• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miller Brew

Chicago chants "Detroit Sucks" when Hawks play other teams?

Rate this topic

Pretty good article, actually. In fact, other than the Detroit Sucks part, you could pretty much use it as a guide to watching hockey (changing names where applicable).

So, considering that most of my mom's family is from the Great State of Illinois, and my baby sister lives there... let me get this straight so I don't embarass myself at family reunions...

Chicago yells "Detroit Sucks" as a statement against the city, not against the Wings, eh?

So if the City of Chicago hates the City of Detroit, then we must hear "Detroit Sucks" at Bears games, Cubs games, White Sox games, Lincoln Park, the Chicago Cultural Center, the Harris Theater for Music and Dance, the John Hancock Center, and whatever they call the Sears Tower nowadays, right?

Funny. I had always thought it was a hockey thing. But that would be silly, now wouldn't it?

photo.jpg

Edited by 55fan

Pretty good article, actually. In fact, other than the Detroit Sucks part, you could pretty much use it as a guide to watching hockey (changing names where applicable).

So, considering that most of my mom's family is from the Great State of Illinois, and my baby sister lives there... let me get this straight so I don't embarass myself at family reunions...

Chicago yells "Detroit Sucks" as a statement against the city, not against the Wings, eh?

So if the City of Chicago hates the City of Detroit, then we must hear "Detroit Sucks" at Bears games, Cubs games, White Sox games, Lincoln Park, the Chicago Cultural Center, the Harris Theater for Music and Dance, the John Hancock Center, and whatever they call the Sears Tower nowadays, right?

Funny. I had always thought it was a hockey thing. But that would be silly, now wouldn't it?

photo.jpg

:clap::siren:

However, you left out the Navy Pier and the Museum of Science and Industry. As you probably recall, they too, can get pretty carried away.

I think it's funny when they chant Detroit Sucks. It's a rivalry, it happens. No need to get butthurt over this. Plus, The Wings had a nice "Crosby Sucks" chant nearly every home game against the Pens in the finals last season.

Don't be so sensitive people!

I agree with VM about the "jealous kids with inferiority complexes." Good description.

And meanwhile, the Avs' fans even spend money on t-shirts saying "Detroit Sucks" - which only serves to shout to the hockey world about their inferiority complex. That's the idiocy of it.

http://chicagohoody.spreadshirt.com/red-wi...pparel-A1481849

http://www.chitownteez.com/product.sc?productId=24

http://www.amazon.com/Wings-Suck-Baby-Ultr...e/dp/B0014PVYXW

As a Canadian Red Wing fan married to a Chicagoan, I'd like to also re-iterate that not all Chicagoans are that bad.

And not everyone from Illinois is a bad driver, but Chicago has more than it's fair share...

Also, my first post

Edited by Shady Ultima

Guest ZetterbergFourty
Dear Chicago,

Jealousy's a *****, ain't it?

Love,

The Detroit Red Wings

:thumbup: Pretty much.

As a Canadian Red Wing fan married to a Chicagoan, I'd like to also re-iterate that not all Chicagoans are that bad.

And not everyone from Illinois is a bad driver, but Chicago has more than it's fair share...

Also, my first post

WELCOME to this fun-filled fracas!

But you really need to watch that Logic Thing you got goin', OK? ;)

Not a snowball's chance in hell, pal. I don't know what you were listening to. You guys tried but theres no way you were louder. But, go ahead, tell yourself that.

Where were you sitting at the Winter Classic?

Out in the bleachers, it was definitely louder than any other chant started that day.

Did you know Chicago chants "DETROIT SUCKS" when the Hawks are playing other teams? The Detroit Red Wings are not even in the building, why would they do this?

Source: s***cagonow

Personally, I think it's really classless to chance "insert.name.here sucks" chants no matter what teams are playing. I would never participate in this *if* it sparked at the Joe. Though I can't recollect "sucks" chants happening at the Joe....

I don't mind it. I think it's funny their doing it against other teams. Fans at the game last thursday vs Vancouver were chanting Luongo, Luongo You Suck! which I find quite lame. It reminds me of Nashville fan.

Geeze, the Wings are popular, huh! I also noticed that the baby outfit was "currently unavailable". Kinda like any person's brain cells who would spend good money on this kind of crap.

:cheesy:

The topic of this thread is that Blackhawks fans trash talk the Red Wings, even if they're not playing them.

And for the last eight pages, Red Wings fans have been complaining about the Blackhawks' fanbase, even though they don't play the Blackhawks at any point in the near past or future.

That seems kind of hypocritical, don't you think? (For the record, I think "Detroit Sucks" is a dumb chant, but to complain for eight pages about it just sinks down to the same level.)

to complain for eight pages about it just sinks down to the same level.

To be truthful, I'd say only half the people in this thread were complaining, the other half were just saying they really don't care what other fans chant.

The topic of this thread is that Blackhawks fans trash talk the Red Wings, even if they're not playing them.

And for the last eight pages, Red Wings fans have been complaining about the Blackhawks' fanbase, even though they don't play the Blackhawks at any point in the near past or future.

That seems kind of hypocritical, don't you think? (For the record, I think "Detroit Sucks" is a dumb chant, but to complain for eight pages about it just sinks down to the same level.)

I would say stadium full of hawk fans chanting "Detroit Sucks" is not quite the same level as a handful of internet dwellers mocking said Hawk fans. The red wings should be flattered that Hawks fans have a such a fixation with the Wings that they would take part in such a chant when the wings aren't playing, as opposed to you know, cheering their own team.

Their fan base is pretty pathetic. In their Sharks @ Chicago GDT last night they were bitchin' about Red Wings mid-way through the game against the Sharks. Kinda funny that they'd rather talk about Red Wings instead of the game at hand. Lol.

http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/topic/27532...go.html?page=12

Wings are icing around a $25 million dollar roster if Ralfi is out tonight.... and they're still worried about us. I like that they fear us :D

At least at the moment it's appropriate.

Really? Wings are icing, on average, a $35 million - $40 million dollar roster this year and beating other teams that are healhty or nearly healthy $52+ million dollar rosters. If you don't think the adversity the Wings are playing through this year isn't spectacular and down right amazing, then I don't know what to tell you. Wings are playing through it and are STILL a threat (and still in the playoff race), what more do you want with all they've been through this season? Give credit where credit is due! Wings are proving why they are the best in the organization.

Bottom line, if Hawks were playing through what Wings are going through, they'd be total suckage. Hell, they'd make Edmonton Oilers look like 1983-84 dynasty. If Wings were healthy, I have no doubt in my mind that they'd be in 1st place and pushing 56+ points right now.

I'm f'ing proud of this team!