• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miller Brew

Chicago chants "Detroit Sucks" when Hawks play other teams?

Rate this topic

Then, please explain why Chicago fans "bellow" during the playing of the National Anthem; is it because they don't know the words?

Yeah thats it. Get a clue.

It started before this but, the point is, its a tradition. You know, like how you toss an octopus on the ice.

General Schwarzkopf has called it the greatest showing of patriotism he's ever seen. http://espn.go.com/magazine/blackhawks1102.html

"General Norman Schwarzkopf showed tapes of the Stadium at anthem time to his troops in the Persian Gulf."

Don't try to play the disrespect card.

Black Hawk fans chanting, "Detroit Sucks" when playing other teams, is like when Red Sox fans chant, "Yankees Suck" when they are playing other teams too.

If Hawks fans want to do that, I don't have a problem with it, it's a compliment. It means we're a great team.

so whos going to stay and go after this season..cause you know its coming.

Well, per HNIC, this past Saturday, Lebrun reported that Kane and Toews signing is very close and should be reported in the next couple weeks. That leaves Keith and he is just as likely to sign, although he is due a greater raise than Toews and Kane. With talking to people involved in the Blackhawks organization, it appears that the core of Kane, Toews, Keith and Seabrook will remain Blackhawks at any cost. That is, anyone else is basically expendable.

Well, per HNIC, this past Saturday, Lebrun reported that Kane and Toews signing is very close and should be reported in the next couple weeks. That leaves Keith and he is just as likely to sign, although he is due a greater raise than Toews and Kane. With talking to people involved in the Blackhawks organization, it appears that the core of Kane, Toews, Keith and Seabrook will remain Blackhawks at any cost. That is, anyone else is basically expendable.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?tea...amp;season=0910

It's going to be fun for them to figure this one out.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?tea...amp;season=0910

It's going to be fun for them to figure this one out.

There's no doubt some people are going to have to leave. As long as its not KTKS, I'll be happy. Campbell can go as can Versteeg. It'll be interesting for sure. Stan Bowman estimates the cap will go down 1-2 mil next year. There is still alot of work to be done and I think its going to take some hometown discounts to keep the majority of this team together.

edit: grammar mistakes

Edited by pat_honda

TKK is probably around $16 million combined

Seabrook is $3.5

Campbell $7.2

Huet $5.6

That is $32 million tied up in only 6 players.

That leaves only about $24 million for the remaining 18 players? Wow! :scared:

Yea that Hossa contract was a horrible decision for them. They'll have to much money in their forwards.

Another Tampa Bay anyone?

Well, if it weren't for John McDonough, the Hawks would have resigned Havlat at ~5.5 mil per as opposed to 7.9 for Hossa. Hossa is probably better but, I still think it would have been better to sign Havlat at less and use the excess for other players. McDonough is as crooked as the come. Hopefully after Buttman is gone, he will take over the reigns as commish, the league would take off popularity wise exponentially. He is great at marketing and all that other stuff but not good at presiding over a nhl franchise.

How about that Dale Tallon!

Dale wanted to sign Marty Havlat but McDonough through his totalitarian ways forced Tallon to sign Hossa. The cap issues are heavily on the shoulders of McD. He was also behind the Huet signing and Campbell.

Black Hawk fans chanting, "Detroit Sucks" when playing other teams, is like when Red Sox fans chant, "Yankees Suck" when they are playing other teams too.

If Hawks fans want to do that, I don't have a problem with it, it's a compliment. It means we're a great team.

Absolutely. It doesn't bother me when they do it. I think it's lame, but not lame as in it makes me made or something.

Back in October of '98 a few buddies of mine, and I went to a Red Wings game in Chicago...Just as the "Detroit sucks" chant begins - I stood up (mind you I had a few fermented malt beverages in me) and started yelling "Stanley Cups"...My buddies immediatley jumped up, and joined in; within seconds dozens of other Red Wing fans in our section joined in...Before I knew it there must've been a few hundred plus in the sections nearby were all chanting in unison; just about this time the Hawk fans became quiet :lol:

Those FIBS envy us.

Classy.

this thread is an overreaction. Other fans may do whatever they want, without asking opinion from LGW.

P.S Rubbing constantly under noses "how many cups do you have" is a sort of dickwavin too...

Nobody from us "owns" this club and its achievements. Neither I or you are better or worse because of we're following Red Wings.

Sometimes things boil over so it is from time to time good to remind previous sentence.

this thread is an overreaction. Other fans may do whatever they want, without asking opinion from LGW.

P.S Rubbing constantly under noses "how many cups do you have" is a sort of dickwavin too...

Nobody from us "owns" this club and its achievements. Neither I or you are better or worse because of we're following Red Wings.

Sometimes things boil over so it is from time to time good to remind previous sentence.

Thank you.

"Chicago fans are no doubt the worst fans in the league." Coming from a detroit fan, that doesn't mean much considering the rest of the country knows your fans are the worst next to NY and Boston.

Any fanbase that has fans that come onto boards of other teams fans and be audacious enough to say that that teams sucks because they lost 2 games in Sweden after their own team has sucked for decades gets the title of worst fans in the league. We endue this type of s*** regularly from Chitown fans. Yeah, is Chicago a nicer city than Detroit? I'm sure, but the Blackhawks will never have the success the Red Wings have had over the last 2 decades.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Yes Chicago is 12-5-2 without hossa but they are 2-3-1 on the road...granted Detroit is not any better...but they have player more road games...

Also Detroit is 9-3-3 without Franzen and some of that includes without Filppula and without Williams...

so a more injury depleted wings is keeping pace with the Hawks after a butt ugly start to the season.

Things will even out.

Hope to see the Hawks in the playoffs. The 7.14 million dollar man (Campbell) can win us the series with piss poor defense for the second consecutive year.

Any fanbase that has fans that come onto boards of other teams fans and be audacious enough to say that that teams sucks because they lost 2 games in Sweden after their own team has sucked for decades gets the title of worst fans in the league. We endue this type of s*** regularly from Chitown fans. Yeah, is Chicago a nicer city than Detroit? I'm sure, but the Blackhawks will never have the success the Red Wings have had over the last 2 decades.

Who said the wings suck after Sweden? Chitown? its Chicago and its a city. Blackhawks will never have the success the Red Wings have had over the last 2 decades? What are you? A psychic? I'm willing to bet they will have similar success at some point in the future.

Edited by pat_honda

Yes Chicago is 12-5-2 without hossa but they are 2-3-1 on the road...granted Detroit is not any better...but they have player more road games...

Also Detroit is 9-3-3 without Franzen and some of that includes without Filppula and without Williams...

so a more injury depleted wings is keeping pace with the Hawks after a butt ugly start to the season.

Things will even out.

Hope to see the Hawks in the playoffs. The 7.14 million dollar man (Campbell) can win us the series with piss poor defense for the second consecutive year.

Cmon, Williams is not that big of a loss. Franzen and Flip, of course. Hawks have had to endure some injuries as well. Burish, not that huge of a loss, although he brings toughness and energy. Eager just got back 2 games ago. Dave Bolland will be out until the last couple weeks of the season and that is a huge loss, he is a great player for us and being down a second line center is big, even though Madden has been able to fit in nicely to that spot. Hossa hasn't played a game yet. Toews also missed a few games. Better have the injuries occur now than in the playoffs or right before the playoffs.