has been impressing me in some games, but definitely not last night, but Burt to me has been consistent and looks sharp.

With that I'd go

Cleary - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Williams - Zetterberg - Leino

Holmstrom - Draper - Abdlekader

May/Maltby - Helm - Eaves

if not then Helm third line centre to get him some more minutes and keep the pressure. Then again it still mostly comes down to chemistry.

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Leino

Eaves-Helm-Draper

May-Abdelkader-Maltby

ZDH line would be nice, but I think that would make us too weak down the middle sadly..

in that scenario, you have to give Dats more speed to work with than that... plus, I just do NOT like Leino on his off wing, he seems VERY uncomfortable there... if we're breaking them up -

Leino-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Draper-Helm-Williams (also better off on their right side)

May-Abdelkader-Maltby

Edited by stevkrause

Guest Lidstromboli
Leino-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Zetterberg-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves (also better off on their right side)

May-Abdelkader-Maltby

it's a cleary sandwich!

With the chemistry, I hate the idea of breaking up ZDH, even without Fil to center the 2nd line... we need at least one bonafide scoring line

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Cleary-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Williams

May-Abdelkader-Eaves