• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miller Brew

Chicago chants "Detroit Sucks" when Hawks play other teams?

Rate this topic

Wow! You have hate for a city? What did Detroit do to you that was so bad to feel this strong of hate for a city in the United States? Kind of Anti-American to hate and enjoy suffering.

Disgusting!

"Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the HATE flow through you."

emperor.jpg

It's official.

pat_honda is an embarrassment to Chicagoans everywhere. Please don't think that jack-off speaks for me or Vladifan, who are proud and SANE Chicagoans. We're not all like this guy, nor do we strive to be like him either.

My apologies, I don't know how Mayor Daley let him loose from his cage.

Wow! You have hate for a city? What did Detroit do to you that was so bad to feel this strong of hate for a city in the United States? Kind of Anti-American to hate and enjoy suffering.

Disgusting!

Nothing. As a typical Hawks fan, he's been raised to hate Detroit at all costs. Another shining example that most Chicago hockey fans really aren't that intelligent, seeing how most of them started watching hockey within the last two years. What was the average UC attendance until 2008, around 9,000 per game in a 22,000 seat arena?

Not a snowball's chance in hell, pal. I don't know what you were listening to. You guys tried but theres no way you were louder. But, go ahead, tell yourself that.

yes wings fans were louder, and i live withing an hour of the UC and some idiot hawks fan was like " hahahaha you have to drive 6 hours haha" hawks fans and FIBs in general are idiots

Please don't insult all Illinoisans. Some of us....such as myself....are pretty damn awesome.

yes, lol there are some good ones, but very very few, it just seems to be a state filled with retarded idiots who can't drive for s***

Chicago hates Detroit because Detroit has more titles than them. They are jealous that a relatively poor blue collar city with a dwindling population still somehow manages to outperform their town, and that makes their ironic outbursts even funnier...

Anyways, to everyone saying that is classless to yell some team sucks needs to get a life. The people saying how classless Chicago is were probably the same people saying how awesome it was when the crowd yelled "Crosby Sucks!" during the playoffs last year. Frankly, I would love it if the Joe cranked out more passion cause sometimes it's dead in there.

It's official.

pat_honda is an embarrassment to Chicagoans everywhere. Please don't think that jack-off speaks for me or Vladifan, who are proud and SANE Chicagoans. We're not all like this guy, nor do we strive to be like him either.

It's not your fault. He's just an angry 14 year old that hates for hates sake. Once his skin clears up, it'll be better. So much hate in one so young.

Waaaaaaiiiiit a minute. Do I smell a troll in here? lol.

It's official.

:rotflmao: :beerbuddy:

cause people from illinois are arrogant retarded assholes or FIBs

Um no. And the fact that you just made an idiotic blanket statement like that puts you right in their tent, little bubba...Do you REALLY want to go there? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

yes, lol there are some good ones, but very very few, it just seems to be a state filled with retarded idiots who can't drive for s***

Did you ever drive in Texas? Especially Waco? You have not lived. Nor would you probably continue to live if you had...

Um no. And the fact that you just made an idiotic blanket statement like that puts you right in their tent, little bubba...Do you REALLY want to go there? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

read one of my above statements, not all are, thankfully some are sane, but I go to a college that is 80% of the retarded ones, and i live 2 minutes from the border were there are a bunch more and they all come up here to shop because of their stupid taxes and flood WI streets and get in accidents, and overall cause alot of tomfoolery. Unfortuneately for the state of Illinois it is not a blind statement, but it wasn't directed towards you so take a chill.

Did you ever drive in Texas? Especially Waco? You have not lived. Nor would you probably continue to live if you had...

Why should I care about texas and what does it have to do with Illinois? I have to deal with Illinoisians everyday, I have to shake my head at most of them.

Chicago Fans teach this annoying chant to their children when they are young.

I was at a game in Chicago against Detroit last year and observed this phenom unfold in front of me...

A lady walks down the stairs behind me with her daughter and when she reached the bottom of the stairs to turn and walk down the tunnel toward the concession area, she picked up her daughter, smiled, and said, "Can you say Detroit Sucks? Can you say Detroit sucks?" and walked away into the Chicago Oblivion...

I was at a game in Chicago against Detroit last year and observed this phenom unfold in front of me...

A lady walks down the stairs behind me with her daughter and when she reached the bottom of the stairs to turn and walk down the tunnel toward the concession area, she picked up her daughter, smiled, and said, "Can you say Detroit Sucks? Can you say Detroit sucks?" and walked away into the Chicago Oblivion...

Scary.

read one of my above statements, not all are, thankfully some are sane, but I go to a college that is 80% of the retarded ones, and i live 2 minutes from the border were there are a bunch more and they all come up here to shop because of their stupid taxes and flood WI streets and get in accidents, and overall cause alot of tomfoolery. Unfortuneately for the state of Illinois it is not a blind statement, but it wasn't directed towards you so take a chill.

While I agree that there are quite a few Chicagoans who can't drive for s*** (and they all have to get on the Kennedy at the same damn time, too), the worst drivers EVER are in Atlanta. Sweet sassy molassy. If so much as 1/100th of moisture hits the roadways, everyone starts driving like it's the Indy 500 and all the drivers are tweaking on meth. The accidents pile up like firewood. And if it snows? Get out. Seriously. Get out. It's safer for you to never enter city limits, lest you take your chances in Thunderdome.

Guest Shoreline
Did you know Chicago chants "DETROIT SUCKS" when the Hawks are playing other teams? The Detroit Red Wings are not even in the building, why would they do this?

Source: s***cagonow

Personally, I think it's really classless to chance "insert.name.here sucks" chants no matter what teams are playing. I would never participate in this *if* it sparked at the Joe. Though I can't recollect "sucks" chants happening at the Joe....

I think the article is funny tongue-in-cheek pointing fun at Chicago fans.

As for those chanting Detroit Sucks when the Wings aren't even playing, of course it's jealousy. Hawks have been eating s*** from the Wings for the last 15+ seasons. Reminds me of how jealous and pissy Sox fans were of the Yankees for some large number of years. I really hope Wings fans don't ever become like this in my lifetime.

That was probably the only game she had ever been to.

Another similar one I witnessed was a group of guys tried to get there first time attendee buddy to join in and he was about to say it, but then he turned to me and my friend and said I can't say it...all your team does is WIN...had to buy him a beer for that one

Please don't insult all Illinoisans. Some of us....such as myself....are pretty damn awesome.

well........................hahahahahah

ohhhhh so now lets pick on my state......DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS BOY!! hahahahahah kidding=)

but seriously..don't mess with texas. hahahaha

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Last Chicago Stanley Cup: 1961

Since 1961 Chicago has gone to the finals 5 times and lost.

Since 1961 Detroit has also gone to the finals 5 times and lost, however there were also 4 additional times where we went to the finals and won the Stanley Cup.

So... if Detroit sucks, where does that put Chicago?

It makes me smile to know they love us so much.

Edited by Holmstrom96