• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wombat

May staying overnight in Calgary

Rate this topic

Hopefully it's just a precaution and there isn't any damage to his eye...

MLive Snapshots blog

May, who took an accidental high stick from Jason Williams while sitting on the Red Wings' bench, is suffering from an injury "in the right eye area" and has to spend the night in a Calgary hospital for observation.

Guest Lidstromboli

dirty hit by williams, that cheapshot artist shouldn't even be playing in the nhl

This isn't good. If he's not traveling with the team then I have a bad feeling. I don't think May would be staying overnight if it wasn't serious. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Eye injuries are nothing to mess with...

Guest micah

This is why we should have TWO tough guys in the lineup every night. If we had Brashear, May's eye would be alright.

He's got the very best medical care with the Wings, so I am sure May will be fine. Very scary, though, anytime it's around their eyes. I bet Williams feels horrible, even though it was a total accident.

You get that many guys with adrenaline and such roiling around, with big sticks involved, and somebody's gonna get their eye put out! :blink: Seriously, get better soon, Brad.

Thankfully, no serious damage!

MLive Article

May had some bleeding in the eye and will be re-evaluated on Monday, trainer Piet Van Zant said, but isn't expected to be out for long, possibly a week.

It could have been a lot worse. I do wonder if they'll make a call up for the week, or just roll out with the 12 forwards they have.

May will be out for 1 week. Even though I like May I think the Wings will do better without him. They need speed and scoring.

The Draper, Helm, Eaves line is the fastest line in the league..... finally together.... I barked about putting that line together a few times.

May will be out for 1 week. Even though I like May I think the Wings will do better without him. They need speed and scoring.

The Draper, Helm, Eaves line is the fastest line in the league..... finally together.... I barked about putting that line together a few times.

I think May's been good on the fourth line. I imagine, based on his interviews, he's real good in the locker room as well. Really the third and fourth lines have been consist and tough to play against. Scoring from those lines is always a plus and desirable, but we need the top two lines to actually pick up the pace, not these guys.

Yeah because a line of Draper Helm Eaves will provide alot of scoring. You need toughness from a 4th line, something we won't have now for a week.